Has anyone ever been to Bora Bora .... the beaches look quite stunning

I have never been to Bora Bora ....   the beaches look very stunning and clean ....    nice place to holiday but is there anything to do after the swimming, snorkeling and paddle boarding ?    could get boring ? 

image.png.1f22c64a4714b1dd9041607b50ea1339.png

image.png.de9046e2190e87a29e1ea64d07bbb039.png

image.png.6e0e8d8d4a16c0a8018911daf09eef19.png

image.png.b621f982f3fb12d58d1286c64e522e89.png

• Like 1

Never been. Slightly exceeds my budget ????

That the Euro is the official currency doesn't make it better.

A day on Bora Bora might be worth two weeks in Thailand.

Of course French Polynesia is a dream place. But it's more for the honeymooners. I would be bored quickly.

Extremely remote. Thousands of miles to anywhere.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I have been there. Better you do a tour of all the islands….Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea and Papeete. They are exceedingly beautiful but there’s not much to do. The critical factor is that water is in short supply because of its remote location, therefore ‘development’ , as we know it, cannot take place. But well worth the visit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mbolo said:

Better you do a tour of all the islands….Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea and Papeete.

You have 4 islands there, should be 3. Papeete is the capital city and located on the island of Tahiti. 

19 minutes ago, bignok said:

Sand is sand. All boring after 3 days. Just go to Ban Krut or Ao Manao. Easy, cheap. 

Thats funny, but so untrue. Weather, topography and culture is not at all the same.

All said its one of the most expensive places I have visited. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, marin said:

You have 4 islands there, should be 3. Papeete is the capital city and located on the island of Tahiti. 

Thats funny, but so untrue. Weather, topography and culture is not at all the same.

All said its one of the most expensive places I have visited. 

Sand culture? It is the stuff around the sand that may make it different. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Make sure you don't confuse nice pictures with reality.

This is a nice example of what is advertised and reality (at least at some time).

DSCF0524_1200.jpg

_106896982_thebeach.jpg

No, not on Bora Bora or any Tahiti island. It’s very quiet and expensive, no pollution, sparkling sea water ,  pricey , unless you don’t mind slumming it. There isn’t much entertainment. Certain hotels put on their own local shows, very beautiful. There is more on MOOREA and it’s more affordable. It’s only valid if you go to Tahiti for diving, snorkeling, photographie, island trips , everything water based as they have truly the most perfect white sand beaches and turquoise sea water where you can swim in heaven and study the stars . Nothing like Thailand or the pollution !  The closest I’ve got to Tahiti for stunning beaches is Boracay in the Philippines. I went 30 years ago so it was just gorgeous, but a few years back they had to close the island to tourists because of pollution, I don’t know what it’s like now. Palawan is lovely too, also for the water. Manila is a dangerous place for nights out. I think Fiji is the next best to Tahiti outside school holidays and monsoon periods. Take a look at hotel prices on booking.com for ideas of prices. 

4 hours ago, Haddo said:

I went to French Polynesia including Bora Bora for work - I was filming a TV feature there for Swiss TV at the end of 2015.

It is one of the most amazing places on earth (that I have been to yet) - such clear sea water, great hotels, and wildlife. 

I wasn't paying for it though, so that made a lot of difference. Had to fly Bangkok>Tokyo>Tahiti>Bora Bora so it's quite a journey. 

We also went to the Marquesas Islands, Tahiti and Tetiaro (Marlon Brando Island). 
Here's a link to the programme (although it's in German language)
The turtles and the salt production (and other bits) were on Bora Bora

I enjoyed your video.    Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, geisha said:

It’s only valid if you go to Tahiti for diving, snorkeling, photographie, island trips , everything water based as they have truly the most perfect white sand beaches and turquoise sea water where you can swim in heaven and study the stars

Sounds like the Maldives some time ago. I was there for 3 weeks. Beautiful!

This is how it looked at that time...

maldives_beach1_getty_levente_bodo_8jJGX

• Thumbs Up 1

Lipe and Kradan have nice beaches. Nai Yang on Phuket is nice. Ban Krut is nice. Ao Manao beach more plain but nice area. Ko Kood has great beaches. Chang good. Ko Wai and Maak good beaches. Klong Muang in Krabi is a nice beach.

Unless a foreign spot has great culture not sure why you would go if expensive.

21 hours ago, Mbolo said:

I have been there. Better you do a tour of all the islands….Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea and Papeete. They are exceedingly beautiful but there’s not much to do. The critical factor is that water is in short supply because of its remote location, therefore ‘development’ , as we know it, cannot take place. But well worth the visit. 

I have been there.......WoW ! YOU Must be VERY Wealthy.....

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Yes sorry,cause it really seems nice. Only thing for me is that I completely and utterly dislike the french language and the people that refuse to learn english... Do they speak english on Bora Bora??

You'll Have to Go & Find Out Yerself.....I CANNOT Afford too !!