second hand books

madmac1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Wish there were used bookshops around. Have not found one in Pattaya so far. I don’t think people like reading here much.

They all closed down, 2020 i bought a lot of used books, about 10k
5 baht a pop, from guy who cleared out the bookshops that closed
he had tonnes he had no space for
i used them for soundproofing a room
but just sold that house, books n all

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, madmac1 said:

Does anyone know of a place in Pattaya that will buy second hand books.

Caterbury Tales used to but not sure they still do. You would need to go and ask.

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Wish there were used bookshops around. Have not found one in Pattaya so far. I don’t think people like reading here much.

Why buy when there are thousands to download free on the internet?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, madmac1 said:

Does anyone know of a place in Pattaya that will buy second hand books.

Having a clear out to create space so not interested in book exchanges or credit to buy other books.

A lot depends on what kind of books they are. If they are paperback novels they are almost worthless.

Non fiction might find a buyer but even then you won't get much. Your best bet would be to find a ' Dalat nat ' rent a pitch and sell them yourself along with anything else you want to get rid of.

19 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Many years ago we had a couple of them..... one upstairs in The Tops Mall on Klang/2nd, another up Buakhao somewhere near where Nicky's is now. There has always been Canterbury Tales as long as I can remember. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Many years ago we had a couple of them..... one upstairs in The Tops Mall on Klang/2nd, another up Buakhao somewhere near where Nicky's is now. There has always been Canterbury Tales as long as I can remember. 

There was also one in that strange parade of shops where Terminal 21 is now......quite a long time ago.

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Chiang Mai has a really good one. CM attracts people who care about things other than nightlife.

I've always used Canterbury Tales in Pattaya which has a huge selection and has been around for years, added advantage I can read my books by the condo pool all year round without the need for breathing apparatus. 

6 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I've always used Canterbury Tales in Pattaya which has a huge selection and has been around for years, added advantage I can read my books by the condo pool all year round without the need for breathing apparatus. 

Yep, this the book store I'm talking about.

Edited by JoseThailand

Why sell them ? They’d only bring in a few Baht. Suggest condo reception or pubs etc where foreigner hang out. My condo had a huge selection , well looked  after and tidy. Hotels usually have free books too.,

3 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Yep, this the book store I'm taking about.

Yes but as TOPT mentioned above it relocated from its original location on Soi Pothole to Soi Bongkot last year. The advantage for me is there is easy parking in front of the Mini Mart just before the new shop/container.

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Chiang Mai has a really good one. CM attracts people who care about things other than nightlife.

Chiang Mai isn't in Pattaya...... CM attracts people who like to read about Pattaya for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1