Anyone been back to Australia for the forced 2 year exile to move pension to Thailand?

On 6/14/2024 at 7:28 PM, KhunHeineken said:

It's a little difficult to create the false appearance if you return home with no money for bond and lease on a small unit, and to buy a car and register it, then go renew your drivers license, then get an electricity bill in your name etc etc etc etc. 

Guys go home and don't do any of this, like the guy Nemises knows. 

To date, many have been getting away with leading a somewhat nomadic life in Australia for the 2 years., however, I can see the day when they tighten up on portability, but that's for another thread if / when it happens. 

Gawd you do go on, utter  rubbish. How would you know anything about.guys going back and their financials,,?! Scaremongering beyond pathetic sadly, you ought to be bared from all these OAP topics."... Know all from Blackall or backa Bumfark", thank crikey your cred is sfa!! 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Gawd you do go on, utter  rubbish. How would you know anything about.guys going back and their financials,,?! Scaremongering beyond pathetic sadly, you ought to be bared from all these OAP topics."... Know all from Blackall or backa Bumfark", thank crikey your cred is sfa!! 

K.Heinkn has mentioned previously that he doesn't receive the OAP or any other C'link benefits. So that seems to indicate that he doesn't have a C'link CRN (customer reference number).

So I doubt that he's 'qualified' to discuss C'link policies and / or discuss centrelink interactions if he doesn't have a CRN. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 4:14 AM, rhodie said:

Got a mate who came back earlier. Just got his pension approved. It took 4 months and 1 week. He has been out of Australia for 6 years. Will call soon to see if he has to do the 2 years.

Just to add, I was waiting for the pension as well. My estimated completion was 12 to 13 weeks. In the 13th week I called and got a very helpful officer. I was at around 90 days of waiting. When she saw How long I had been waiting, she completed the application while I was online. It took less than an hour all up. I didn't realise, but when I asked my mate it was the same for him. She told me that they try to assess the application within 49 days. So if you are waiting for over 7 weeks it's probably worth calling.

I am now back in Thailand. I notified Centrelink I was leaving. I have received a payment to my account in Australia since leaving so that's the first hurdle. I have been living here for over 7 years, but, I have been back at least twice every year for a month or so. I own a home there, I do a tax return every year, even did jury duty just before covid. Hopefully I still count as a resident. But who knows.

After 6 weeks out of the country I should lose the 2 supplements. I'll breath easier then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rhodie said:

Just to add, I was waiting for the pension as well. My estimated completion was 12 to 13 weeks. In the 13th week I called and got a very helpful officer. I was at around 90 days of waiting. When she saw How long I had been waiting, she completed the application while I was online. It took less than an hour all up. I didn't realise, but when I asked my mate it was the same for him. She told me that they try to assess the application within 49 days. So if you are waiting for over 7 weeks it's probably worth calling.

I am now back in Thailand. I notified Centrelink I was leaving. I have received a payment to my account in Australia since leaving so that's the first hurdle. I have been living here for over 7 years, but, I have been back at least twice every year for a month or so. I own a home there, I do a tax return every year, even did jury duty just before covid. Hopefully I still count as a resident. But who knows.

After 6 weeks out of the country I should lose the 2 supplements. I'll breath easier then.

Yes considering you hadn't done a days work in your life count yourself lucky your receiving funds off us hardworking taxpayers !

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2024 at 2:47 AM, Olmate said:

Scaremongering

Do my post scare you, Olmate?  No, I didn't think so, but if they did, toughen up, "Princess."  Just more trolling and baiting designed to get me an AN holiday. 

On 6/16/2024 at 2:47 AM, Olmate said:

Know all from Blackall or backa Bumfark"

You are a "know less" from Blackall or backa Bumfark."  You have no idea. 

Just another one of the "I get the Thai missus to do it" for everything, whilst all you do is sit in the bar at 9am on the cheap Leo everyday. 

You are just a troll and haven't added any content to this thread for months.

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2024 at 3:27 AM, scorecard said:

K.Heinkn has mentioned previously that he doesn't receive the OAP or any other C'link benefits. So that seems to indicate that he doesn't have a C'link CRN (customer reference number).

So I doubt that he's 'qualified' to discuss C'link policies and / or discuss centrelink interactions if he doesn't have a CRN. 

Correct.  I do not receive an old age pension, but if / when tax changes are passed in Australia and / or Thailand, I may very well make changes to my finances, in which I will qualify, and apply for, an aged pension, thus, I have done my research, way passed your 1800 CL number that you keep posting. 

