Target removes some LGBTQ products after threats

Social Media

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

You are right. Target can sell what they want. And their customers can boycott if they want. And people can protest if they want.  Free country and all that. 

But they may be making a mistake in a business sense.  

The limits of protest do not extend to making threats.

Don’t fret, I’m sure Target understand their customer base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2009 said:

What does anyone have against Jews??

What wrong with being a nationalist anyway? Most countries are: look at Thailand.

We are just tired of the LBGT rhetoric. It's even illegal now to use the wrong pronoun. 

The Left have gone so far left, that they are now an authoritarian entity.

There's a lot wrong with being a white nationalist in a diverse country of immigrants which is the USA.

• Like 2

Not ideal, actions being determined by what a minority might do, but probably better than triggering some moron into another mass shooting.

These rightwing nut jobs don't require much to go over the edge, so better to be safe now, than dole out thoughts and prayers later.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t care what portion of Target’s customer base is LGBTQ, target are entitled to sell goods not prohibited by law.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

As someone who believes in a free market I don't really care what a company sells but it's quite funny to see the double standards of the left in action.  Imagine if Target sold a range of t-shirts or mugs with the perfectly legal phrase "It's okay to be white" written on them? How do you think that would go?  Are you going to pretend to yourself that you would not be outraged at this?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And then, I guess, there is a huge group of people who just think life should go on without mentioning LGBT all the time.”

Surely this group of people must be getting sick of rightwing authoritarians banging on about LGBT all the time.

Personally I am getting sick of people who can't even answer the question: What is a woman?

And people who like to promote drag queens, etc. 

And people who pretend there is no difference between boys and girls.

I am no American and obviously I won't vote over there. But if I would vote then it would be difficult to decide if I want to support the people who don't know what a woman is or support the people who don't want to allow any abortion etc.

Bad and bad. Maybe Americans should talk more to each other and come back to common sense. But it seems that is a foreign concept for many over there. 

1 minute ago, James105 said:

As someone who believes in a free market I don't really care what a company sells but it's quite funny to see the double standards of the left in action.  Imagine if Target sold a range of t-shirts or mugs with the perfectly legal phrase "It's okay to be white" written on them? How do you think that would go?  Are you going to pretend to yourself that you would not be outraged at this?  

I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't go into the store to terrorize the staff about it either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I am getting sick of people who can't even answer the question: What is a woman?

And people who like to promote drag queens, etc. 

And people who pretend there is no difference between boys and girls.

I am no American and obviously I won't vote over there. But if I would vote then it would be difficult to decide if I want to support the people who don't know what a woman is or support the people who don't want to allow any abortion etc.

Bad and bad. Maybe Americans should talk more to each other and come back to common sense. But it seems that is a foreign concept for many over there. 

Are you seriously saying that transgender people don't exist?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Not ideal, actions being determined by what a minority might do, but probably better than triggering some moron into another mass shooting.

These rightwing nut jobs don't require much to go over the edge, so better to be safe now, than dole out thoughts and prayers later.

Well sadly those types often own automatic weapons. 

10 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

"people" who I think might be imaginary.

Maybe do a little research and you will find out that are lots people out there who are just nuts.

I.e. just watch "What is a woman?"

I am not a fan of Matt Walsh. But to be fair in that documentary he just asks questions and let "experts" answer. 

25 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

This is called bowing to a bunch of a-holes who should mind their own business. They don't have to buy that stuff and certainly don't have the right to prevent other customers from buying things.

Nobody is being prevented from buying anything. Target online sells the full line of rainbow crap.  

Target, had they wanted to, could have made a principled stand and said, "NO, we stand with our 2SLGBTQQIA+ brothers and sisters and people. We will NOT remove or reposition any merchandise. Vive la queer!"

But they didn't. 

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would you like to cancel their opinion or are you content to let them air their opinion ?

I am surprised that you had to ask. I think everyone should have the right to air their opinions. It doesn't mean that I have to agree with them, and certainly is doesn't mean that I can't laugh uproariously at their hypocrisy, but feel free to air your views. I will support your right to do so, irrespective of how unpalatable they may be.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well sadly those types often own automatic weapons. 

No, they don't. Automatic weapons are almost impossible for civilians to own. Please do not become a victim of your own hyperbole. 

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There's a lot wrong with being a white nationalist in a diverse country of immigrants which is the USA.

You are really playing with words here to make it sound racist.

Is it okay for African Americans or Asian Americans to be American nationalists? I am sure it is. Then why not whites?

I really don't understand why all Americans - of every color - can't be nationalists together.

You don't have to create division. It isn't a case of: 'my team vs. your team'  

You all have the same nationality, hence you should be nationalists together. ????

Although some hate their own country and want to see it burn.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Is it okay for African Americans or Asian Americans to be American nationalists? I am sure it is. Then why not whites?

I really don't understand why all Americans - of every color - can't be nationalists together.

You all have the same nationality, hence you should be nationalists together. ????

Oh please wake up!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/white-supremacists-anarchists-dhs-homeland-threat-assessment/index.html

White supremacists remain deadliest US terror threat, Homeland Security report says

By Geneva Sands, CNN

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe do a little research and you will find out that are lots people out there who are just nuts.

Yeah, I don't need to do any research to find out there are lots of people out there who are just nuts.

I have your posts for that purpose. 

So these people making you sick are folks you heard about from some one else. Do I have that correct?

Maybe work on not being so sick first.

25 minutes ago, candide said:

Who's mentioning LGBT all the time? The only people I see mentioning LGBT all the times are right-wing. 

Projection.

Next thing you know they'll be complaining about animated caricatures of M&Ms.

Wait, I'm being told the right wingnut jobs have already cycled through Woke M&Ms twice already.

29 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Lordy.  Are you suggesting that white nationalists are not racists?  Even they would admit that they're proudly racist.  You're just being deliberately obtuse. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am surprised that you had to ask. I think everyone should have the right to air their opinions. It doesn't mean that I have to agree with them, and certainly is doesn't mean that I can't laugh uproariously at their hypocrisy, but feel free to air your views. I will support your right to do so, irrespective of how unpalatable they may be.

Please do not make this about me , this story is about the guys in the Target shops .

*but feel free to air your  their   views. I will support your their right to do so,

Thanks 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please wake up!

I ain't going 'woke', buddy 

Yeah, that the last two so- called 'white supremacist attacks: have been committed by non-whites, lol.

Why are they so eager to link recent attacks to white supremacy (when we clearly see the perp was brown)?

This white supremacy thing is a witch hunt.

White supremacists remain deadliest US terror threat, Homeland Security report says

By Geneva Sands, CNN

If that were true, then why is there more black-on-white violence than the other way around?

Look at the figures for violent crime and homicide each year. You'll see.

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Lordy.  Are you suggesting that white nationalists are not racists?  Even they would admit that they're proudly racist.  You're just being deliberately obtuse. 

I am suggesting that it is possible to be a nationalist and not be racist.

In fact, they are not instrinsically related.

Japanese are nationalists. So are Thais, as well as most countries in the world actually.

But if a white person is a nationalist, he is tarred and feathered as a racist.

So much for this white privilege, I am hearing about.

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

I am suggesting that it is possible to be a nationalist and not be racist.

In fact, they are not instrinsically related.

Japanese are nationalists. So are Thais, as well as most countries in the world actually.

But if a white person is a nationalist, he is tarred and feathered as a racist.

So much for this white privilege, I am hearing about.

What does this have to do with the topic?