Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland's ex-first minister in custody after being arrested in connection with SNP investigation

onthedarkside

image.png.8697e47ac1a3f2ea1c2fa273e84af1c6.png

Nicola Sturgeon is in custody after being arrested in connection with the investigation into the Scottish National Party's finances.

Scotland's former first minister and ex-SNP leader was detained as a suspect and is currently being questioned by detectives.

Ms Sturgeon's husband, the party's former chief executive Peter Murrell, was previously arrested as part of the probe along with ex-treasurer Colin Beattie. Both men were subsequently released without charge pending further inquiries.

READ MORE

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-sturgeon-in-custody-after-being-arrested-in-connection-with-snp-investigation-police-say-12900436

image.png.dca57bd43fe9a0f2ef96d3708c17128f.png

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Was she and hubby saving up for a personal contingency plan just in case their push for independence worked? ????????????

Maybe, we're going to find out.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If she is suspected of criminal activity then due process should be followed.

Good to see Police Scotland take positive action when faced with unanswered questions. If only the Met took the same line against Tory party criminality, Johnson, Hancock, Mone and so many others would be banged up already.  

Please, do elaborate.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATE: Nicola Sturgeon calls arrest a 'shock and deeply distressing' after release without charge

After she was released Ms Sturgeon said in a statement: "To find myself in the situation I did today when I am certain I have committed no offence is both a shock and deeply distressing.

"I know that this ongoing investigation is difficult for people, and I am grateful that so many continue to show faith in me and appreciate that I would never do anything to harm either the SNP or the country.

"Obviously, given the nature of this process, I cannot go into detail. However, I do wish to say this, and to do so in the strongest possible terms.

READ MORE

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-sturgeon-in-custody-after-being-arrested-in-connection-with-snp-investigation-police-say-12900436

image.png.dca57bd43fe9a0f2ef96d3708c17128f.png

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Try to be more descriptive - maybe make a list of specific things, for example?

It would take too long!

It is easier to list her good qualities; NIL!

She is not nicknamed "Wee Burney" and  "Toytown Tartanista" for nothing.

Nicola Sturgeon compared to Rab C Nesbitt's 'malevolent' son in explosive Richard Littlejohn column - Scottish Daily Express

Edited by scottiejohn
link added
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Try to be more descriptive - maybe make a list of specific things, for example?

The childish way she pretends to not remember anything when being questioned for starters.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1