Annual Soi 6 Party Returns to Pattaya After Four Years in June

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-After a long four year drought due to Covid-19 and travel restrictions, along with covid-related rules enforced on entertainment venues, Soi 6 is getting ready to celebrate its annual weekend street event once again.

This year, the event will be held on June 10th and 11th all day during the opening hours of the Soi, which can differ slightly bar to bar but is generally around 2-4PM until 1-2 AM.

Soi 6 is one of Pattaya’s most historic and famous streets containing dozens of bars and entertainment venues along with restaurants, hotels, and a variety of smaller shops. Located in North Pattaya near the Runway market, it is easy to find and a major landmark for many tourists.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/24/annual-soi-6-party-returns-to-pattaya-after-four-years-in-june/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, quake said:

Used to be more of an afternoon party, back in the day. :thumbsup:

Right you are, should have stated daily, as night time is more for tourist.   Was amazed at the daytime "festivities".

Not that I'm a fan of or would partake, actually part of the reason I don't visit Patts, but it is there to enjoy, if your fancy.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Soi 6 is one of Pattaya’s most historic and famous streets containing dozens of bars and entertainment venues along with restaurants, hotels, and a variety of smaller shops. Located in North Pattaya near the Runway market, it is easy to find and a major landmark for many tourists

Follow the Nam Plaa scent in the air.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Soi 6 is one of Pattaya’s most historic and famous streets containing dozens of bars and entertainment venues along with restaurants, hotels, and a variety of smaller shops.

Can you imagine going there with the wife and kids........... thinking this is an accurate description?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Slightly off topic but Soi 6 is a survivor that confounds me. A source of embarrassment for authorities and frequently subjected to police raids for various reasons. The development and slight improvement in appearance attempts to creep Southwards from the fancy T21 and Amari corners, but soi 6 is still there. The show that never ends through the Queen Vic windows.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

>Historic< street :cheesy:

It's so amusing to the read the wording avoiding what the "700 singles" are all about.

Imagine you would go to a party with 700 single girls in the west and they would all be like those Soi 6 girls. That would be truly party time.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

On dating (and other) sites that means: I'm a (Thai) freelancer or professional, and there is a good chance that I have a Thai husband or boyfriend at home...

Single..????????????

Does it really matter for that party? As long as guys just <deleted> them all day and don't want to marry them then it shouldn't make a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Will B Good said:
18 hours ago, webfact said:

Soi 6 [...] containing dozens of bars and entertainment venues [...]

Can you imagine going there with the wife and kids........... thinking this is an accurate description?

Why would anybody take the wife and kids to such a place? 

Or maybe: Kids, look at this, here is where I met your mom. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

frequently subjected to police raids for various reasons.

The only reason is non-payment of monthly protection money.  I watched the two smartly dressed young Thai guys accept an envelope from behind the bar.  When I asked my 'friend' what it was for, she said, 'Music Licence.'  (There was no speakers/equipment anywhere, which made it my favourite watering-hole.)

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The only reason is non-payment of monthly protection money.  I watched the two smartly dressed young Thai guys accept an envelope from behind the bar.  When I asked my 'friend' what it was for, she said, 'Music Licence.'  (There was no speakers/equipment anywhere, which made it my favourite watering-hole.)

Yes, the underlying reason. But I recall various purges over the years, wasn't there one some years ago against places that had a room with a bed in it.... a mattress on the floor was ok, as that is 'Thai style'!

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would anybody take the wife and kids to such a place? 

Or maybe: Kids, look at this, here is where I met your mom. 

Well that was the purpose of the post......from the description given they wouldn't know any better

16 hours ago, BusyB said:

'Participanting bars ...'

Takes some stamina I guess ????

Dammit the autocorrect kicked in again even after I corrected it ... but I see someone else also spotted the 'panticipation'.

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine you would go to a party with 700 single girls in the west and they would all be like those Soi 6 girls.

"...and they would all be like those Soi 6 girls".

You mean 700 prostitutes demanding paid-for drinks and money for them to blow you or they wouldn't even talk to you?  Yeah, great party.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it really matter for that party? As long as guys just <deleted> them all day and don't want to marry them then it shouldn't make a difference. 

I don't even know what this party is about... Can I win a free blow ..., or something? Are the bar fines waved on that day? What kind of party?

4 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I don't even know what this party is about... Can I win a free blow ..., or something? Are the bar fines waved on that day? What kind of party?

TJ's bar halfway down LHS, as you walk to Beach Road, used to offer that with your first beer.

• Like 1