Bangkok Bank Changing your branch.

I went on the net to ask about that but everything seemed to be about you changing. I don't wont to change where I live or my phone number or come to that my password. I just want to change to a branch that is nearer to me and has for me better opening times.

So how do I do it.

You go to your branch with passport and bankbook, tell them where you want to change to, it may be helpful to screenshot your new branch for them. 

I last did this years ago at BKKBBK, and it was a bit of a run around, I recall they start the process at your old branch, you then go to the new branch with the paperwork they give you, get that new account opened, then go back to the old branch, and they finalise it. 

You won't need to carry any physical cash, but you still need to do all the running around. 

You can not move your Bank Account from one Branch to another Branch, you have to open a new Account. If both Branches are in the same Province, why you want to change, makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Why do you need to go into a branch when you can use any ATM?

1.  To get new passbook.

2.  To get new ATM card.

3.  To get immigration required documents such as letter of account ownership or bank statements.

4.  To easily obtain 20 or 100 baht notes.

As said you open a new account and go through that process with whatever requirements new branch may require - that you had an account in another branch may not have any advantage in that process.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My branch is at Central Festival. It doesn't open to 11 o'clock. I only opened at this branch because I thought that the service to forefingers would be better, (more experience.). But I found that the Thepprasit Road branch (1 kilometer away) offered as good or better service and I could work out the best time to go by simply just riding past.,

When I did my visa extension 2/3rds of the paperwork were from the Thepprasit branch but I had to go to Central Festival for the last part.

The only time I go to central Festival is when I have to go to the bank. I am not a fan of malls. I have only been to Terminal 21 once that was enough for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  To get new passbook.

2.  To get new ATM card.

3.  To get immigration required documents such as letter of account ownership or bank statements.

4.  To easily obtain 20 or 100 baht notes.

As said you open a new account and go through that process with whatever requirements new branch may require - that you had an account in another branch may not have any advantage in that process.

Not much of the above must be done in the branch where your account is based.

Passbook?........probably, but I don't know this for certain.

ATM card?  Nope.  My silom branch ATM card died, i got a new one in a Korat branch for the silom account.

Immigration?  Any branch can do your bank guarantee letter.  (not sure about outside province).  I used silom or ramkhamhaeng bangkok bank branches for my fixed accounts, got the bank letter at chang wattana or laksi branches.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Not much of the above must be done in the branch where your account is based.

Passbook?........probably, but I don't know this for certain.

ATM card?  Nope.  My silom branch ATM card died, i got a new one in a Korat branch for the silom account.

Immigration?  Any branch can do your bank guarantee letter.  (not sure about outside province).  I used silom or ramkhamhaeng bangkok bank branches for my fixed accounts, got the bank letter at chang wattana or laksi branches.

The question was why any branch was required - everything could be done on ATM - which is not the case.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The question was why any branch was required - everything could be done on ATM - which is not the case.

Understood, but the subject is changing bank locations.

There is no need to change, as the services you listed (possibly excluding new passbook) can be done at any branch.

Services unavailable from an ATM at his branch are unavailable at all branch ATM's.

OP Just do what I suggested, there's no need to explain yourself to the forum. 

I'm not saying there are not some others valid thoughts to consider, 

but everyone knows banking here involves frequent physical visits to a branch, and that's not likely to change in our lifetimes. 

A new (moved) account makes perfect sense if it's more convenient. 

16 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Understood, but the subject is changing bank locations.

There is no need to change, as the services you listed (possibly excluding new passbook) can be done at any branch.

Services unavailable from an ATM at his branch are unavailable at all branch ATM's.

They can not be done at an ATM as quoted poster had said. 

As for any branch being the same for OP he clearly stated he wanted to change because of work hours and being closer so all are not the same for him.

My advice is that if you are on a retirement extension with the 800,000 in the bank method make sure you do the branch/account transfer in two stages after the 800,000 requirement drops to 400,000 (never can remember if it is 2 or 3 months after extension) and only move 400,000 the first time, make sure it is in the new branch/account then do the rest!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They can not be done at an ATM as quoted poster had said. 

As for any branch being the same for OP he clearly stated he wanted to change because of work hours and being closer so all are not the same for him.

Kind of pointless to change branches, if he can use any branch of Bangkok Bank for most services.  There is no need for him to change branches.  That's simply a waste of 3-4 hours of his life. 

ATM usage is irrelevant to his requirements - as you listed services that cannot be done at an ATM at any branch.

The question to ask is what services can ONLY be provided by the branch that maintains his account.

2 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Kind of pointless to change branches, if he can use any branch of Bangkok Bank for most services.  There is no need for him to change branches.  That's simply a waste of 3-4 hours of his life. 

ATM usage is irrelevant to his requirements - as you listed services that cannot be done at an ATM at any branch.

The question to ask is what services can ONLY be provided by the branch that maintains his account.

The other question is whether it’s a consistent policy or uncooperative/rushed/ignorant employees. Some people may be going in and getting different answers about what can and cannot be done.

