Thailand Post to Launch Full-Scale Digital Mailbox Service

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand Post has announced plans to launch a full-scale digital mailbox service called Prompt Post by the third quarter. The move is part of the company’s efforts to tap into the growing trend of electronic document handling and align with its Post Digital mission.

With Prompt Post, Thailand Post aims to offer comprehensive postal and logistics services while providing convenience to its customers. The platform ensures security through identity verification using the national ID card system, and it operates as a closed platform, distinguishing it from traditional email services.

The digital mailbox service functions similarly to sending regular letters but in an electronic format. Business-related registered letters require an electronic signature (e-signature) to ensure authenticity and prevent forgery.

This electronic document can be used as evidence in legal proceedings. Each letter sent through Prompt Post is time-stamped electronically (e-timestamping) to provide a clear record of the time of sending. Envelopes are closed using an electronic stamp (e-seal) as part of the process.

Thailand Post’s Prompt Post platform differentiates itself from email services by being a closed system. Senders must register and verify their identity through the Know Your Customer (KYC) process before sending messages. This feature enhances security and reduces the risk of spam or messages from unknown sources.

The digital mailbox facilitates the sending and storage of various documents, including ID cards, house registration copies, and other materials that can be converted to electronic formats. Thailand Post is currently in discussions with several government agencies to develop a pilot project for Prompt Post.

by Krajangwit Johjit

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230526111834936

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

With Prompt Post, Thailand Post aims to offer comprehensive postal and logistics services while providing convenience to its customers. The platform ensures security through identity verification using the national ID card system, and it operates as a closed platform, distinguishing it from traditional email services.

So, probably not going to be available to non-Thai citizens?

I'm still wondering exactly what this is and what it would be used for?

Will the post office be printing the mail on behalf of the customer and physically delivering it?

Edit: It appears to be some kind of email system.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, doctormann said:

Bummer, but add it to the long list of other things that non-Thai citizens can't do.

I just tried using Food Panda and was wanting to pay using my True Wallet account but Food Panda only allows Thais to use TW.......bummer as they now lost a prospective customer.

I'm not sure why they are setup that way. I have been using TW to pay for many things I've ordered off of Lazada.

6 hours ago, doctormann said:

Some non-thai folks have a Thai issued ID number. E.g. PR holders and some visa holders. The ID number these folks have is constructed on the same factors as a Thai citizen. 

Banks are now encouraged to use this ID number to identify foreigners rather than the foreginers original passport number. 

Surely that could be used.

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Some non-thai folks have a Thai issued ID number. E.g. PR holders and some visa holders. The ID number these folks have is constructed on the same factors as a Thai citizen. 

I am speculating that it's a very low percentage.