Russian tourist injured in Bangkok snatching incident

snoop1130

4 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Safer in condo than walking on the street given the hour…

who pays for her medical treatment? Not just a theft but assault with injuries

The thief had the decency to wrap her in gauze before he fled.

• Haha 1

You can't help stupid !

Police tracked the GPS signal of the victim’s AirPods to Soi Yu Suk 30 in the Mueang district of Samut Prakan province, just south of Bangkok, and followed the signal.

As soon as police arrived at the Soi Yu Suk 30 they met a man riding a yellow Honda Scoopy motorbike with a Samut Prakan registration. Both the man and bike matched the CCTV images.

Police questioned the man, 41 year old Thanakrit, who confessed to snatching and fleeing with the tourists’ bag at around 11pm on Wednesday.

Thanakrit was arrested under suspicion of, “robbery by sudden snatching using a vehicle for convenience or to escape from arrest and causing bodily harm to the victim.”

So long sucker.....

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Nice police work

Indeed...."Thanks to Thong Lor Police officers, the tourist – although bruised and shaken up – was reunited with all of her valuable stolen belongings."....great effective police work !!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derek B said:
19 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Police tracked the GPS signal of the victim’s AirPods

Interesting - how does one do that? 

Don't own any Apple products myself, but I would guess it works without GPS at all and the news is incorrect. Much like Apple Airtags, the Airpods would use the vast Apple Find My network system to locate lost items that uses a network/Bluetooth connection to the Apple ecosystem and not any GPS signal.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I disagree. This kind of thing is still rather rare here. In the US, it is very common. Happens all the time. In many other nations like the PI, Cambodia, Canada, and throughout Europe, it is also very common. Petty crime remains low here, thankfully. 

What are you smoking?

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Police tracked the GPS signal of the victim’s AirPods to Soi Yu Suk 30 in the Mueang district of Samut Prakan province, just south of Bangkok, and followed the signal.

As soon as police arrived at the Soi Yu Suk 30 they met a man riding a yellow Honda Scoopy motorbike with a Samut Prakan registration. Both the man and bike matched the CCTV images.

Police questioned the man, 41 year old Thanakrit, who confessed to snatching and fleeing with the tourists’ bag at around 11pm on Wednesday.

Thank goodness that bad snatchers like this have the smarts of a truck load of rocks.  Especially in this day and age of smartphone tech. 

15 hours ago, marcusb said:

Canada? Really?  Yeah we have crime, murders. fights, drugs etc. Bag snatching a tourist from a scooter, never heard of it in my 60 years there.    

Of course you have never heard of a scooter bag snatching incident during your 60 years in Canada. Who the heck rides a scooter in the Canadian winter? I bet you have never seen a camel bag snatcing incident in Canada either.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Khun Roberto said:

That this is even "news" shows what a safe city BKK is. Sure there's petty crime, lawlessness and corruption. But name me one city in the west where you can routinely leave your helmet sitting on your motorcycle and expect it to be there when you come back. 

In Vietnam, it would not made news. It happens there every day, multiple times.

They usually operate in pairs. Saw a snatching unfold just in front of the cab I was in a few years ago. They stop a little short of the target, pillion guy jump off, sneaks up on the target, snatches the goods and races ahead where driver guy has already moved to and is waiting. 10secs. max and they've got money for whatever drugs it is they need.

Edited by Chicksaw

21 hours ago, Derek B said:

Interesting - how does one do that? 

I'll get you started:

First you type into Google "How to track airpods"

That will give you a list headed :  "Showing results for How to track airpods"

Then choose one of the many entries on the list that tell you how to do it.

????????

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

In Vietnam, it would not made news. It happens there every day, multiple times.

It happens everywhere, every day, it's just not news.   Well, maybe not countries that chop your hand off if caught stealing.