Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system

webfact

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

More like the opposite. 

Sorry, you can try to parse words however the fact remains that when archeologists find skeletol remains, they are identified as male or female.  

Not binary, transexual, gay, or lesbian, or any of the terminology that has about the same historical legitimacy as Kwanza.  Purely make up and manufactured. 

I suggest that if a person is comfortable with who they are as a person, they certainly don't need the affirmation of others.  Those that go way out of their way to post continually asking for confirmation from others to validate themselves seem to be craving the need for others to convince themselves.  

A person can say, oh my mother said I was part Indian and I have high cheek bones, and that does not make that person an Indian.  A person today can "identify" as whatever they want. We use to call that "pretending" and that is exactly what it is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Sorry, you can try to parse words however the fact remains that when archeologists find skeletol remains, they are identified as male or female.  

Not binary, transexual, gay, or lesbian, or any of the terminology that has about the same historical legitimacy as Kwanza.  Purely make up and manufactured. 

I suggest that if a person is comfortable with who they are as a person, they certainly don't need the affirmation of others.  Those that go way out of their way to post continually asking for confirmation from others to validate themselves seem to be craving the need for others to convince themselves.  

A person can say, oh my mother said I was part Indian and I have high cheek bones, and that does not make that person an Indian.  A person today can "identify" as whatever they want. We use to call that "pretending" and that is exactly what it is. 

A lot of words but a fundamental FAILURE to acknowledge basic facts.

Sex and Gender are NOT the same thing,

We have no basis for discussion otherwise. 

You get to have opinions, but you don't get to make up your own facts.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

You should tell the federal government your findings.  Their forms clearly disagree with you.  

Game, Set, Match

image.png.5b1a56fe8c2387b82ce3c0b7a4a4cad1.png

Hardly.

Sex and Gender: What’s the Difference? (webmd.com)

What Is Gender?

Gender is a multi-faceted social system. Gender is largely based on society and culture. There are some consistencies, but it can be concluded that gender is not predetermined based on sex. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't have diktats. Do you?

I don't issue any "diktats" but you seem to do all the time to people who both resent and and feel offended by the ones you repeat over and over again!

BTW; As usual you did not respond to the salient point of my post regarding the "oxymoron" element of my response to your oxymoron post!

14 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I don't issue any "diktats" but you seem to do all the time to people who both resent and and feel offended by the ones you repeat over and over again!

BTW; As usual you did not respond to the salient point of my post regarding the "oxymoron" element of my response to your oxymoron post!

No obligation to respond to any post especially nonsensical ones.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is that the intellectual equivalent of taking your ball home?

No.

If you're talking to someone and you find that you don’t have a mutual basis grounded in reality, the discussion is over. In this case there needs to be mutual acknowledgement that biological sex is not the same thing as gender identity.

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

What is a "pov"?  Is that yet another of your genders/terms?

Point of view.

You are projecting on me all your prejudices on this topic.

Gender identity doesn't belong to me personally.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No.

If you're talking to someone and you find that you don’t have a mutual basis grounded in reality, the discussion is over. In this case there needs to be mutual acknowledgement that biological sex is not the same thing as gender identity.

Do you agree that biological sex is fixed?

Do you agree that gender is fixed? 

If so, I think we can all agree that "gender identity" can be whatever one wants, and it may or may not match one's gender/sex. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The ideology?

yes

My pov is reality based.

your reality

What's your ideology?

The one that does not hide from discussion. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

yes

your reality

The one that does not hide from discussion. 

I understand it's a right wing talking point that discussion of gender identity as being a different thing than sex is an ideology. It is not. 

If you meet someone that says the earth is flat and you've provided sources proving its not and they still believe it's flat the discussion is over.

Edited by Jingthing

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Biological sex at birth is fixed except when ambiguous.

As I understand it, ambiguous sex is fixed as well, it just fixed as ambiguous. 

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The rest of your post is incoherent so no response.

So, you are confused by the question, and are unable to answer whether gender is fixed or not fixed, correct?

Neither can you answer whether or not "gender identity" can be whatever one wants, and it may or may not match one's gender/sex. 

Telling 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I understand it's a right wing talking point that discussion of gender identity as being a different thing than sex is an ideology. It is not. 

If you meet someone that says the earth is flat and you've provided sources proving its not and they still believe it's flat the discussion is over.

No, the right wings talking point is that one ideology refuses to discuss "...gender identity as being a different thing than sex..." by not answering questions and pretending "proof" (i.e. left wing talking points) has already been presented. 

Unfortunately, trans people are just the left's victim du jour.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, the right wings talking point is that one ideology refuses to discuss "...gender identity as being a different thing than sex..." by not answering questions and pretending "proof" (i.e. left wing talking points) has already been presented. 

Unfortunately, trans people are just the left's victim du jour.  

Another cynical right wing game.

Persecuting a group and trying to gaslight that it isn't happening.

• Confused 1