Ruangkrai Leekitwattana: The political giant-killer aiming to chop down PM hopeful Pita

webfact

6 hours ago, seajae said:

look at me look at me, what a total cretin this idiot is, just wants to be in the spot light, has the brains of a flea and does what ever he is told/paid to do

Brains of a flea, about sums the lot of them up.

Back when he was with PTP (2017) he filed a petition with the Revenue Department implicating Prawit in some financial shenanigans.

Pheu Thai party lawyer Ruangkrai Leekitwattana said on Sunday he would file a petition to the Revenue Department to look into its records to see whether tax was collected from Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan’s cheques.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30309579

Now he's Prawit's sock puppet.

9 hours ago, seajae said:

look at me look at me, what a total cretin this idiot is, just wants to be in the spot light, has the brains of a flea and does what ever he is told/paid to do

..you under estimate the flea sir...they know just how and where to strike and cause the most irritation..they can also jump tall buildings in a single bound

The people elected this man, why and how are people trying to "bring him down"? If he was elected how can they not let him be PM? I'll admit I don't understand how this is possible, I've been here many years but have never understood Thai politics.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Back when he was with PTP (2017) he filed a petition with the Revenue Department implicating Prawit in some financial shenanigans.

Pheu Thai party lawyer Ruangkrai Leekitwattana said on Sunday he would file a petition to the Revenue Department to look into its records to see whether tax was collected from Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan’s cheques.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30309579

Now he's Prawit's sock puppet.

Ah, perhaps you have stumbled across the 'kind adult' he talks about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not at all rigged then? Complete and transparent, free and fair democratic election? Goal posts weren't moved throughout the process? Well I reckon this is all debatable. You say people want laws but little fatty flaunts his watches and nothing is done. Rich kid kills cop but is not in jail. Family of Prayut corruption exposed but nothing is done. EC and CC were manufactured by a junta to assist in said junta retaining power.

I complete agree on that all....and I even more surprised by the lying around with the watches with some unbelievable stories.....That watches are small money, but there should have been made an example out of it. If corruption could not have been proofed at least he should have been fired.

8 hours ago, bannork said:

h90 forgets to mention that no criticism of the proposed constitution was allowed prior to the referendum.

In addition, the Thai public was told if the public rejected the proposed constitution, the election would be postponed indefinitely whilst a new constitution was drafted.

That is just not true....the red shirts made a huge "vote no" campaign....all over the country.

And Prayut told if the constitution is rejected the previous one will be reinstalled....That was what I understood, but someone pointed out that he actually said A previous one....So that one that fits him best???

But even if the referendum wasn't perfect.....I don't know where you come from: Did you or your grandparents ever had the chance to vote about your constitution?

Very few countries did so. Most installed their constitution by very undemocratic means. You can't criticize an imperfect referendum in Thailand but accept the illegal constitutions (revolutions, coups, etc) all over the world.

The Thai implementation is one of the most democratic one.

The constitution itself is garbage....That senator thing is nonsense, the election process, the areas that is all between sloppy and complete nonsense. I really don't understand why they didn't copy paste some good constitution from a other country and make it fit to Thailand. There is no shortage on constitutions worldwide...

Maybe the 2028 constitution after the 2025 coup will be better?

1 hour ago, h90 said:

That is just not true....the red shirts made a huge "vote no" campaign....all over the country.

And Prayut told if the constitution is rejected the previous one will be reinstalled....That was what I understood, but someone pointed out that he actually said A previous one....So that one that fits him best???

But even if the referendum wasn't perfect.....I don't know where you come from: Did you or your grandparents ever had the chance to vote about your constitution?

Very few countries did so. Most installed their constitution by very undemocratic means. You can't criticize an imperfect referendum in Thailand but accept the illegal constitutions (revolutions, coups, etc) all over the world.

The Thai implementation is one of the most democratic one.

The constitution itself is garbage....That senator thing is nonsense, the election process, the areas that is all between sloppy and complete nonsense. I really don't understand why they didn't copy paste some good constitution from a other country and make it fit to Thailand. There is no shortage on constitutions worldwide...

Maybe the 2028 constitution after the 2025 coup will be better?

