Brit stabbed to death with sickle by Thai neighbour, inquest hears

webfact

2 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Come on say it as it is, no Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang. You and thousands like you are just an ATM, now she's got the house, car & the rest I doubt she'll give a toss 

Not all Thai wives are the same, despite barstool talk by losers.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Had a Canadian here that did played loud American rock music at his house because he was fed up with the neighbours constant loud music. He bought big speakers to do it. They complained to the Police who promptly came round to his house to tell him to turn it off. When he pointed out about his neighbour he got told Thai music is OK. Go figure 

A key reason I'd never buy a property in Thailand and just rent, aside from the fact rentals are very reasonable/plentiful and the lack of legal land ownership for foreigners.

Not worth the risk of being trapped by neighbours from hell with no recourse!

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Yes.....they jack up the bass to ridiculous levels.

We went to a temple market one night and they started up.......I just stood and looked at everyone thinking....for f s.......what are you thinking...that this is normal...that this is okay....that this is entertaining......the Emperor's new clothes....

5555....yep. After 30+ years here my reaction at those times is still exactly the same as your own!! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I am struggling..........the worst of it is that the wife has been an absolute diamond......leaving her would be an act of staggering selfishness.

You say that but she bought the land and built the house without telling you, according to the earlier post. Pretty selfish from her side imo and not what I'd expect from a relationship. 

Perhaps you can suggest an arrangement where you split time between Bangkok and the village. Otherwise you will flip at some point. 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear, it looks like you may have been unlucky in love, and probably not only in Thailand. 

I'm genuinely  curious as to how you have established  that    "No Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang." could  you provide a link to back this up?

I have also  heard this from several other  jaded / jilted  foreigners who I knew personally,  interestingly I noticed that all of them  shared some common traits    

I am more inclined to think that no Thai woman could really enjoy life with any  foreigner who exhibits more than say 2 of the following common traits.  

1) They spoke no Thai whatsoever

2) They had no Thai friends at all

3) They regularly drank to excess

4)  The only Thai food they could eat was fried rice

5)  They treated their poor wives worse than dogs

How  many of the above traits apply to you?   I'm guessing just  4  as you would need to have  found one willing to marry you before the 5th one could apply

Could add number 6 

Regularly cheats on his Wife , often paying prostitutes

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Could add number 6 

Regularly cheats on his Wife , often paying prostitutes

lol you got me  I totally forgot about that one, although in my defence I was busy doing the ironing having just finished the washing up. 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

After a year they are now having a hearing. 

Meantime the attacker is what and where?

Did he entered a temple? 

Done for 10 years about 1000 baht fine, halved because he pleaded guilty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh dear, it looks like you may have been unlucky in love, and probably not only in Thailand. 

I'm genuinely  curious as to how you have established  that    "No Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang." could  you provide a link to back this up?

I have also  heard this from several other  jaded / jilted  foreigners who I knew personally,  interestingly I noticed that all of them  shared some common traits    

I am more inclined to think that no Thai woman could really enjoy life with any  foreigner who exhibits more than say 2 of the following common traits.  

1) They spoke no Thai whatsoever

2) They had no Thai friends at all

3) They regularly drank to excess

4)  The only Thai food they could eat was fried rice

5)  They treated their poor wives worse than dogs

How  many of the above traits apply to you?   I'm guessing just  4  as you would need to have  found one willing to marry you before the 5th one could apply

Mac listed 6… so I’ll list 7….  Just a fundamentally flawed human….  

7 hours ago, billd766 said:
7 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Come on say it as it is, no Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang. You and thousands like you are just an ATM, now she's got the house, car & the rest I doubt she'll give a toss 

Not all Thai wives are the same, despite barstool talk by losers

Toby just seems a dash bitter….   Guess he made poor choices & blames everyone else… plenty of those on this forum….   Plenty of normal decent folk too….  Fortunately… 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

A key reason I'd never buy a property in Thailand and just rent, aside from the fact rentals are very reasonable/plentiful and the lack of legal land ownership for foreigners.

Not worth the risk of being trapped by neighbours from hell with no recourse!

I agree with the first part, but if you were to buy a house in a nice village, most of the Thai's will be middle class, so very unlikely to have such issues with loud music. 

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Usually the loud music comes from Thais.

Don't understand how they got into a situation that ended in his death.

If you have seen "Jai Ron" in action - and both Thais & foreigners can possess it - it's sadly not hard. Hate & anger are extremely destructive and should be avoided as much as possible.

The lesson here is not to enrage others on purpose. For those saying "it's usually the Thais", well, it's a numbers game and they win it every time, don't they? Stop asking for a level playing field when that'll never happen. Yours is in your own country.

Journey in Peace to the deceased and a quick recovery to the injured.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Rule number one if you come live to Thailand;

Avoid Rent/buy houses with low class Thai neighbor.

Sound advice wherever one decides to live , not just applicable to Thailand

• Like 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

but how do you know so much about this?

are you a family therapist? 

Its a common occurrence by some people, one does not need to be "a family therapist" (whatever one of those is), to know such things. Its general knowledge

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Thai people like Thai music played loud, but have no tolerance whatsoever for loud westen music. Nobody will say anything when Thai music is too loud, but the complaints will come thick and fast if it is loud western music.

You musnt get out much.

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not all Thai wives are the same, despite barstool talk by losers.

quote "Come on say it as it is, no Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang. You and thousands like you are just an ATM, now she's got the house, car & the rest I doubt she'll give a toss.

I am telling it like it is.

My wife had the house in 2004 and I still live in it.

She also has the truck that we used to share because I don't drive any more.

She does care and looks after me through my illness.

She spends OUR money as I don't go out much anymore.

But of course that doesn't matter or make sense to you anyway.

• Like 2

Should have just dealt with it like my friend did: go there with a pair of snips and cut the cable.

Although, he did that to a massive boombox stage setup that had been blasting for several days to be heard from a kilometer away.