SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, brianthainess said:

Utter nonsense you do NOT Get or can have an ATM card, with an SCB Easynet account or a standard bank book that can be updated via an ATM. 

You have to already have an account with a bank book and ATM card to register for SCB Easynet. It's just a different channel for accessing your funds. In that sense, the function is similar to an ATM. You don't have an ATM account. You have an account that comes with an ATM card.

That said, bank books would seem to be useless now. Before, they were a way or recording every transaction that you made but now people are making so many small transactions via debit cards, QR codes, prompt pay, etc. that bank books can't accomodate them.  So instead all the transactions that occurred prior to the last time you updated your passbook get consolidated into one lump sum. If you want to know your transaction history, you have to access the app. I predict bank books will be the next to fall.

3 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

I have spoken to SCB   most of my funds will be in another thai bank for use for transfers  and international use with full internet banking and SCB can be  for local use ,,....Apparently SCB easy will still work online for checking balances, statements and DD    but no possibililty of transfers or payment online , that has to be all done on Phone app .

Ah.... I read your post after posting my previous one.

To be clear, are you saying (or is SCB saying) that one will still be able to:

a) Send money TO SCB via Wise (approx 150,000 Baht at a time)?

b) Log on to SCB EasyNet to look at the balance?

Those are the only things I use my EasyNet access for as I withdraw the money as I need it in Thailand either via ATM or OTC

@liddelljohn If you have a useful contact in SCB and have occasion to speak to them again, would it be possible to ask the above please? :wai:

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Thanks for posting that. I was considering "refitting" my Thai SIM to use in my tablet to try and get the App working here in the UK. I think perhaps i might just forget about SCB for now.

Yes that was lesson to all reading if its not absolutely necessary wait until you're in Thailand to attempt any change just in case the proverbial hits the fan

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, VBF said:

Ah.... I read your post after posting my previous one.

To be clear, are you saying (or is SCB saying) that one will still be able to:

a) Send money TO SCB via Wise (approx 150,000 Baht at a time)?

b) Log on to SCB EasyNet to look at the balance?

Those are the only things I use my EasyNet access for as I withdraw the money as I need it in Thailand either via ATM or OTC

@liddelljohn If you have a useful contact in SCB and have occasion to speak to them again, would it be possible to ask the above please? :wai:

Well thats what they told me  but I reckon we will find out for sure in July

• Thanks 1

SCB really are difficult to deal with. In brief

I managed to get my True Sim refitted into a new phone after cutting it. I had literally given up last week as per another thread but suddenly it decides its going to connect and we're away....activate balance check and all good.....send short code to advance validity for 6 months for 12 baht and it goes through normally...right result as it was literally the 11th July it was being terminated from service

As it was the registered number for SCB I'm thinking geddon......I send a short code which activates roaming. (It may already have been activated from the past but nonetheless SMS comes through confirming it)

SCB had already declined to tell me account balance via their call centre. The Debit card had been changed to a 6 digit code and need to go into a branch to update so no option to pop in into a UK ATM to see if it would display the balance anyway

App is on new phone. As there are no other active apps pulling data I activate roaming no problem

Open app filling in old Passport number DOB and confirm UK national

App clearly finds me and offers up "send OTP to this number" (last 4 digits displayed)

Click on yes and wait.....20 seconds later it come through. Thinking right result lol

Enter the 6 digit code into App it updates and reverts to log in page identical to old app on other phone asking for the 6 digit code of which I use one of my kids DOB

Thinking finally am there lol

Nope....."we are unable to process your request at this time"  ????

Now it was outside of Thai banking hours and I notice on several threads people have said wait until they are open normally  ??

Hopefully it opens up normally Monday morning lol

Edited by Chivas

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

I managed to get my True Sim refitted into a new phone after cutting it. I had literally given up last week as per another thread but suddenly it decides its going to connect and we're away....activate balance check and all good.....send short code to advance validity for 6 months for 12 baht and it goes through normally...right result as it was literally the 11th July it was being terminated from service

As it was the registered number for SCB I'm thinking geddon......I send a short code which activates roaming. (It may already have been activated from the past but nonetheless SMS comes through confirming it)

SCB had already declined to tell me account balance via their call centre. The Debit card had been changed to a 6 digit code and need to go into a branch to update so no option to pop in into a UK ATM to see if it would display the balance anyway

App is on new phone. As there are no other active apps pulling data I activate roaming no problem

App clearly finds me and offers up "send OTP to this number" (last 4 digits displayed)

Click on yes and wait.....20 seconds later it come through. Thinking right result lol

Enter the 6 digit code into App it updates and reverts to log in page identical to old app on other phone asking for the 6 digit code of which I use one of my kids DOB

Now it was outside of Thai banking hours and I notice on several threads people have said wait until they are open normally  ??

