Expelled from Thailand

21 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That's a stamp denying you entry for the old chestnut of 'lack of means to support yourself'. It's not expelling you. 

The form i signed was a TM35 ti had that language on it. I read closely because she was not at the desk for a long while and as i was confused as to what was happeneing i read it closely. It maybe nothing. I do not know the exact effect of it on my immigration status.

I have identified the stamp and figuring things out, somewhat. Cheers

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The chap I quoted was stating that METV was designed for people using Thailand as a base and traveling around Asian countries.

That's nonsense.

Some use it to max out time spent in Thailand.

No rule preventing that. 

By way of example the 60 day stamp per entry can be extended by 30 days. 1900b 

Exactly. I have used it to stay 9 months. Near the end of your six month visa date the key is to enter Thailand before it expires, then you get 60 days...plus a 30 day extension. Again, sorry if I misunderstood what the OP was asking.

31 minutes ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

The form i signed was a TM35 ti had that language on it. I read closely because she was not at the desk for a long while and as i was confused as to what was happeneing i read it closely. It maybe nothing. I do not know the exact effect of it on my immigration status.

The TM35 form appears to be a written notification to you that you have been refused entry into Thailand. 

The authority of the official to issue the TM35 form comes under Section 22 of the Immigration Act 1979. 

The refusal of entry comes after the official determines that a foreigner falls under a certain category of person that should be excluded from entering the Kingdom under the provisions of Section 12 of the Immigration Act 1979. 

The following link is a PDF file that has 11 different categories of people who might be excluded. Decide for yourself which one they likely chose for you. ????

[Section 12, pages 6 and 7.... Section 22, pages 11 and 12.]

http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/outsitedata/outsite21/file/Immigration_Act_B.E._2522.pdf

See also page 3 of this document (in Thai).

https://phangngaimmigration.go.th/assets/uploads/file-5.pdf

Edited by asf6
  • Like 2

Going by the stamp in the OP's passport, it appears he was denied entry under section 12, clause 2. 

(2)  Having no appropriate means of living on entering the Kingdom;

Immigration-section 12.jpg

Edited by asf6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That's a stamp denying you entry for the old chestnut of 'lack of means to support yourself'. It's not expelling you. 

Which is the standard get out clause used, without explaining what it means, knowing that most cant read it.

refused on Section 12, 2 of the immigration act for ไม่มีปัจจัยยังชีพตามสมควร

Unfortunately, by being confused about what the May 12 date really meant and arguing about it, you got on the agent's bad side and she refused you the simple visa exempt 30 day option. 

Just get a plane ticket & fly in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Previous permission to stay stamp is irrelevant. His visa is no longer valid after 12th May.  And he wasn't expelled, he was denied entry. I would have asked for a visa waiver entry.

Yes I agree.

Upset io and they're going to deny on principle 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

I have 60 days per entry i extend by 30, but, that 30 eats into the days permitted in the tourist visa? Doesnt make sense to me.

That is your problem, work on it, others understand it so there is a chance that you might.  Good luck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sefwrwyju7lo6 said:

I should mention. I use the word expelled and expulsion because it was what is mentioned on the form i had to sign before they did it. I believe it was a TM 35 but searching doesnt provide any info on the form.

<<<< Downloadable attachment containing personal information has been edited out >>>>

Maybe the poster does understand the VISA has a validity. Say for example the visa is obtained outside of Thai land then the person must use the visa within the validity period. 

• Like 1

The simple fact of the matter is that you tried to enter Thailand with an expired visa and you would be denied entry to any other country in the world if you tried to do the same thing. At a guess I would say you just went up to the IO's window and shoved your passport at her and expected to just get another stamp to get into the country. She has seen your expired visa plus your 2 overstays on that same short period visa and said to herself "here is another idiot falang who does not have respect for our immigration laws and is trying to enter the country illegally, but he is not getting in this time" She told you to fly in and the reason for that is at the airports they have holding cells to detain you in till they send you back to your home country. There is 3 breaches to Thailands immigration laws in less than 12 months. 2 Overstays plus 1 attempt to enter the country on an expired visa.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terryq said:

A multi entry tourist visa is not designed for people who want to live in Thailand continuously. It is designed for tourists who want use Thailand as their base whilst travelling around SE Asia or even beyond.

Possible itinerary could be week in Thailand ,few days in Cambodia then return to Thailand for a while then off to Singapore for some days . back to Thailand  then on to ....you get the picture.

It works great for that.

it also works "great" for back to back stays of upto 90 days   How could you possibly know what it is designed for?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Upnotover said:

There does appear to be a fundamental misunderstanding by at least one person of the purpose of a multi entry tourist visa.  It is to allow a tourist to base themselves in Thailand and make multiple trips out/back to other countries as part of their holiday.  Those trips may be several days or weeks and the in between time in Thailand the same. 

It is not intended to be used to stay as long as possible in Thailand before having to leave and return on a new entry, there are other visas/extensions far better suited to that.

From what I have read there are two people on here with a fundamental misunderstanding of ME tourist visas and you are one of them

People like the OP are confused enough already without  people like you inventing your own regulations.  Why would you even do that ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Something that always amazes me is the so many people hang on to the last moment to get an extension, and then complain about Thai Immigration.

Would it really hurt if you went 2 or 3 days early, just in case of any problems?

He didn't wait last moment to apply for an extension like you think.

He had no idea how his multi-entry tourist visa worked and he did 2 entries with 2 overstays. He was then denied his 3rd entry to Thailand (not expelled) when he tried to enter for 60 days on his expired visa because he thought it was a "triple entry visa"

(while also stating the IO had an IQ less than 10 because she couldn't understand his visa)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

I gave up reading after you quoted "triple entry tourist visa". These ended years ago. Get your terminolgy correct and state what visa you actually have and I am sure people will help you. The ignorance of some people who pretend to be grown ups astounds me.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

After they have spent a lot more time reading about border problems than the OP has.

That's the only reason that you know......idling in Thailand, spending your life flicking through this and the other forums on AN.

Why would a new tourist visitor, doing what he thought was the right thing (and he had no problem with it up until then) be bothering to find out the best crossing?

Once again.......some people have real lives to live.

Sounds like you're the same as the op, personally i would have researched it before going