SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

would appreciate feedback on the following

Have accounts at BkBk, current account as Baht currency and also have USD currency account both with online banking, I needed to transfer OUTside Thailand USD currency, accessed my online USD currency account and much to my surprise CAN NOT transfer USD out, thus went  my branch and asked why can not do wire transfer in USD as I have the money sitting on my account, answer, you can transfer USD to your BAHT account and then from Baht account transfer to OUTSide in the currency you want or you can do it at the counter and the charge is 1,500 Baht per transaction.

Meaning I transfer/sell USD to my  Bath account and then use the same Baht account to buy back my USD and can transfer out to any country you want. Requested to see manager on site,  and the lady provided same answer as the counter person, I asked her why should I have to buy USD since I already have USD she couldn't provide logical convincing answer.

Anybody knows a away around this or is it the common / standard way with other banks as well as I thought my USD were mine and could do with them as I pleased, it appears that's not the case, the USD belong to Bangkok Bank and I can not do what I want

On 7/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, paddypower said:

but - you'll have to go to the bank with your passport to get facial recognition registered. They should have called it ''farcical recognition'', if you ask me. 

Which is currently "not available for foreigners" with SCB, I wasted a couple of hours finding that out in our local branch ???? 

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Anybody knows a away around this or is it the common / standard way . . . .

I've read of this before so sounds like this is the common way, but you're issue is nothing to do with SCB ending internet banking which is what this thread is about so you might be better asking it elsewhere.

The one way to sort this (as I was told via the call centre) was basically plonk your backside in the branch with your ID etc etc and they'll sort it for you there and then and get the app up and running.

Edited by Chivas

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

I think they will get a lot of problems with elderly people making mistakes with this.

Poor eyesight, relatively small screens, and tiny font combine to make this error prone.

Of course, the banks won't be liable.

You're implying that the banks should be liable for mistakes that their customers make?  What's the difference between being asked to confirm that the transfer details are correct before hitting "Confirm" on a phone app and an online site?  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:52 AM, phetphet said:

I received an email from SCB yesterday saying they will stop the SCB EasyNet internet banking service from 14th July.

Around the 4th/5th of July I was opening a new account and adding it to Mobile app, the branch then asked if I wanted SCB EasyNet as well.

Confucius says help, no understand.

41 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The one way to sort this (as I was told via the call centre) was basically plonk your backside in the branch with your ID etc etc and they'll sort it for you there and then and get the app up and running.

Thanks for the info.

I (German) am now completely at a loss as to what I can do. 
For about 15 years I live about 50% of the year in TH, the other half in Germany.
I have two SCB accounts in Phuket Rawai and Kata, both only accessible by PC via SCB Easy. 
Since we, my TH wife and I, are not coming back to TH until early November I am totally helpless without currently SCB App registered in my local SCB branch Rawai to transfer my monthly bills to TH until then.

Maybe there is a way (soon) to activate SCB App from abroad after all. In my dual SIM mobile, the TH phone number registered with SCB is also active here in Germany.

Thanks for any helpful hints on what I can do.

5 minutes ago, phuketcouple said:

Either arrange for someone to pay your bills before you come back or make a flying visit to sort out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but as far as I know there is no way to get the SCB app activated from outside Thailand.

Happy for someone to prove me wrong...........

21 minutes ago, phuketcouple said:

Thanks for the info.

I (German) am now completely at a loss as to what I can do. 
For about 15 years I live about 50% of the year in TH, the other half in Germany.
I have two SCB accounts in Phuket Rawai and Kata, both only accessible by PC via SCB Easy. 
Since we, my TH wife and I, are not coming back to TH until early November I am totally helpless without currently SCB App registered in my local SCB branch Rawai to transfer my monthly bills to TH until then.

Maybe there is a way (soon) to activate SCB App from abroad after all. In my dual SIM mobile, the TH phone number registered with SCB is also active here in Germany.

