Students Fatally Stab Each Other at Sisaket Province School

webfact

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

We never had teacher patrols when I was in grade 7, 8, 9 or 10 in UK. 

11 and 12 is sixth form. No teacher patrols there either.

Same here. But we had serial killers in the news, and I used to watch things like The Professionals and The Sweeney with my dad, and play "violent" computer games... and still never had the urge to stab and kill anyone! I've given a few kickings though, and taken a few, and even still talk to some of those guys with whom I had fist fights with in school if I ever bump into them. Things were different back then, I guess.

UPDATE:

Bullied Thai student fatally stabs 1 and injures 2 others at renowned school

by Nattapong Westwood

image.jpeg

Photo by Khaosod.

A secondary school student fatally stabbed a fellow student after an argument at a reputable school in Sri Rattana district in Thailand‘s northeast Sisaket province. Two other 14 year olds sustained serious injuries, Khaosod reported this morning. The incident led the Sisaket Provincial Governor, Samruay Kasemsuk, to urgently visit and aid the deceased student’s family, providing financial assistance and moral support.

According to testimonies, the accused attacker, a 14 year old boy, was regularly bullied by the group involved in the incident. The conflict escalated when, while trying to question their motives, he was attacked by the group and retaliated using a small knife, causing the death of a student and injuries to two others. The suspect has been charged with manslaughter, assault causing injury, and carrying a weapon in a public place. The school’s administrators and teachers have reportedly contributed 50,000 baht immediately to help the deceased student’s family with funeral expenses.

Sisaket Provincial Governor Samruay Kasemsuk has visited the family of the deceased student, accompanied by the Sisaket Scout Leader and Provincial Committee. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/bullied-student-fatally-stabs-classmate-and-injures-two-others-at-renowned-school

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

According to testimonies, the accused attacker, a 14 year old boy, was regularly bullied by the group involved in the incident.

The teachers should have been aware of this and need to show what actions they took, if any, to stop this from happening/escalating. Saying there were 'Hero's' after this tragedy is reactive not proactive and comes across as disingenuous.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Same here. But we had serial killers in the news, and I used to watch things like The Professionals and The Sweeney with my dad, and play "violent" computer games... and still never had the urge to stab and kill anyone! I've given a few kickings though, and taken a few, and even still talk to some of those guys with whom I had fist fights with in school if I ever bump into them. Things were different back then, I guess.

As with students today.

The majority are OK. There are no mass stabbings. Thailand is not a failed society.

There is a report about a couple of students who have gone off the rails and people assume all hell has broken loose and its doom and gloom.

As a side note, it would have been good to see a fight between Bodie and Doyle v Regan and Carter. What a cracker 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/30/2023 at 1:29 PM, ThailandRyan said:

So young and already so violent and quick to anger.  One only has to wonder who or how they learned such behavior.  Young kids watch so much violence on TV and then of course some of the shows, like games they play, those that die come back to life.

Its times like this i wish it was alcohol, drugs or mental illness as the "excuse" for such events........

But it appears not

Such a waste

10 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Bring back corporal punishment! Worked when I was a child, and it works really well for Singapore and Malaysia... The situation is getting out of control.

Teach kids not to inflict violence on other people by inflicting violence upon them ?

• Like 1

When I first read this story the question of bullying was my first thought.

In another thread people were wondering about the absence of teachers during break time ... 

It strikes me there could be a connection. 

10 hours ago, rbkk said:

The teachers should have been aware of this and need to show what actions they took, if any, to stop this from happening/escalating. Saying there were 'Hero's' after this tragedy is reactive not proactive and comes across as disingenuous.

Not in AseanNeverneverland. Here they want to bully the kid even more with corporal punishment and the like.

Later they'll wonder why he couldn't be brought back from the brink and integrated, winding up instead as a violent career criminal. Then they'll want to execute him.

Edited by BusyB

On 5/30/2023 at 4:03 AM, steven100 said:

teachers never had to come and watch over us in years 5,6,7-10 ....  during breaks.  We didn't carry pocket knives around and we certainly didn't stab anyone.

I and other students in schools back in the 1960's America, carried pocket knives in school.   
The only blood drawn, that I can remember, were by accident.  No malicious cuttings by knife.   

i was bullied as most of us kids in the 70s, you have to stand up for yourself and defend/inflict harm (punch up) to sort it out then your probly mates for ever, its just the way it was however stabbing is no way the answer