I need nice looking bracket covers for my Somfy motorized rolling blinds

Sambora

Hello everybody,

I've been renovating my condo over the last couple of months and got Somfy motorized rolling blinds installed in my living room and study, however, there was unfortunately a miscommunication with the supplier as they thought the blinds would be mounted behind a recessed ceiling when they are actually drilled into the concrete ceiling (I do not have lowered ceilings). That now leaves me with exposed brackets which do not look nice (see attached picture).

IMG_5235.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg

All I would need is to have nice looking bracket cover, either in white or some kind of brushed metal, similar to what we have here:

d00f991b91c1a2514e7e4917284d8b2f.jpg.19f2562465befb81b9a8bce8747cd04c.jpg

The thing is, I have no idea where to find a company that accepts such a small job. The supplier who sold me the blinds does not provide those as they're usually behind a recessed ceiling. 

Any ideas or feedback would be highly appreciated!

Edited by Sambora

3 hours ago, Sambora said:

The thing is, I have no idea where to find a company that accepts such a small job. The supplier who sold me the blinds does not provide those as they're usually behind a recessed ceiling. 

Try Wood Street. They have a lot more than wood.

This is one of the shops in that street. You should be able to find what you are looking for.

image.thumb.jpeg.f11ba3c387c372c28d502965483e85c2.jpeg

Edit: one more big shop in that street:

235518296_ThaiFittingHome-IMG_20230308_143317.thumb.jpg.7feb6d6f652f1e4ea624b0be621b22c4.jpg

Edited by OneMoreFarang
add a 2nd picture

3 hours ago, Sambora said:

Somfy motorized rolling blinds

If I might ask, why did you decided to buy this brand and model?

I also have to buy something similar. Until now I didn't research any options.

For me the uncovered version which you have would work. In my case they are hidden.

Thanks

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For me the uncovered version which you have would work. In my case they are hidden.

Thanks

I'm also looking and found these, they're a bit spendy but give 100% blackout of that's something you need as they have a cassette all around the window frame which also covers all the gubbins

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.QYJNw

2 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Can't the original supplier provide the enclosure?

Didn’t you bother to read the post?

5 hours ago, Sambora said:

The supplier who sold me the blinds does not provide those as they're usually behind a recessed ceiling. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

Have you looked at the IKEA blinds? I have the FYRTUR they are good for me as they shut at night and roll up at 6:30

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

Apple HomeKit integration is a must for me, and it's either Somfy or Lutron where Lutron is considerably more expensive.

27 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Have you looked at the IKEA blinds? I have the FYRTUR they are good for me as they shut at night and roll up at 6:30

He already has new blinds, all fitted.

Edited by scorecard

Use a board, drywall or cement board 6”

or 8” wide with the edge attached to the ceiling a bit in front of the blind.  So the board hangs down covering the blind. You could run it all the way along the wall or just over the blinds with caps closing the ends. Simple brackets would attach it to the ceiling.

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Use a board, drywall or cement board 6”

or 8” wide with the edge attached to the ceiling a bit in front of the blind.  So the board hangs down covering the blind. You could run it all the way along the wall or just over the blinds with caps closing the ends. Simple brackets would attach it to the ceiling.

That is almost how my illustrated covers (pictured above) are fitted, though I used MDF and plywood, this made fitting the blinds easier as only wood screws were needed.

I didn’t bother to cover the IKEA blind IMG_5506.thumb.jpeg.41c8549104575029ea473911e2d94bd1.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is almost how my illustrated covers (pictured above) are fitted, though I used MDF and plywood, this made fitting the blinds easier as only wood screws were needed.

I didn’t bother to cover the IKEA blind IMG_5506.thumb.jpeg.41c8549104575029ea473911e2d94bd1.jpeg

Yes, something like that would be perfectly fine. But I need to retrofit now and get things custom made, so that’s always a bit trickier.

Actually, even finding a supplier in general who sells Somfy motorized rolling blinds in a full enclosure/cassette is a huge challenge. I spoke to the bigger companies like Ocean New Line, Ultra Screen Company etc. and none of them offers this as these blinds are usually always hidden behind a recessed/lower ceiling, so they don’t bother about things like nice looking covers etc

There are solutions available outside Thailand but ideally I want to avoid that… not for cost reasons but just if something isn’t quite fitting then it’s a huge hassle to get things changed

Edited by Sambora

11 hours ago, Sambora said:

Yes, something like that would be perfectly fine. But I need to retrofit now and get things custom made, so that’s always a bit trickier.

The blind covers are incredibly simple, just an inverted L shape, any one with an ounce of skill can make one in half an hour. Just paint and screw them to the ceiling.