Warning. TM30

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

I have never made a TM30 and never provided house book etc.

My first ever extension I provided rental agreement. 

By providing that rental agreement at your first extension, you provided evidence of your official address, and on that basis the Imm Office - without telling or showing you - filed your TM-30. 

And since you were since then on an unbroken chain of your Permit to stay, they never asked you to re-submit a TM-30 when needing an Immigration service.  Why should they, as they already have your official address on file. 

41 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

By providing that rental agreement at your first extension, you provided evidence of your official address, and on that basis the Imm Office - without telling or showing you - filed your TM-30. 

Nah. If the IO had filed a TM30 then they'd have been obligated to put a copy of it in his passport. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

And since you were since then on an unbroken chain of your Permit to stay, they never asked you to re-submit a TM-30 when needing an Immigration service.  Why should they, as they already have your official address on file. 

That's not how Jomtien immigration worked for the last few years.

I think the op has left something out his post, maybe the use of an agent in the past ?

7 minutes ago, quake said:

I think the op has left something out his post, maybe the use of an agent in the past ?

Or may be 

In some cases, Immigration enforces strictly and demands the return slip of the TM30 form, in other cases they allow foreigners just to tell them their address and when it’s in the system it is okay.

22 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

You can do a TM-30 notification on-line, then print-out the confirmation of having done so and bring that copy with you when applying for your 1-year extension at your local Imm Office.  

Normally that should not be necessary, but there are indeed many reports now that some offices seem to want a re-confirmation of your official address (which is the purpose of the TM-30 notification).

In order to do the TM-30 notification on-line, the address where you are staying needs to be registered first on the IO TM-30 website, which is a quick and easy process, and you can do this as owner (or on behalf of the owner) or as tenant.  But it can take 10 minutes to 5 working-days before you get the confirmation e-mail with Username:Password for the registered address, which then allows you to do the TM-30 notification on-line. 

NOTE: Send me a PM and I can provide you with a comprehensive Guideline on how to do the above.  As usual with Immigration software 'solutions' it is easy when you know how to do it, and somewhat of a trial-and-error nightmare when you have to figure it out yourself. 

Hi, can you send me that guideline please?

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Or may be 

In some cases, Immigration enforces strictly and demands the return slip of the TM30 form, in other cases they allow foreigners just to tell them their address and when it’s in the system it is okay.

Not at Jomtien in the last few years,  unless someone has greased the wheels, I would say.

Edited by quake

11 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I had the exact same experience as the OP doing my retirement renewal last week, when I explained to them that my condo submitted online for me as usual when I came back from my last trip overseas in 2020, they said I needed to do it again as I was now on a new passport issued last year. A bit surprised they didn't ask me to do it when they transferred the stamps from my old passport to the new one.

I'll get my condo to do it again when I return on my new passport since I'm leaving next week. The queue for the TM30 is the worst one in the Jomtien office from what I saw.

Did you read the op.

your case was not the same.

yours was a new passport. 

Edited by quake

1 hour ago, quake said:

Not at Jomtien in the last few years,  unless someone has greased the wheels, I would say.

As I've said before, in 2005 confirmation of ones address was verbal by the wife and showing marriage certs. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

As I've said before, in 2005 confirmation of ones address was verbal by the wife and showing marriage certs. 

Good god man.

It has not been the case for the last few years at Jomtien.

if you used this office you would know this.

Got it ?

So I don't fully understand how the op has just discovered this after 30 years of using immigration.

It just don't make sense to me.

unless there is a bit more to this. 

On 5/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, quake said:

Been like that a few years now.

strange you have never done one at that office or on line

but was issued a new extension.

Maybe the true meaning of this post.

Amazing Jomtien immigration stories.

They accepted my Thai driving license as I wrote.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/14/2023 at 9:16 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

You said she showed her blue book, I suspect she also provided a copy of her ID, so it was not a verbal confirmation. I have no blue book but for proof of address I show signed coppies of my son's blue book and ID. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:55 AM, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, according to the TM-30 reporting regulation, which became effective almost 3 years ago (see attached), there is no need to re-issue a TM-30 when returning to your official address for immigration purposes.  

And that's not only true for domestic travel but also when returning from a trip abroad when your Permit to stay is protected by a Re-Entry Permit.  As long as you are on the same unbroken chain of extensions of your Permit to stay, there should be no need to notify Immigration by issuing a TM-30 that you returned to your official address. 

HOWEVER, there are lately reports that some Imm Offices (notably CM) do not comply anymore with that regulation, and want you to inform them by issuing a TM-30 notification that you returned after a domestic or Re-Entry Permit protected international trip. 

So if your address is in a province with such rogue Imm Office, it would be useful to register your address on the IO TM-30 website so that you can do that notification on-line (takes less than 5 minutes), rather than having to go in person to the Imm Office after your return from a domestic/international trip.

TM30 reporting regulation _ effective dd 30-06-2020.pdf 1.2 MB · 18 downloads

my experience with CM and TM30's is that they only require a new one when returning from overseas. This was confirmed at CM last week when I did my retirement extension.

At Ratchaburi IO they started asking for a copy of the TM 30 about 3 years ago to get an extension.