As discussed above, I was also thinking of cutting and refitting my SIM into my tablet. But even if that's successful I've still got to put the SIM back into the Thai  phone (with a SIM adapter kit) after I've got the App working, and hope that I can use WiFi to continue using the App. 

Of course another hitch might be that my Thai phone account is set to DISABLE Data completely as, when in Thailand I only use that phone for speech and SMS - I use my tablet or UK phone on WiFi for anything requiring data.

I shall be looking to see if you're successful @Chivas and, if you are, once registered, could you perhaps THEN try the App on WiFi only (i.e. turn 4G off on the phone)?

Edited by VBF

28 minutes ago, VBF said:

As discussed above, I was also thinking of cutting and refitting my SIM into my tablet. But even if that's successful I've still got to put the SIM back into the Thai  phone (with a SIM adapter kit) after I've got the App working, and hope that I can use WiFi to continue using the App. 

Of course another hitch might be that my Thai phone account is set to DISABLE Data completely as, when in Thailand I only use that phone for speech and SMS - I use my tablet or UK phone on WiFi for anything requiring data.

I shall be looking to see if you're successful @Chivas and, if you are, once registered, could you perhaps THEN try the App on WiFi only (i.e. turn 4G off on the phone)?

Yes no problem will keep you updated. Will re attempt Monday morning around 6am UK time

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, VBF said:

once registered, could you perhaps THEN try the App on WiFi only (i.e. turn 4G off on the phone)?

Not sure if it helps as I am in Thailand but in theory the principal should be the same.

Registered Scb Easy on my new non-rooted phone a few days ago. Removed my sim and put it back in my rooted daily driver phone.

A day later used my new phone without any sim in it but connected to wi fi and have successfully made 4/5 transfers.........

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@VBF

Annoyingly that hasnt worked again around 11.30am Thai time

The message was slightly different from before in that it added try again later so will give it couple hours

Right pain in the backside

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

@VBF

Annoyingly that hasnt worked again around 11.30am Thai time

The message was slightly different from before in that it added try again later so will give it couple hours

Right pain in the backside

Can you use the SCB Easy Net online banking for now? They aren't shutting it down until the 14th.

What with banks going to app only banking and the government pushing digital baht, it looks like the public's control of their own money will soon be taken away.

39 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Can you use the SCB Easy Net online banking for now? They aren't shutting it down until the 14th.

What with banks going to app only banking and the government pushing digital baht, it looks like the public's control of their own money will soon be taken away.

Unfortunately not lol

On the day I thought sod this for a game of soldiers they withdrew the service for desktops for new applications !

I had an apology via call centre email

Someone subsequently then screenshotted the same

I've just tried again using Thai Sim via roaming re the app and its just not working. I'll call it a day and wait till I get to Thailand I just wanted to double check all transfers had landed normally in the account... Am 99.9% they will have done but TIT lol

50 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Unfortunately not lol

On the day I thought sod this for a game of soldiers they withdrew the service for desktops for new applications !

I had an apology via call centre email

Someone subsequently then screenshotted the same

I've just tried again using Thai Sim via roaming re the app and its just not working. I'll call it a day and wait till I get to Thailand I just wanted to double check all transfers had landed normally in the account... Am 99.9% they will have done but TIT lol

Thanks for the updates @Chivas. I think I'll also abandon attempts as I said above.  HOPEFULLY what @liddelljohn said a few posts ago will come to pass.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, topt said:

Not sure if it helps as I am in Thailand but in theory the principal should be the same.

Registered Scb Easy on my new non-rooted phone a few days ago. Removed my sim and put it back in my rooted daily driver phone.