• Like 1

Changing branch, I wish, as they closed mine.   Though I didn't have to do anything.  Just use the other, now only branch in the Amphur.  Didn't close or open new accounts, nothing changed.

Soc Sec DD kept coming, no interruption.

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Among the various potential reasons, getting an account balance letter from the bank to give to Thai Immigration.

Also, for the future, most of the account update details that a person might have to do down the road, such as updating a passport number or personal phone number, typically have to be done in the specific branch where your account is housed (i.e., your "home" branch).

A balance letter can be provide in every branch. Passbook and pasport have to show

Retired here and had this issue, Plan A we stay in CM so thats where we opened accounts

Plan B was too hot up there.... moved to Sattahip, to get the retirement letter and copy of bank statement  local branch had to send to CM branch and took a week. BKKBK  Not cool....Just opened a new account in Sattahip, thats now the retirement acc. and the CM account is for spending money.. I think all branches in a Provence are connected but different Provences seem to be their own worlds.. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What do you usually do for that? say ask for 5k of 100 notes, would save me trying to get change everywhere 

they will give you whatever you want, once a month I get 10,000 baht in 100's and 2000 baht in 20's they always give me fresh ones

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Kind of pointless to change branches, if he can use any branch of Bangkok Bank for most services.

Although agree with you that likely more work than it is worth each branch has a 3 digit number at start of account number and often very branch centric - so for best service good to have account with their number on it.

11 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Can you get a signed letter or statement from an ATM? 

One day perhaps, but at present it is possible to get the bank letter for Immigration at any branch of your bank.

11 hours ago, roger101 said:

My branch is at Central Festival. It doesn't open to 11 o'clock. I only opened at this branch because I thought that the service to forefingers would be better, (more experience.). But I found that the Thepprasit Road branch (1 kilometer away) offered as good or better service and I could work out the best time to go by simply just riding past.,

When I did my visa extension 2/3rds of the paperwork were from the Thepprasit branch but I had to go to Central Festival for the last part.

The only time I go to central Festival is when I have to go to the bank. I am not a fan of malls. I have only been to Terminal 21 once that was enough for me.

It is not the Bank per se but as everything here, "people in charge" make their own rules up as they go along and as they like you or have slept well....or often not....where 1 branch may service you and even possibly not request some rather idiotic paperwork for everyday transactions because you have been known personally for 30 years, the next larger branch may do exactly the opposite and insist on some "rules" you have never heard of. Your rule should be : keep only the visa and regular bills required money here, the rest somewhere safe, the interest rates are hilarious anyway and otherwise grit your teeth , swear or laugh out loud depending on your temperament at medieval bank practices or hours lost at queuing at 8 empty out of 10 counters........which also serves  to get you to stay away and use online banking instead (at your own risk of course) in order to save another lot of clerk jobs. And lately this has even been argumentatively justified by increased safety ........which translates approximately like this : as the chinese triads are proving increasingly smarter than the Thai banking system and taking advantage but it is politically inconvenient to blame the Maoists, the farangs have to put up with new discomfort and suspicion for "equal treatment" reasons. And a government issued document such as a Thai driver's licence is not sufficient, carry (and possibly loose) your passport . To get back on the reality side, more paperwork does not make processes safer as the military introduced rule of registering an ID at the post office for sending a birthday card to a friend shows. First it is nobody's business who I am sending what to , as is who I am transferring money to at my bank, sender name and tel# should be enough - identifying senders makes every sender a potential miscreant and every petty transaction visible to anyone who has access to the computers (now who would that be all?) , extremely democratic- then 2nd. : who keeps me from holding a separate set of ID for these purposes in the case that I am indeed going to break the law? One would think that if this happens in a lucrative way, a triad boss will be quite capable of providing false passports . Money laundering ? Don't make me laugh. For curiosity's sake ask at UOB what it takes to open a bank account in Singapore UOB where the interest rates are 4-4.5% instead of 1.25 max. : under 250thousand $ US one must take the cash personally to Singapore(which is illegal by the way without declaring it at BKK and at SIN airports ) in order to maybe get accepted, from 250 K up simply fill out a transfer form and they will open an account for you, you do not have to go to SIN and spend several days without chewing gum or a cigarette. And just in case : people , this is all satirical, of course.

Not exactly to the topic but....

Yesterday, I spent half the day visiting my three banks in Central Mall Pattaya, all for the same purpose of reporting my new passport number and getting my photo taken for this new ID thing the banks are insisting on. SCB and Krungri in and out in ten minutes. Bangkok Bank, 45 minute wait only to be told that I couldn't report new passport number there, I had to do it at the branch. The place was packed and the whole system, supposed to be computerised seemed to be generating reams of paperwork. 

Over to the branch on the Dark Side, packed out, waited an hour to be seen and after more masses of paperwork and photo taken, finally escaped. Good job I use internet banking and these visits are seldom needed. I use BB only for bringing in my UK pension because it registers Wise transfers as International.

• Thumbs Up 2