Mischievous Feline Duo Startles Owner with Unusual 'Catch of the Day'

webfact

image.jpeg

Krabi, Thailand  – In an unexpected and slightly alarming event, two playful cats, aptly named "Gold Pillow" and "Has Money," gave their owner a real scare by bringing a snake into their home. The incident necessitated a swift reptile extraction, adding yet another intriguing tale to the duo's collection of brought-home "toys."

The curious incident, which took place on June 25th, was captured on video by Police Lieutenant Worut Wattana, a civil peacekeeping officer from Krabi. His year-and-a-half-old tomcats, Gold Pillow and Has Money, were seen chasing each other around the house before they decided to bring in a nearly meter-long snake from a nearby coconut grove, reported 77kaoded.

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

The surprise discovery gave the police officer quite a jolt. He was forced to step in, separate the cats from their "new toy," and carefully coax the snake out of the house using a stick. Luckily, it was not a venomous snake, and no harm came to the mischievous felines.

Lt. Wattana recounted that this was not the first time the daring cats had "caught" something unusual, ranging from mice to small lizards. Regardless of the scares these unexpected surprises may cause, the love for his cats remains undeterred. Each day brings a new adventure, leaving him guessing what surprise the dynamic duo will bring home next.

Top Picture: 77kaoded

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-06-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Like 1

Police Lieutenant Worut Wattana has my sympathy. 

The two cats I had when living in Florida used to bring me trophies from hunting expeditions in my back yard.  That was fine except once they brought me a colorful ringed snake.  There are few poisonous snakes in Florida and this one was dead but it did startle me to see it. 

My cats let me know they were pissed when I took the body away and disposed of it.  A can of tuna for dinner took care of that and all was at peace between us.

• Love It 2