Paramedic Team Caught on Video Stealing from Accident Victim's vehicle

webfact

image.jpeg

A shocking incident involving a municipal paramedic team in Samut Prakan province has been captured on video, revealing their inappropriate actions at an accident scene. The footage shows a member of the paramedic team helping an injured individual while discreetly taking two packs of crab sticks from the victim's motorcycle. 

On May 24th, a concerned citizen alerted the media about a Facebook user who live-streamed an accident that took place at a Shell gas station on Bangna-Trat Road, Exit 6, in Samut Prakan province. Subsequently, it was discovered that the individual responsible for the live stream was a member of the municipal paramedic team from the same province, reported Daily News.

The video captured the paramedic obstructing an ambulance's path while compassionate bystanders assisted in moving the injured person's belongings from the motorcycle to the roadside. In the footage, the paramedic can be heard asking a colleague, "Do you want some?" before taking the crab stick packages from the injured individual and placing them on the car seat. Another female paramedic is heard saying, "Take another pack." The person who recorded the video claimed that it provided sufficient evidence of wrongdoing.

image.jpeg

Witnesses report that the incident occurred on March 21st. Upon realizing the impropriety, the witness recorded the video and reported it to the paramedic team's superior. However, no action was taken even after a significant amount of time had passed.

When questioned, the superior dismissed the incident as a minor issue. As a result, the witness decided to hand over the video to the media in hopes of raising awareness about the behavior of this particular paramedic team.

image.jpeg

Such actions are far from minor and contradict the principles of paramedics, who are expected to prioritize assisting the injured rather than stealing from them. This incident tarnishes the reputation of dedicated professionals in the paramedic field.

Most recently, a news reporter spoke with Mr. Sarawut Anuson, the delivery personnel who was the victim of the accident, to hear about his firsthand experience. He explained that on that day, he was driving from the office to deliver goods in the Bangplee area.

Upon arriving at the accident scene, his motorcycle collided with a taxi, resulting in injuries. Shortly after, the municipal paramedic team arrived, but instead of offering assistance, they began filming and inquired about his injuries. They provided no help whatsoever.

image.jpeg

When Mr. Sarawut later watched the video clip, he felt deeply disturbed by the actions of this particular paramedic team. Rather than coming to his aid following the accident, they took his belongings.

After the incident, he went to the hospital, while his motorcycle and other belongings were taken away by factory personnel. He was unaware of the missing items until he saw the video. Although he does not plan to file a complaint, he wishes to caution others to be vigilant with their belongings during such emergencies.

All pictures: Daily News

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-05-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses report that the incident occurred on March 21st. Upon realizing the impropriety, the witness recorded the video and reported it to the paramedic team's superior. However, no action was taken even after a significant amount of time had passed.

When questioned, the superior dismissed the incident as a minor issue.

Amazing.

23 minutes ago, stoner said:

is this some of that rich and deep culture i was told i had to respect the other day ? 

i could not even begin to imagine this happening at home. look at the stark difference on how ambulances are treated here vs back home. 

as i said before the road of cars splits like the red sea back home and is expected when ambulances approach. here you got to worry about getting jacked while you are laying on the road dying. 

shame to all persons involved with this. 

If you feel this way about Thailand and how can those type of thoughts not lower your well-being? Why wouldn't you move to a more comfortable country?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, sidjameson said:

If you feel this way about Thailand and how can those type of thoughts not lower your well-being? Why wouldn't you move to a more comfortable country?

you are right it breaks my heart every time i see cars here NOT doing something so simple as to move for an ambulance. 

i am quite comfortable living here....its not me being an a hole in traffic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt there is a more morally bankrupt culture than you find so often in Thailand. This is just one example. Another is, when a friend of mine died in Phuket, within a couple of hours the human vultures descended and striped his house bare, including of the bed he died on, and for good measure they stole his SUV too. Scum.

• Thumbs Up 1