New menu

Celsius

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

I guess it's back to happy meal for me.

If you are talking about McDonald's I suggest you use there mobile app. 

The app has plenty of coupons and offers to apply during checkout. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

What bugs me is when they are too

lazy to change the menu, but just

put stickers over the old prices.

Not exactly a bad thing, as cuts their overhead, helping to keep the new prices a bit lower, since not having to order new menus every 6 months.  

Not like they can be recycled ... save the planet & all ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Prices change just like everywhere else in the world.  Businesses can’t keep operational unless they make a profit. 

So true and many cheap Charlies think that paying 80 baht for a large Leo/Chang is too much and the price should be the same as  Mama & Papa shops or 7-11 .  Then they are  the places to go for them and sit on the pavment to eat their microwaved food and drink their cans . If a bar/restaurant is of decent decor , serves decent food and drink using employed staff , then I expect to pay for the service .  As an example , last month my ladys restaurant electric bill was 10700 baht + gas , ice & smaller day to day overheads, finally last but not lease are the excellent staff . 

So you are sooo right , Businesses can’t keep operational unless they make a profit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, superal said:

So true and many cheap Charlies think that paying 80 baht for a large Leo/Chang is too much and the price should be the same as  Mama & Papa shops or 7-11

I see this comment a lot. A Cheap Charlie. Thank god I do not drink alcohol or Mama noodles, so I can hopefully be spared from this label.

It is a funny comment because the massive amount of Cheap Charlies in Thailand are in fact Thai people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I just hate everything that have coupons, buy three pay for two, f sake, I just cant stand shops like that

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I just hate everything that have coupons, buy three pay for two, f sake, I just cant stand shops like that

You must be really hungry in Thailand. 5 minutes to check out one person at the supermarket after scanning all the food. Once they input their rewards number, collect the coupons, scan the payment with the app that crashed, the barcode that does not match the discount, you would have already finished your meal at McDonald's.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Not exactly a bad thing, as cuts their overhead, helping to keep the new prices a bit lower, since not having to order new menus every 6 months.  

Not like they can be recycled ... save the planet & all ????

Love the places which bring to an iPad/tablet, and you just click on what you want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

You must be really hungry in Thailand. 5 minutes to check out one person at the supermarket after scanning all the food. Once they input their rewards number, collect the coupons, scan the payment with the app that crashed, the barcode that does not match the discount, you would have already finished your meal at McDonald's.

Cant stand MC Donalds eitehr ???? Any fast food shop to, 

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I see this comment a lot. A Cheap Charlie. Thank god I do not drink alcohol or Mama noodles, so I can hopefully be spared from this label.

It is a funny comment because the massive amount of Cheap Charlies in Thailand are in fact Thai people.

I believe you misunderstood the orign of a Cheap Charlie, and it is not ment for locals, but people who actually can pay the price, avoid it for any price, even pay for sexual services they have got, and they underpay the girls

• Like 1

I love it when you order from a menu and when the bill comes its higher and they just say new price. Yes, I push back but they don't seem to get a menu is an implied contract.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

Anyway raising the price 5-10% is normal. 40% is stupid.

I don't think this is going to sit well with their Thai customers who are actually really cheap. My biggest peeve with this is that the restaurant will be gone and it will be one less place to eat in my vicinity.

I started eating there long time ago because they used to make a really great Tom Kha Gai, but 4 years ago they completely stopped offering it. My guess is that because it was 4 times the price Thais were willing to pay. Most of their menus are traditional Thai dishes that are just a bit Westernized. Interestingly enough, they did not raise the prices of drinks even 1 baht.

We use village marked and Makro for our shopping as well Tops, and never care about sales or coupons, unless there is bigger hardware we actually need or plan to use. 

Edited by Pink Mist
Replied to post removed
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I believe you misunderstood the orign of a Cheap Charlie, and it is not ment for locals, but people who actually can pay the price, avoid it for any price, even pay for sexual services they have got, and they underpay the girls

my left hand is my Gik...my right is my sideline, when im feeling naughty :).......

On 6/3/2023 at 2:22 PM, Celsius said:

Sorry to disagree with you , when you say the majority of cheap Charlies are Thai people . The majority of Thai people have no choice other than to buy in the cheapest shops and restaurants . Because they are mostly low paid and every satang counts ,leaving them with one choice only i.e. markets , the cheapest restaurant / Chinese kitchen and street food . 

Western guys are mostly capable of living a reasonable life style in Thailand but there are some ( I know a few who are financially well off ) who will go out of their way to save small money and they are cheap Charlies . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 11:38 AM, MrJ2U said:

McDonalds is expensive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:37 PM, Jingthing said:

I love it when you order from a menu and when the bill comes its higher and they just say new price. Yes, I push back but they don't seem to get a menu is an implied contract.

Never happened to me.

On 6/3/2023 at 2:24 PM, Hummin said:

They will gladly sell you at the normal price if you tell them "no coupons for me"

38 minutes ago, gearbox said:

They will gladly sell you at the normal price if you tell them "no coupons for me"

The nice confused emotions I get for this statement shows there is someone who really gets the whole point by coupons, which I find annoying and time wasting together with many other things we do to get cheaper things, but really pays for anyway somehow. 

And yes, I do not collect stamps, coupons, buy three packages when I only need one, and if I can, I avvoid shops alike if I can, and prefer to use shops with bonus points or general discounts if any!

We have a tendency to get tied up in stupid things like this everywhere we go, leaving our social media (I do not), our phone number (I do not) or our email, (I do not)

If you happy to jump on the discount train, go for it, and spend your time saving a few dimes if you have the time and willing to do so. 

But if my pention was 1000 euro a month, I might had to do,  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:30 PM, Hummin said:

The nice confused emotions I get for this statement shows there is someone who really gets the whole point by coupons, which I find annoying and time wasting together with many other things we do to get cheaper things, but really pays for anyway somehow. 

And yes, I do not collect stamps, coupons, buy three packages when I only need one, and if I can, I avvoid shops alike if I can, and prefer to use shops with bonus points or general discounts if any!

We have a tendency to get tied up in stupid things like this everywhere we go, leaving our social media (I do not), our phone number (I do not) or our email, (I do not)

If you happy to jump on the discount train, go for it, and spend your time saving a few dimes if you have the time and willing to do so. 

But if my pention was 1000 euro a month, I might had to do,  

I get your point and kind of agree.  However, the McDonalds app is pretty good and it's nice to get a bargain sometimes, even if you can afford full price anyway.