You have posted previously, and recently posted on another thread / forum you receive an aged pension, but have posted on this forum you receive a vet's pension and did your 2 years in Vet's accommodation.  What a load of BS.  Everyone knows you can not received both pensions. 

Why would you do this?  You are a troll. 

Edited by KhunHeineken
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 10:15 AM, rhodie said:

Another thing that the proposed changes to tax residency will end. 

The immigration data base will start communicating with the ATO data base, which we know communicates with the Centerlink data base. 

• Haha 1

So, I do get the OZ pension can't be arsed to read all posts. If you move back to LOS, you will only get the basic OZ pension you will miss out on rent assistants pension supplement energy assistant which is a huge chunk in your pocket. You will get 1020 AUD per fortnight as a single person. I do get 1304 AUD per fortnight including all assistance. Of course you need to wait 2 years, you can travel but there is a limit on it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, still kicking said:

So, I do get the OZ pension can't be arsed to read all posts. If you move back to LOS, you will only get the basic OZ pension you will miss out on rent assistants pension supplement energy assistant which is a huge chunk in your pocket. You will get 1020 AUD per fortnight as a single person. I do get 1304 AUD per fortnight including all assistance. Of course you need to wait 2 years, you can travel but there is a limit on it. 

Living The Dream.  :cheesy:

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

So you get the old age pension......but.....your wife lives with you and she works full time?

You cannot get the SINGLE rate if your wife is working and living under the SAME roof 

How does that work ?

Big jail sentence if your caught mister ....be careful ...

Obviously means your not married to her or living in a defacto relationship 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

So, it's really YOU who is living in hostels.  Living The Dream.  :smile:

How wrong you are, AGAIN!

Sorry to disappoint you, but NO it’s not me living in hostels. As already mentioned on numerous occasions in this thread I am doing house sitting in exclusive Sydney beachside/harbourside suburbs for the entire 2 years with my TGF coming to visit me in said luxury accommodation every 6 months…so YES I am living the dream, literally. 

Do try and keep up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

So you get the old age pension......but.....your wife lives with you and she works full time?

You cannot get the SINGLE rate if your wife is working and living under the SAME roof 

How does that work ?

Keep cleaning floors, I am married for over 20 years I do get full single pension since we don't live together and yes, my wife has 2 houses, and she makes up to 65AUD per hour not everybody is a failure like you.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but NO it’s not me living in hostels. As already mentioned on numerous occasions in this thread I am doing house sitting in exclusive Sydney beachside/harbourside suburbs for the entire 2 years with my TGF coming to visit me in said luxury accommodation every 6 months…so YES I am living the dream, literally. 

Do try and keep up. 

He is just a troll just ignore him 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

How does that work ?

Yes, same as the member Scorecard.  One post he's on an aged pension, next post he's on a Vet's pension, and done his 2 years in a Vet's accommodation village.  You can't be on both pensions. 

The member, "Still Kicking" is rorting the system.  It's been raised before, and he's defended his position that it can't be proved, but he's the one living in Australia on $11 cask wine, which he couldn't post a link to, and I know where I would rather live, despite him singing the praises of $1300 a fortnight. 

I'm guessing his wife's wages go back to Thailand, and they are both living off his pension.  What a wonderful way to see out your final years? 

Why is he even posting on this website? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunHeineken said:

Yes, same as the member Scorecard.  One post he's on an aged pension, next post he's on a Vet's pension, and done his 2 years in a Vet's accommodation village.  You can't be on both pensions. 

The member, "Still Kicking" is rorting the system.  It's been raised before, and he's defended his position that it can't be proved, but he's the one living in Australia on $11 cask wine, which he couldn't post a link to, and I know where I would rather live, despite him singing the praises of $1300 a fortnight. 

I'm guessing his wife's wages go back to Thailand, and they are both living off his pension.  What a wonderful way to see out your final years? 

Nothing wrong with that $11.99 cask wine from ALDI 😁 🍷🍾

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Just to read the BS you are posting 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Do try and keep up. 

Sponsored tourists visas for the TGF, or she has PR from a previous time in Australia?   

Either way, I'm sure certain government departments  know what you are up to. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Keep cleaning floors, I am married for over 20 years I do get full single pension since we don't live together and yes, my wife has 2 houses, and she makes up to 65AUD per hour not everybody is a failure like you.

Why are you posting on this website? 

You have no connection to living in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, still kicking said:

No I don't have to clean somebody's mess 

Living in Australia is living in a mess. 

I bet your TGF gets back to Thailand more than you do.  Of course because some distant relative died in a motorbike accident, and you pay for the airfares. 

Edited by KhunHeineken
  • Sad 1