From Wikipedia, note lines 8 and 9

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) unveiled a draft constitution on 29 March 2016.[65] In the run-up to the 7 August 2016 referendum on the new constitution, the army conducted a "grassroots information campaign." There was no debate permitted on its merits.[66] Under the junta's rules, "people who propagate information deemed distorted, violent, aggressive, inciting or threatening so that voters do not vote or vote in a particular way" faced up to 10 years in jail and a fine of up to 200,000 baht.[67] The 105-page, 279-article constitution[2][3] was approved by 61.4 percent of Thai voters on 7 August 2016 with 59.4 percent of the public.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

From Wikipedia, note lines 8 and 9

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) unveiled a draft constitution on 29 March 2016.[65] In the run-up to the 7 August 2016 referendum on the new constitution, the army conducted a "grassroots information campaign." There was no debate permitted on its merits.[66] Under the junta's rules, "people who propagate information deemed distorted, violent, aggressive, inciting or threatening so that voters do not vote or vote in a particular way" faced up to 10 years in jail and a fine of up to 200,000 baht.[67] The 105-page, 279-article constitution[2][3] was approved by 61.4 percent of Thai voters on 7 August 2016 with 59.4 percent of the public.

yes and? They banned misinformation. I disagree with any "misinformation" laws. So also with this one. But fact was: information was not banned and the red shirt/PTP/Thaksin run a huge "vote no" campaign....And it was up and down in all media...and than people voted YES. A 60% out of a 60% is of course a <deleted>ty result but again...when did you vote for your constitution? Every flawed vote is better than none. 

Ruangkrai Leekitwattana, as previously reported, is pressing the EC to investigate some discrepancies in Pita's various filings re: some land sale(s).

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/politics/40028623

I'm sure Ruangkrai will be along shortly demanding a Proctologist's examination and report.

I hate to stoop so low but wouldn't mind someone closely examining Ruangkrai's personal filings over the past 20 years.

I find this ability for anyone to file a grievance directly with (one of) the enforcing authorities vexing. There is no filter. But I get that it is a remnant of the Thai "legal" system ca. 1805 (Law of the Three Seals), although the provisions to make a charge based on status dates from much earlier times.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Ruangkrai Leekitwattana, as previously reported, is pressing the EC to investigate some discrepancies in Pita's various filings re: some land sale(s).

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/politics/40028623

I'm sure Ruangkrai will be along shortly demanding a Proctologist's examination and report.

I hate to stoop so low but wouldn't mind someone closely examining Ruangkrai's personal filings over the past 20 years.

I find this ability for anyone to file a grievance directly with (one of) the enforcing authorities vexing. There is no filter. But I get that it is a remnant of the Thai "legal" system ca. 1805 (Law of the Three Seals), although the provisions to make a charge based on status dates from much earlier times.

Both complaints regarding shares and land plot declarations have been nullified. NACC has confirmed that the shares were declared and Pita has already sold the land plot. Runangkrai is running on empty but just being as repulsive clown. 

3 hours ago, h90 said:

yes and? They banned misinformation. I disagree with any "misinformation" laws. So also with this one. But fact was: information was not banned and the red shirt/PTP/Thaksin run a huge "vote no" campaign....And it was up and down in all media...and than people voted YES. A 60% out of a 60% is of course a <deleted>ty result but again...when did you vote for your constitution? Every flawed vote is better than none. 

No debate was allowed regarding the proposed constitution! 

Don't you find that absurd and utterly authoritarian?

Here you are Thai people, take it or leave it, just don't talk about it.

The Red Shirts said no but as mentioned already, if vote No had won, the junta would either have imposed. a constitution from the past that favoured the junta or spent years writing another one with no election in sight.

Thai people had no real choice 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 2:12 PM, Purdey said:

It comes down to the same issues as in every country. If the plaintiff has evidence, he must present it to the court. The court will consider it and come to a decision based on facts presented. If the evidence is insufficient, Pita will be free. 

If Pita broke the law he will suffer the consequences. 

I see nothing wrong in principle with the plaintiff saying he has evidence and going to court to prove it. 

If everyone is certain ITV is not a media company there is no problem but it changed from dormant to a television media business in 2022 then in 2023 changed again to be an "advertising media and returns from investments" business (Time has an article on this). Let's not forget Pita's father died in 2006. How long does it take to transfer shares? InTouch would have accepted then. 

I want Pita to be PM but feel he and his boss are too cocky, when they should have got rid of everything that could cause questions. Even hired a lawyer to dig into all their assets. 

And don't forget, he first said that aren't his shares.....that lying makes it worse

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, bannork said:

No debate was allowed regarding the proposed constitution! 

Don't you find that absurd and utterly authoritarian?

Here you are Thai people, take it or leave it, just don't talk about it.

The Red Shirts said no but as mentioned already, if vote No had won, the junta would either have imposed. a constitution from the past that favoured the junta or spent years writing another one with no election in sight.

Thai people had no real choice 

The great irony is of course that the 1997 constitution, the people's constitution as it was known, was the best one that they had. This was replaced after the coup in 2006.

The latest constitution was so the NCPO could give themselves immunity for their treason and allow them to maintain control over the government regardless of the outcome of any election. 

We are seeing this being implemented now. 

Thailand has a long history of the Army implementing new constitutions after coups. 

Wiki, 2017 Constitution, prescient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Thailand#2017_constitution

Some suspect that with the new constitution the military seeks to hobble political parties in order to create disposable coalition governments. The military would then remain the real power, whatever the outcome of the referendum and the election.

"Disposable coalition governments". Ouch.