Collar up on Polo Shirt - Why?

EVENKEEL

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you do with sunglasses when you go indoors or when you are in the shade and don't need to wear sunglasses over your eyes ?

What do people with a high I.Q do , rather than the above examples ?

I use Cablz XL, it allows sunglasses to hang in front when not using. 

On 6/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, KhunLA said:

Or keeps the mozzies off the back of your neck.  Little bastards were chewing my A$$ up last week, and I actually put the collar of my shirt up, while out snapping photos.

Had to opt for trainers & sock vs open sandals, long pants & long sleeved shirt.  Don't they realize it's hot out and they make thing annoying.

Me too , when it comes to beer o'clock but the peskie little xxxxxxs can penetrate clothes unless you wear loose baggy attire . Also the high pitched sound as they circle your ears .

The collar up stems from the 60s / 70s or maybe earlier . Shows your age  

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Me too , when it comes to beer o'clock but the peskie little xxxxxxs can penetrate clothes unless you wear loose baggy attire . Also the high pitched sound as they circle your ears .

The collar up stems from the 60s / 70s or maybe earlier . Shows your age  

Never did the collar up thingy, for style, always thought it was stupid, and don't like things high up on my neck.  Always wear loose clothes, and can't stand tight restricting apparel, damn annoying.

I avoided the 'disco' age, and more jeans, flannels & doobies for me.  Inexpensive & practical ????  All cotton for comfort. 

'Grease is NOT the way' ... ????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, roquefort said:

What a sad life some people must lead if that's their main concern.

Next I'll start a thread about why the checkered shirts are so popular amongst the oldies.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, EVENKEEL said:

, it would seem old guys have their collar ironed up for fashion? Does it make you feel younger? 

Stop sun burn

Makes sense on a hot day. I don't look at old guys much so don't know how common.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

As ridiculous as wearing sunglasses indoors or even worse on top of head. A sign of an IQ well below 80.

A lot of sunglasses include prescription lenses. What should they do when indoors?

Maybe you shouldn't judge others based on such shallow reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Look at 20 to 40yo women. See how they dress.

So you wear both the popped collar and checkered shirts. My daughter gets upset if I even look at checkered shirts at the mall to buy. I notice everything. And what better place to voice my observations than right here.

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So you wear both the popped collar and checkered shirts. My daughter gets upset if I even look at checkered shirts at the mall to buy. I notice everything. And what better place to voice my observations than right here.

Wrong.

3 hours ago, bignok said:

A lot of sunglasses include prescription lenses. What should they do when indoors?

If I could only afford one pair, I would get photo-grey. 

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Maybe you shouldn't judge others based on such shallow reasons.

Maybe 

Walker 88, sounds like you have had too much time tossing in the out dated Mullet. Very undignified behaviour Mate!

Totaly off the track there and no appreciation for the reality of us golfers who sometimes must use the stand up shirt collar as a bit of sun protection.

Edited by V8M8
missed siting quote

29 minutes ago, V8M8 said:

Walker 88, sounds like you have had too much time tossing in the out dated Mullet. Very undignified behaviour Mate!

Totaly off the track there and no appreciation for the reality of us golfers who sometimes must use the stand up shirt collar as a bit of sun protection.

Best protection for sun and bugs! 

https://visionflyfishing.com/products/bamboo-bug-uv-hoodie

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

What do you do with sunglasses when you go indoors or when you are in the shade and don't need to wear sunglasses over your eyes ?

What do people with a high I.Q do , rather than the above examples ?

Put them in a glasses case.

• Love It 1

The standard of dress of many foreigners here is appalling, slouching about in shorts and singlets etc, if only they did wear polo shirts! but some of their wife's are as bad. Just the sort of low life farangs I steer well clear of, Big C Param 2. Sickeningly scruffy, no wonder immigration give some a hard time.

IMG_20230627_165149.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

The standard of dress of many foreigners here is appalling, slouching about in shorts and singlets etc, if only they did wear polo shirts! but some of their wife's are as bad. Just the sort of low life farangs I steer well clear of, Big C Param 2. Sickeningly scruffy, no wonder immigration give some a hard time.

IMG_20230627_165149.jpg

Normal hot weather clothes