Thailand to reduce visa approval time for Chinese tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

What a great idea, I suppose we shall all have to get up at 5.30 am in the hotels to stand a chance at breakfast.

With repect, only if you are staying in a Chinese owned hotel. Check hotel ownership before booking - I did! Nowadays when visiting Thailand I still use those Thai family owned establishments. 

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stoner said:

this is wonderful news. i love chinese tourists. 

Simply because they spend the most [as a collective] and today are clearly the most numerous - that's the bottom line. 

Plus the added incentive for pleasing prospective Chinese business/infrastructural investors.....

It's where the wealth is centered these days. Certainly not gonna get this from the skint West, as hard times are looming for the majority. 

Can't blame the Thais for chasing the opportunities. Taking advantage of these particular situations comes naturally. 

It's not a political thing. 

• Haha 1

They are already here, thousands of them , you got to remember the population factor, and they love each other, no other nationality cuts the mustard with them, they do not blend in with other cultures,  they feel they are superior. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I saw an old Chinese lady at a hotel buffet try to take all the shrimp for herself poke it on the plate then not eat it the staff had to throw it out!

I met a family of Chinese quality tourists at a Bangkok mall two years ago. They couldn't find a restaurant there (even though there were dozens), so just in case they had brought their own lunch in tupperware...

12 hours ago, wealthychef said:

My understanding is that it's China's policies that are preventing its citizens from traveling, not Thailands.  Am I wrong? 

China has lifted travel restrictions.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/travel-logistics-and-infrastructure/our-insights/outlook-for-china-tourism-2023-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

NO thanks, Instead of poring boiling water in the noodles, they put the noodles in the kettle to boil we couldn't get rid of the smell had to get a new kettle, 

Did you have Chinese burglars using your kettle?

15 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

They did a visa free deal with Russia years ago and don't care how many Russian crims get in. So why not China.

Possibly the potential numbers involved.....10x the population? Plus a close proximity. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

China was Thai tourism's biggest overseas market in 2019 as 11 million visited the country, accounting for 28% of arrivals.

China is overseas? I thought China was on this continent????

15 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Just what we need, zero ฿ tourists to Chinese hotels, Chinese restaurants, Chinese tour buses etc and the list goes on. Heads out of the sand please.

Over 500 billion baht spent in Thailand in 2019 by Chinese visitors, the most, by far, of any country.   Not exactly 'zero' baht and a good reason why Thailand wants them back

11 hours ago, Polaky said:

They are already here, thousands of them , you got to remember the population factor, and they love each other, no other nationality cuts the mustard with them, they do not blend in with other cultures,  they feel they are superior. 

You just described half the people on this forum.  LOL

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

Over 500 billion baht spent in Thailand in 2019 by Chinese visitors, the most, by far, of any country.   Not exactly 'zero' baht and a good reason why Thailand wants them back

That and a glut in elephant pajamas in the markets.

• Like 1