Trump vows to end birthright citizenship for children of unauthorized immigrants if he wins in 2024

Scott

Just now, Jingthing said:

I do hate Trump. Why would any decent American not hate Trump? 

But this isn't about that.

It's about promising to trash the constitution. 

Not OK. 

No it is about fixing a bad law. Bad laws should be fixed. People should not go travelling to have babies in order to get citizenship. It is wrong. Your bias is affecting your judgement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I do hate Trump. Why would any decent American not hate Trump? 

But this isn't about that.

It's about promising to trash the constitution. 

Not OK. 

People not allowed to think another way than you? You must be pretty confident you are on the moral high ground right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

He also has almost no knowledge of the Constitution. And no interest in acquiring it. Lacks even the most basic understanding of the role of the Executive Branch.

He  does not hesitate to make promises for things he then does not even attempt to do, in the case of promises aimed at his "Maga" base.

Conversely he is quite careful to deliver on promises made to the other 2 population segments that, together with the (for lack of a better word) "Maga" folks, are what he needs to be elected: the extreme social conservatives/Evanglicals and the extreme fiscal right 1%-ers.

This is because support from those 2 blocs is conditional. Quid pro quo, not based on being in any way enamored of (or deluded by) the Trump persona.

But the Maga crowd support is emotion-based and focused on what they perceive to be his persona which they emotionally identify with, and his emotional appeals to their resentments. Doesn't matter what he actually does or that nothing about their circumstances actually improves. (Can't possibly improve since these people are not wealthy, and he is completely beholden to the wealthy).

His famous statement about being able to stand on Fifth avenue shooting people and still getting elected, was true but only for the "Maga" group.

While he is indeed totally ignorant of the Constitution and many other things, he has shrewd political instincts and fully understand the above dynamic.

Exactly, it's just another smoke and mirrors tactic to fire up his increasingly rabid base. The cult of personality politics that dominates the GOP is a truly worrying phenomena that doesn't seem to be abating anytime soon. Trump plays it like a meastro, pitting poor against poor, white against non-whites, citizens against immigrants, christianity against other religions, all to appease the evangelicals and ultra conservatives. And all the whilst he's keeping his 1%er friends happy with tax cuts and 'deregulation' of business to the detriment of the populace and the envirnoment. 

It's the oldest trick in the political book; get the working man to blame the immigrants for all the problems in their life even though the country is run by billionaires and corporations. It always reminds me of the joke;

billionaire, worker and immigrant sitting at a table with 20 cookies. The billionaire takes 19 of them and turns to the worker and says ' watch out, the immigrant is going to take your cookie away!'

It's so obvious as to be laughable but it keeps working so I can't see him changing his tune any time soon.   

• Like 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

They are allowed. I never said they aren't allowed. 

Not healthy to let biases and hate people you don't know. Only unhappy people hate people as well so you are self harming. Hating people creates higher cortisol in your own body. It does nothing to them.

3 minutes ago, lextsy said:

People not allowed to think another way than you? You must be pretty confident you are on the moral high ground right?

Anti-Trump supremacist, brings Trump into every topic. It must be horrible letting someone stay in your head like that. 

He actually thinks ALL Trump voters are idiots, low IQ, racist, etc.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Exactly, it's just another smoke and mirrors tactic to fire up his increasingly rabid base. The cult of personality politics that dominates the GOP is a truly worrying phenomena that doesn't seem to be abating anytime soon. Trump plays it like a meastro, pitting poor against poor, white against non-whites, citizens against immigrants, christianity against other religions, all to appease the evangelicals and ultra conservatives. And all the whilst he's keeping his 1%er friends happy with tax cuts and 'deregulation' of business to the detriment of the populace and the envirnoment. 

It's the oldest trick in the political book; get the working man to blame the immigrants for all the problems in their life even though the country is run by billionaires and corporations. It always reminds me of the joke;

billionaire, worker and immigrant sitting at a table with 20 cookies. The billionaire takes 19 of them and turns to the worker and says ' watch out, the immigrant is going to take your cookie away!'

It's so obvious as to be laughable but it keeps working so I can't see him changing his tune any time soon.   

Elections are about votes not reality. All politicians lie to get votes. Pretty naive to think otherwise.

Trump isn't people.

He leads a messianic fascist cult movement that will destroy American democracy if he takes power again.

I hate him like I hate Putin and Mussolini. 

Does nothing to them. Only raises your cortisol levels.

Trump isn't people.

He leads a messianic fascist cult movement that will destroy American democracy if he takes power again.

No, he doesnt.  And no, it wont.  He simply lives in your head rent-free and has done so for many years. Be honest, he broke you in 2016 when he won the election.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lextsy said:

My Aussie wife and I had our child here and we are not eligible to get our son a thai passport. Racism is real people...

Birthright citizenship is pretty rare in the world. Not sure why you equate that to racism. 

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Birthright citizenship is pretty rare in the world. Not sure why you equate that to racism. 

Only allowed in about 30 countries I think- mostly in North and South America. Unheard of in Europe or Asia or Africa.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

It was a point to show the same system is in place all over the world and its become pretty obvious the hate is directed at trump only not really anything else.  Much like how people used to toot their horn about how elon musk was the bees knees and now hes a scumbag righty trump supporter..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, lextsy said:

So why the hate for one country and not the other countries law, Or does trump just trigger certain types of people?

Apparently you haven't read any of the Brexit threads ????????????

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm amazed this type of hatred is allowed on this forum. 

It's obviously also not true. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

Elections are about votes not reality. All politicians lie to get votes. Pretty naive to think otherwise.

And pretty cynical to think politicians shouldn't be held accountable for what they say or what they do. You (like many on here) are defending a man who was found guilty of defrauding his own charity. Come on, defend that one then? You want a man who stole money from veterans, needy children and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum to be POTUS.

The man is banned from running a charity but you think he's qualified to run a country. Explain my 'naivity' in thinking he's just a simple crook driven by a planet sized ego?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

And pretty cynical to think politicians shouldn't be held accountable for what they say or what they do.

Like fixing the climate? Or no child living in poverty? Or better education for all?

It is all just lies.

31 minutes ago, bignok said:

People should not go travelling to have babies in order to get citizenship. It is wrong. 

Are you suggesting it is somehow "morally wrong"? It certainly isn't legally wrong, and I see absolutely zero moral implications, so what is "wrong" with it?