Pita Catches Covid For The Third Time, Coalition Talks Put Off

webfact

image.jpeg

MOVE FORWARD leader and prime minister-designate Pita Limjaroenrat has caught Covid-19 for the third time and as he is now self-isolating a meeting of the eight-partner coalition government scheduled for Thursday June 22 has been put off to next week, Matichon newspaper said this evening (June 20).

Mr. Chaitawat Tulathon, Move Forward’s secretary-general, said while this key meeting has been postponed a seminar to be attended by Move Forward’s new MPs scheduled for June 21-23 will continue with him standing in on Pita’s behalf.

After returning from a visit to the North to thank people for supporting Move Forward on June 16 Pita has not visited his party’s head office and held online conferences instead.

by TNR Staff

Move Forward leader/prime minister-designate Pita Limjaroenrat. Photo: Thai Rath

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/06/20/pita-catches-covid-for-the-third-time-coalition-talks-put-off/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-06-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I've been fully vaxed and boosted and have never caught Covid.  I'm not making that up.

There are reasons why science is based on studies of large numbers of people, not on anecdotal evidence.

the guy is fully vaxed and has caught covid 3 times. 

59 minutes ago, transam said:

The vax does not stop you catching it..................????

Have you not learned anything about C19 over the past 3 years....????

please point out to the class where i said that ? 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

It's a subtle coup d' etat.

In the US, we use the acronym PITA; the UK would probably use Pita. The PM's name summarizes his predicament regarding COVID.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

What I learned over 3 years is anyone who was not vaxed almost never got covid....Very true..

That is not true.....most people around me are not vaccinated. 2 never got it, all other got it once, or most probably got it (wife and me didn't test...it fits the description but could have been something else). But everyone I know who is not vaccinated got it only once. Not enough people to be a statistic about getting it again.

And no one including me 80+ year old parents needed a doctor...For all the people who think the have only little symptoms because of the vaccine....no one had much unvaccinated as well.

So unvaccinated almost never get Covid is wrong...almost everyone here got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

What I learned over 3 years is anyone who was not vaxed almost never got covid....Very true..

That's two who do not understand the difference between anecdotal and scientific.