Where Pheu Thai failed and where Move Forward capitalized

webfact

Good analysis. It also means that broadly the two camps, i.e. the older generation across the populace and the younger generation are set to join in a coalition. That can only be good for the country as it also sidelines the dinosaurs who've been trying to divide the country.

But to paraphrase Mao: It depends what the men with the guns say - and we've seen what they're happy to say in the past when their privileges and chokehold on the country came under threat. 'Soft' coups were the nicest things they said.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pegman said:

They will share governing therefore both are winners as are regular Thai people 

NO PT needed to be the leader.  It had it's winning reputation that it had to keep clean.  They can no longer say we have never lost an election that was fair.

Thaksin hurt the party.  To the faithful, he is next to god.  But there are a lot of young people that only know what they have read along with the fact that anytime he has been involved, there has been a Coup.

PT had their base in the north and felt that they could ride it.  No one until it was too late really thought MFP would sweep Bangkok.

Bringing back Thaksin is no longer in the cards.  All the promises that they made are gone.  They showed with their willingness to form a government with Prawit that they are not the anti-military group that they stated.

Will they further show their hand by using the courts to gain favor at the risk of losing even more support?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

PT need a new strategy; anything other than the continued use of Thaksins money and the Shinawatra name used decade after decade of Elections.   I live in the North and talk to many Northern Thai Families and with few exceptions they all say the same as i do.  The young however want a complete seachange and yesterdays results show that quite clearly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it almost funny to read articles like this not even a day after the unofficial results.

Where does all this knowledge come from?

With how many voters in how many locations did you talk?

How many surveys all over the country did you analyze?

Or was it more like: I talked with my collogues and we all think the same? We obviously didn't include those others with those strange opinions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Whatever the outcome may be in the end, the results imho show clearly that the influence of the Shinawatra clan in Thailand's politics is declining.

Isn't that a real shame ????

• Haha 1