Buckingham Palace gives no comment on Meghan and Harry’s NYC car chase

webfact

image.jpeg

Screen grab.

by Tara Abhasakun

Buckingham Palace did not comment on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry‘s reported involvement in a “near catastrophic car chase” in New York City on Tuesday night.

People magazine reached out to the palace for a statement yesterday, but no comment was provided. The palace usually does not comment on matters involving 38 year old Prince Harry, and 41 year old Meghan, after their decision to step back from their royal roles in 2020. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex relocated to Meghan’s home state of California, where they currently reside with their young children – their four-year old son Prince Archie, and 23 month old daughter Princess Lilibet.

The incident occurred the previous day when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, accompanied by Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, were allegedly pursued by “a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi” as they departed from the Ms Foundation 2023 Women of Vision Awards: Celebrating Generations of Progress & Power at Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan, according to a spokesperson. The spokesperson stated to People magazine…

“Last night, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Ms Ragland were involved in a near catastrophic car chase at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi. This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/world/buckingham-palace-gives-no-comment-on-meghan-and-harrys-nyc-car-chase

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Wise move.

From the reports I saw, it was a very minor incident blown out of all proportion by a couple of drama queens looking for footage for their next Netflix series.

Near catasrophic? ????

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65629160

image.png.5093552152949beea1e9de4a6b8f38ba.png

Completely undeserving of comment. 

Did you miss the bit in the article where it stated (my emphasis):

"For at least the few minutes they were in Mr Singh's car, he did not believe they were in danger."?

Or the bit where he said:

"They looked nervous, I think they were being chased the whole day or something,"?

Confirmation bias strikes again, methinks. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

By not mentioning Henri Paul Diana's drunk driver that evening you are not being fair as this caused the death of Diana and probably by not wearing a seat belt didn't help her chances of survival.

Certainly there were factors which exacerbated the outcome, but the main point is that there would have probably not have been a crash if the paparazzi were not chasing her car. 

• Like 2

Scenarios like this one could be so easily prevented. Get a limousine with black out windows and no one will be able to see or take pictures of you. Case closed!

They also need to step up the laws regarding the paparazzi filth! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I see you're buying the narrative of Markle as Diana 2.0.

I guess someone has to. ????

Not really, but you really have most definitely bought into the narrative that non white, non English must be inferior. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Strange how Prince William learned to live with it without crying about it all the time.

Isn't it strange that 2 different people might have totally different reactions to an event, especially with they were are very different stages of childhood development when the event occurred. 

But it was me who made the comparison - I can assure that I am not Harry Windsor so it's a bit unfair of you to blame him for my post.

34 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps if Harry and Meghan learn to keep quiet and ignore the press, the press will ignore them.

That's how it works in the real world, unfortunately. You see, news outlets such as the Express or The Mail, GB News etc - they rely on the hatred and unfounded outrage that certain unhinged members of society hold for those not 100% like them, so those scummy news outlets foster said outrage in order to attract attention, thus generating advertising revenue.

As long as there are people incandescent that Harry has the temerity to marry a non white, non English, these 'news' organisations will continue to feed those people with all the copy needed to keep their blood pressure above 140 over 90. And as we have seen so many times before, there is no depths so low for our media won't stoop to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Isn't it strange that 2 different people might have totally different reactions to an event, especially with they were are very different stages of childhood development when the event occurred. 

But it was me who made the comparison - I can assure that I am not Harry Windsor so it's a bit unfair of you to blame him for my post.

That's how it works in the real world, unfortunately. You see, news outlets such as the Express or The Mail, GB News etc - they rely on the hatred and unfounded outrage that certain unhinged members of society hold for those not 100% like them, so those scummy news outlets foster said outrage in order to attract attention, thus generating advertising revenue.

As long as there are people incandescent that Harry has the temerity to marry a non white, non English, these 'news' organisations will continue to feed those people with all the copy needed to keep their blood pressure above 140 over 90. And as we have seen so many times before, there is no depths so low for our media won't stoop to.

It's great the way you only blame publications that go against your views.

For full effect and an opinion more people will agree with, try using the media in general in your posts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:52 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a very easy solution to such a problem: Drive slowly!

There is no such thing as a slow-moving catastrophic car chase. 

Absolutely.  Instead of a deadly high speed car chase it becomes a parade.

On 5/19/2023 at 4:03 AM, Credo said:

admired Harry and, by extension, Meghan.   It's not just 'privacy' that they seek but safety.  The paparazzi are more than photographers, they are intrusive individuals trying to catch people in a compromising position.  They are willing to do things to compromise people and use a photo for financial gain.   

Harry and Meghan actively seek media and paparazzi attention. They love it. It is what underpins all their money making ventures.

Real security, especially if safety is a worry, would be a nondescript saloon, with tinted windows, merging with all the others in the Manhattan traffic, with possibly an accompanying unmarked police car; not 4 blacked out SUVs playing fast and furious, with goons in suits running around in traffic jams.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 4:01 PM, RuamRudy said:

To be fair, they chased his mother in similar circumstances and that didn't end too well for her or for 9-year old Harry either, 

His mother's driver  had too much to drink which did'nt help matters too...but he's an attention seeker just like his mother