I sympathise entirely

I am in the UK with no idea what my exact balance is after around 12 inbound transfers I've sent. I know what it should be lol (and am sure it will be) but somewhat frustrating as like you I can do nothing until I arrive this Autumn

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I am simply stating that by forcing customers to use smaller screens, with smaller font

Font size on phones can be increased to what is needed by the user and the final confirmation screen before a transaction is completed comprises three items to be checked none of which is difficult to read on any smart phone from the last ten years to date.  

On 6/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, paddypower said:

still does snot resolve the question of how, in your example, someone could make hard copies of the screen capture (assumming that option is not going to be taken away). I will just switch banks. To heck with SCB, I have  been with them since 1994. It's time to move on.

Printing from the phone is not difficult, if you have a wi-fi printer. I use Brother I-print and scan app on Android and ipad. Works a treat, so long as  both printer and phone are using the same wi-fi. For scb, just remember to set the paper size to A6 or less, unless you want to output a table mat!

The scb app gives a share option for the payment slip, use that to access the print app.

Edited by Grusa

On 6/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, brianthainess said:

You still don't get it do you. SBC Easy-net is a separate account.  you do NOT GET AN ATM CARD to make withdraws from it or a normal bank book. YOU must do every transaction online or using an app if you want to withdraw, transfer, or deposit. 

Wrong. SCB EasyNet is an online access app for your SCB bank account(s), and you can register any or all af these on the app. You can also have an online account, which pays interest, but does not have any physical book or card. You can transfer to and from that account electronically ..I am not sure whether you can use cardless ATM withdrawal, I never tried... but so far as I know you can not have an online only account unless you already hold at least one "normal" physical account.

went to my scb branch today to register for EASY. checked if it is really any use. the answer, in my opinion is NO. when you log in, and search for your list of customers & supplier's bank details - it says NONE. I had a very heated conversation with Head Office. Their answer was, to paraphrase: ' EASY is a separate app. Easynet was a standalone app. and is gone. We notified you it would be terminated. We (SCB) did not merge the Easynet info with the new app''. The tone was - you are screwed, if you did not make a record of your customers and supplier's bank details, before we terminated Easynet.

Just now, paddypower said:

went to my scb branch today to register for EASY. checked if it is really any use. the answer, in my opinion is NO. when you log in, and search for your list of customers & supplier's bank details - it says NONE. I had a very heated conversation with Head Office. Their answer was, to paraphrase: ' EASY is a separate app. Easynet was a standalone app. and is gone. We notified you it would be terminated. We (SCB) did not merge the Easynet info with the new app''. The tone was - you are screwed, if you did not make a record of your customers and supplier's bank details, before we terminated Easynet.

I intend to switch banks (I have accounts at 3 other banks), e.g. KrungThai, as they are the only other bank with a branch in my village.  I will enter all the lost info again. This time, I will take a screen capture of the 4 sections: ''other Krung Thai accounts''; ''other banks''; ''top ups'' (I donate top ups to 3 or 4  disadvantaged people we know, plus we have 3 phones); '' Merchants/utilities'', like Insurance, PEA, AIS, TOT, 3BB) for 2 houses''. Any comments????

22 hours ago, Grusa said:

Wrong. SCB EasyNet is an online access app for your SCB bank account(s), and you can register any or all af these on the app. You can also have an online account, which pays interest, but does not have any physical book or card. You can transfer to and from that account electronically ..I am not sure whether you can use cardless ATM withdrawal, I never tried... but so far as I know you can not have an online only account unless you already hold at least one "normal" physical account.

NOT. EasyNet is toast and so is all your banking history, unless you made a screen capture of all of the details which you had recorded. For me that is 25 years of customers (tenants) Merchants, etc etc. I confirmed this by phone with Head Office and had my branch manager re-confirm, by phoning them again, whilst I was in his office. This is the biggest online banking cluster<deleted> I have experienced since 1992, when I opened my first SCB account.