A day later used my new phone without any sim in it but connected to wi fi and have successfully made 4/5 transfers.........

From what others have said, it appears that the key here is that you're in Thailand. I always thought the whole purpose of the World Wide Web was to allow access from anywhere. Apparently, SCB disagree ????

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

From what others have said, it appears that the key here is that you're in Thailand. I always thought the whole purpose of the World Wide Web was to allow access from anywhere. Apparently, SCB disagree ????

Yep am pretty sure that get into arrivals open the app and it will normally !

On 7/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, Chivas said:

As clear as mud, ain't it.  We ❤️ your money but we detest you - farang.  TIT.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/3/2023 at 11:59 AM, phetphet said:

Wait until the day when Thai Buddhism and the very open giving of money in "Money-Trees" meets the government who outlaws cash.  Money-Trees are outlawed and Thai society has a very negative cultural reaction.  Money-Trees are part-and-parcel of the Thai religion as well as Thai culture. 

"You commoners will get over it.  Put a QR code on a stick plebs and suck it!"
Ok. 

702143385_Screenshotfrom2023-07-0916-13-27.png.1d8506eb9f37876469953b7c95092b31.png

43 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Yea! Same here :sad:

Got to find some way to check my balances without going to the bank every time :annoyed:

With SCB you are going to have to have a smart phone (minimum Android 8 at the moment....) with their app installed - or use a local ATM.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, topt said:

With SCB you are going to have to have a smart phone (minimum Android 8 at the moment....) with their app installed - or use a local ATM.

Ok, here we are after the scb ''screw you' deadline. this has been my experience today, (as I need to send money to my electrician, asap): my mobile is a Huawei Pro30. OS is an android skin called EMUI. I have the scb EASY app. I can log in, using my PIN. when i go to 'transfers' i get an error message '' you do not eligible bank account to do transaction. next: please add an eligible account' then no further instructions. has anyone worked their way  through this minefield?  I'll wait for any advice, then I'll call the 777 number. if i do resolve this, i will post an update. tia.

Edited by paddypower
spell

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

Ok, here we are after the scb ''screw you' deadline. this has been my experience today, (as I need to send money to my electrician, asap): my mobile is a Huawei Pro30. OS is an android skin called EMUI. I have the scb EASY app. I can log in, using my PIN. when i go to 'transfers' i get an error message '' you do not eligible bank account to do transaction. next: please add an eligible account' then no further instructions. has anyone worked their way  through this minefield?  I'll wait for any advice, then I'll call the 777 number. if i do resolve this, i will post an update. tia.

Sorry to hear that.

I have just made a small transfer to another person I had set up prior. Fortunately had no problem. 

If you were previously able to transfer from that account with Easy Net there should be no reason I can think of why it fails with the App. I can only suggest double checking all the account details on both sides and if no joy ring the helpline.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paddypower said:

update; scb support's automatic answering system says ''facial recognition is now required to operate scb EASY app. bring your identification to the bank'' .

22 minutes ago, paddypower said:

update; scb support's automatic answering system says ''facial recognition is now required to operate scb EASY app. bring your identification to the bank'' .

Is that for ANY amount or just payments over 50K Baht?

(FYI - I also get the message that @topt reported above when I try to log into SCB Easy.)

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Yea! Same here :sad:

Got to find some way to check my balances without going to the bank every time :annoyed:

If you do, please let us know... sadly, I cannot think of one ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VBF said:

Is that for ANY amount or just payments over 50K Baht?

(FYI - I also get the message that @topt reported above when I try to log into SCB Easy.)

as I understand it, the PC/Ipad app is gone. Dead like a Norwegian Blue parrot. to register the app on your mobile, download scb EASY - but - you'll have to go to the bank with your passport to get facial recognition registered. They should have called it ''farcical recognition'', if you ask me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

but - you'll have to go to the bank with your passport to get facial recognition registered. They should have called it ''farcical recognition'', if you ask me. 

As far as I know this is only for transfers over 50k baht?

If you were asking me earlier then no I haven't enabled it. In fact as far as I am aware foreigners currently cannot and have to sign the "waiver" if you want to transfer more than 50k baht.. 

However as far as I know this does not affect transfers below 50k baht - certainly didn't for me earlier.

• Thumbs Up 2