Bangkok to Celebrate Pride Month in June

snoop1130

4 hours ago, proton said:

Not really, I find the parades usually rather gross and offensive. They might have more support if they did not strut about in the street half dressed waving flags about with that look at me attitude.

well, here is my perspective from the peanut gallery.

sexual behavior is part of a bigger umbrella - eccentricity vs conservatism

they are flashing their eccentricity in your face to challenge your notion that being conservative is 'normal'.

to them, being eccentric is 'normal'.

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why are LGBs, etc. civil rights (that already exist) more of an issue than anyone else's so much so that they need global parades?

Pride month and Gay Pride Day parades started as a protest movement in the US related to the Stonewall Riots.

So this is a part of gay culture that has gone global.

Pride Month in no way signifies that civil rights for other groups are less important.

In fact this might be hard for you but if you care to think about it LGBT includes every kind of people that exist in the world.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Pride Month in no way signifies that civil rights for other groups are less important.

I didn't say that they do signify that but the fact that the parades exist suggests that those participating and supporting them are announcing that the parades make them more worthy of attention than any other groups who do not rub their inclinations in our faces, so to speak, by parading it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The history.

I will add that people should consider the Pride Month started in the US and irs become part of US culture for there to be days or months dedicated to almost anything you can imagine.

Such as Black History month.

I will also add that no group is a monolith. Just because there is a particular tradition doesn’t mean that everyone in that group participates in it or even approves of it.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't say that they do signify that but the fact that the parades exist suggests that those participating and supporting them are announcing that the parades make them more worthy of attention than any other groups who do not rub their inclinations in our faces, so to speak, by parading it!

No they don't!

You're being explicitly hostile.

That's your right but don't expect people not to notice.

Again.

Haters gonna hate.

Always will be so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1