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

NOT. EasyNet is toast and so is all your banking history, unless you made a screen capture of all of the details which you had recorded. For me that is 25 years of customers (tenants) Merchants, etc etc. I confirmed this by phone with Head Office and had my branch manager re-confirm, by phoning them again, whilst I was in his office. This is the biggest online banking cluster<deleted> I have experienced since 1992, when I opened my first SCB account.

My bad. For Easynet , which is the desktop version please read SCB Easy, which is the phone app, and what I was referring to.

On 7/18/2023 at 9:49 AM, Grusa said:

Printing from the phone is not difficult, if you have a wi-fi printer. I use Brother I-print and scan app on Android and ipad. Works a treat, so long as  both printer and phone are using the same wi-fi. For scb, just remember to set the paper size to A6 or less, unless you want to output a table mat!

The scb app gives a share option for the payment slip, use that to access the print app.

so, have you re-entered all of your easynet banking info into the new app - EASY ?

46 minutes ago, Grusa said:

It was/is all there anyway. 

really? do you mean easynet is still accessible? scb head office said it was not, so i v]never checked, will do right now and if it is all there....5 stars for you mate.

12 minutes ago, paddypower said:

really? do you mean easynet is still accessible? scb head office said it was not, so i v]never checked, will do right now and if it is all there....5 stars for you mate.

unfortunately, this is what I find: the easynet link on my pc is gone - replaced by a link called EASY. it asks me to download the app. i did that (altho' it does not show up on my downloads). then a screen pops up, under this link: <https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/digital-banking/scb-easy.html> It offers a Login icon in the upper right screen. open that and i get a submenu: 1. SCB Easy App 2. SCB EASY net 3. InnovestX online. i clicked on 1 and got the same screen as before with the same login icon. below, it offers several ways to register. but no hot links. I clicked on 2 and got the screen notice SCB EASY NET discontinuation.

so - that leaves me stuck -  and not sure where to go. 

unfortunately, this is what I find: the easynet link on my pc is gone - replaced by a link called EASY. it asks me to download the app. i did that (altho' it does not show up on my downloads). then a screen pops up, under this link: <https://www.scb.co.th/en/personal-banking/digital-banking/scb-easy.html> It offers a Login icon in the upper right screen. open that and i get a submenu: 1. SCB Easy App 2. SCB EASY net 3. InnovestX online. i clicked on 1 and got the same screen as before with the same login icon. below, it offers several ways to register. but no hot links. I clicked on 2 and got the screen notice SCB EASY NET discontinuation.

so - that leaves me stuck -  and not sure where to go. 

Just tried what you tried above @paddypower - on my usual PC and again on a different PC with different browser with no cookies already set. Got exactly the same results as you. Basically it's forcing you to the mobile app, and as I explained above when chatting with @Chivas that won't work for me (us?) outside Thailand. ????

14 hours ago, Grusa said:

It was/is all there anyway. 

I wish you would not post 'krap' without checking your facts first. as I posted separately, I spent several hours going around in circles, trying to confirm what you posted. You are wrong. 

Go into any SCB bank....

And what will you see on all their desks....

Could it be....

24 นิ้ว LCD LED FHD Desktop Monitor 24 นิ้วจอแสดงผล

Nooo.... It cant be......

They should be leading by example and be using this...

image.jpeg.162a76f4d10b67aef70a28556fda411d.jpeg

Like they want all the customers to use...

They definitely  should not be using this.....

24 นิ้ว LCD LED FHD Desktop Monitor 24 นิ้วจอแสดงผล

Edited by redwood1
  • Confused 1

I wish you would not post 'krap' without checking your facts first. as I posted separately, I spent several hours going around in circles, trying to confirm what you posted. You are wrong. 

You misunderstood me, and malign me. What I said, or meant, was that all my data that I needed was already on my app - because I put it there and use it - so I lost nothing. I did not at any time make any comment on whether the online SCB Easy desktop site is or was currently available, or what could or could not be accessed on it.