Re-entry Permit At Airport

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Got a friend having to make an unexpected return to UK due to a death in the family. 3 weeks ago, he got a 3 month B' visa from Laos, Can he get a re-entry stamp at the airport still? 

Yes.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A cautionary word for those who, like me, are aged 70+ and/or disabled, though: the priority lanes which we are entitled to use only seem to take us to Zones 1 or 3 and not to Zone 2 where, as already said, the re-entry permit office is located. That's certainly how it appeared to me when I flew out from BKK to Europe on 16 June (having fortunately already obtained a re-entry permit at my local immigration office).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OJAS said:

the priority lanes which we are entitled to use only seem to take us to Zones 1 or 3 and not to Zone 2 where, as already said, the re-entry permit office is located.

That's correct however you can still use priority lane and walk back to zone 2 and access the reentry permit office.

Sounds crazy since you are airside however many have reported that they did exactly that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct however you can still use priority lane and walk back to zone 2 and access the reentry permit office.

Sounds crazy since you are airside however many have reported that they did exactly that.

Would that still be possible if you were being pushed in a wheelchair which you had booked at the airport (as opposed to walking), though? How amenable would the BKK wheelchair pushers be to doing this?

Edited by OJAS

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Would that still be possible if you were being pushed in a wheelchair which you had booked at the airport (as opposed to walking), though? How amenable would the BKK wheelchair pushers be to doing this?

The reports I was referring to were folk with fast track access.

No wheelchair situations were mentioned.

23 minutes ago, david_je said:

How much time should I allot to getting re-entry at Suvarnabhumi?

You can only get it in Zone 2 after going through security, and cannot do so before security, correct?

Thank you.

As @DrJack54 wrote:

The reentry permit office is located Zone 2 after security check and PRIOR to passport control.

BKK offer 200b service fee and that includes filling in TM8 including photo. 

Or print out a TM8 and have it filled in ready to hand over.

3800b multi and 1000b single reentry. 

It's quick and efficient. 

The Re-Entry Permit desk and office are located in Zone 2 - International departures, after security check and in the hall for Passport control (when entering the hall it's at the far left).

Last time I got my Re-Entry Permit at Suvarnabhumi (October 2022) there were 2 people before me, and it took approx 10 minutes.  Quick and easy.

I made use of the small desk that charges 200,- THB for filling in the required form for you and taking your picture, so you only need to bring your passport.  Beware that they only accept cash, so you need to bring 1.200,- THB (or 1.000,- THB if you don't make use of that service and go straight to the office with the form you filled-in yourself and a pass-photo).

Edited by Red Phoenix

12 hours ago, david_je said:

How much time should I allot to getting re-entry at Suvarnabhumi?

You can only get it in Zone 2 after going through security, and cannot do so before security, correct?

Thank you.

Allow an extra 20 minutes, though it will usually take less.