NoN-O for wife (both not Thai)

Hello,

We are both non thais and I just got my new 1 y extension (changed job) and new work permit from a BOI company (not smart visa, extension based on work permit - digital work permit). All were issued by the One Stop Service Counter (OSSC) next to Mitrtown.

The company is not very helpful to help with my wife issue (we are legally married with an english certificate).

For what I understand, we can manage everything ourselves. Do you confirm?

- Ask a NoN-O overseas (eligible to e-visa) 90 days one entry based on my extension of stay (1 year) and work permit (PDF of the digital permit) based on our marriage certificate

- When in Thailand, ask an extension based on more or less the same documents (but does it have to be done at the OSSC?

Thanks for the help

Edited by t852

This won't be of much help but here go,s

Your non Thai wife can piggyback on your extension based on being your dependant.

The important thing being that she needs to enter on that non O dependant.

Cannot enter visa exempt or tourist visa and convert to non O 

It is doable yourselves. Your wife will need to be outside Thailand for the application for the Non O; otherwise its legality will be questionable.

I would imagine the 12-month extension (piggy backing off yours) would be done at the OSSC.

Don't try to get the Non O for your wife in Vientiane Laos. They denied the Non O visa and gave my wife a tourist visa only. I hear Savannaket might be more amenable to issue but I think it is better to call in advance and enquire if they will issue the Non O visa for dependant wife. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Thaddee said:

Don't try to get the Non O for your wife in Vientiane Laos. They denied the Non O visa and gave my wife a tourist visa only. I hear Savannaket might be more amenable to issue but I think it is better to call in advance and enquire if they will issue the Non O visa for dependant wife. Good luck.

What supporting documentation did you supply together with the application for a Non O for a dependant wife? It was some years ago, but I am almost sure I recall Vientiane supplying this in the past.

The wife will ask it directly at the Thai consulate in Hong Kong (she is HK Chinese) - we can even apply for it online (e-thai visa). For the paperwork, it seems to be copy of the DWP, copy of my extension of stay and marriage certificate (from HK so all documents well known by the Thai consulate there).

Edited by t852