Russian man found dead in meditation position in pool at house in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai man stumbled upon the dead body of a Russian man in a pool of a house in the Saiyuan Med Village in the Rawai sub-district, Mueang district of Phuket. The Russian man reportedly died while he was engaged in meditation beneath the water’s surface.

Officers from Chalong Police Station investigated the house after being notified of the Russian man’s drowning where they discovered the lifeless body of 23 year old Ivankiv Ivan Oliegovich at the bottom of the 1.8 metre-deep pool.

The revelation was brought to light by Anak Phumnarong, a 27 year old Thai man. Anak informed officers that Oliegovich had a peculiar habit of practicing meditation and yoga underwater. He would spend extensive periods submerged and Anak occasionally had to remind him to resurface from the pool.

Anak elaborated on the routine followed by the Russian man. Oliegovich would begin by meditating in the pool, then rise to bask in the sun, only to return to the water afterwards.

by Petch Petpailin

Top Photo via ThaiRath

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/russian-man-found-dead-in-meditation-position-in-pool-at-house-in-phuket

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I encountered this first hand one day whilst water skiing, an Indian gentleman was totally submerged with only his nose above the water, gave me a fright as I could not see him and nearly hit him!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I encountered this first hand one day whilst water skiing, an Indian gentleman was totally submerged with only his nose above the water, gave me a fright as I could not see him and nearly hit him!!

baby shark song springs to mind.

• Haha 1