This year they asked me how come mine was so old but then dropped/forgot about it.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, Red Phoenix said:

You can do a TM-30 notification on-line, then print-out the confirmation of having done so and bring that copy with you when applying for your 1-year extension at your local Imm Office.  

Normally that should not be necessary, but there are indeed many reports now that some offices seem to want a re-confirmation of your official address (which is the purpose of the TM-30 notification).

In order to do the TM-30 notification on-line, the address where you are staying needs to be registered first on the IO TM-30 website, which is a quick and easy process, and you can do this as owner (or on behalf of the owner) or as tenant.  But it can take 10 minutes to 5 working-days before you get the confirmation e-mail with Username:Password for the registered address, which then allows you to do the TM-30 notification on-line. 

NOTE: Send me a PM and I can provide you with a comprehensive Guideline on how to do the above.  As usual with Immigration software 'solutions' it is easy when you know how to do it, and somewhat of a trial-and-error nightmare when you have to figure it out yourself. 

I have successfully registered my condo with Immigration and have received a username and password. When my friends come to stay, I will submit their TM30 online. When I have input the required information, am I correct in thinking that I should just click on the "save" button and the information will be sent to Immigration? Will I receive some kind of receipt so my friends can show this when they extend their visas at immigration? Any information would be gratefully received.

45 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

I have successfully registered my condo with Immigration and have received a username and password. When my friends come to stay, I will submit their TM30 online. When I have input the required information, am I correct in thinking that I should just click on the "save" button and the information will be sent to Immigration? Will I receive some kind of receipt so my friends can show this when they extend their visas at immigration? Any information would be gratefully received.

Did sent you by PM the Guideline which addresses how to check that your notification was received, and generate a print-out.

43 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Did sent you by PM the Guideline which addresses how to check that your notification was received, and generate a print-out.

Why don't you start a "How to TM30 online" thread and publish your guideline you keep sending by PM to people as then we can all see it?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

We can compare and talk all day, but it depends more on if the IO had a nice cofee or not....

They just dream up whatever....  I carry a large bag with originals and 10 x copies of everything...

Was asked whats in the bag and why I carry it.. I start to pull out the trees..  they get it...

and the come back saga?  just say you have a gik not far and come everyday anyway, and

you love driving in Thailand....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why don't you start a "How to TM30 online" thread and publish your guideline you keep sending by PM to people as then we can all see it?

He explained that in another thread.

The reason being that AseanNow is full of negative folk just posting to pick holes. 

@Red Phoenix thanks for your excellent contributions. 

Edited by Pink Mist
Troll portion of post removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I will not do so for two reasons:

#1 - Me sending it PM ensures those who are in need of the info receive the latest version on date of request.

#2 - I update all my documents based on the comments/suggestions I receive from users, and am also happy to answer any questions users have on TM-30 relating to their personal situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thaiowl said:

Will I receive some kind of receipt so my friends can show this when they extend their visas at immigration? Any information would be gratefully received.

The online system doesn't really generate receipts or offer a way to print one. You can log back in and check an entry has been saved and screen shot/photograph it, BUT Its not really required as immigration can see the entry on their computer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the thread title is misleading.

There is no surprise about TM-30 reporting at Jomtien.

it's been the norm for many years now at Jomtien.

But sure if it's your first extension there, maybe.

( O visa stuff that is )

The only surprise,   is someone slipping under there radar for so long. 

As we long time users of that office know that a few years back they went full on, with gusto at everyone over this TM-30 nonsense.

What a carbuncle that was,  the office was totally  rammed all day long with people. !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But as one poster has mentioned, they already have all your info from the past on file. so the TM-30 was most likely already on file. but no paper slip of this in the passport, even if that is not needed now.

So it was just a little paper work dance that was required.

wasting an hour and a half. no surprise at all.

But we all know immigration have all the information that is usually required on file to do most things at there offices.

but they make us all do the paper work dance every year.

how sad they are at time. :coffee1:

I would not recommend rocking up at Jomtien immigration with just a drivers license as proof of address.

I know what they will tell you to do. :giggle: that would be no surprise.

Happy extensions at Jomtien, No surprises for me anyway. 

Please remember this thread was about Jomtien immigration

not any other office in Thailand.

Edited by quake
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Lots of reports in here that some IOs insist on a printout of the TM30 registration.

I think you will find there are not many reports of immigration wanting a non existent receipt, that the online system doesn't actually print, how can they ask for something that doesn't exist .

The only reports I have ever seen comes from people not actually using the system, or agents etc, who have a vested interest in saying its very difficult, and best to use their services.

I administer 5 properties, report tenants online frequently, to date none of these tenants have been asked by immigration for a paper receipt.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find there are not many reports of immigration wanting a non existent receipt, that the online system doesn't actually print, how can they ask for something that doesn't exist .

The only reports I have ever seen comes from people not actually using the system, or agents etc, who have a vested interest in saying its very difficult, and best to use their services.

I administer 5 properties, report tenants online frequently, to date none of these tenants have been asked by immigration for a paper receipt.

Plenty of people reports here saying that IO want TM30 printouts, it comes up quite regularly. You have to read ALL the posts and comments.

We know that neither online option provides a receipt so in lieu of that it is advised to ask for a screenshot from the app or the website then print it out if necessary.

If your tenants haven't been harassed by IO for a printout then bully for them however their experience is not universal.

• Thumbs Up 1