Buying International Stocks with Money in Thailand

I have money in Thailand which i cant remit overseas easily,

I wish to buy Tesla stocks.

Is there some way I can get a brokerage account or some other way to buy this stock with my Thai baht,

Thank you

6 hours ago, CrossBones said:

I wish to buy Tesla stocks.

I think you'd be better off spending your money on psychiatric treatment, but that's just my opinion on Tesla.

A Google search of "site:aseannow.com poems broker" will get you some reasonable broker suggestions.

• Haha 1

Schwab international account with do a currency exchange for a fee.

As far as Tesla; several predictions are it will increase by 1000 % over the next ten years.  It is not just a car company, but innovators in AI and clean energy, batteries, etc.  I believe it is a very good long term hold.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Schwab international account with do a currency exchange for a fee.

As far as Tesla; several predictions are it will increase by 1000 % over the next ten years.  It is not just a car company, but innovators in AI and clean energy, batteries, etc.  I believe it is a very good long term hold.

Yeah, well I predict it will go up 10,000%

There you have it, another prediction. See how it easy it is make them?

Seriously though, it would be nice to know if Thailand has any online trading platform like have existed for decades in the US. 

This stuff about “calling a broker” seems very 1970s to me. 

If I were you I would buy stock in lithium mines, because idiotic governments are mandating electric cars but there isn’t enough lithium in the entire world to make enough batteries. Consequently the price of lithium will be astronomical in 5 years.

In twenty years it will be normalized however because there will be newer battery technologies and the lunacy of electrification will be historical by then. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Everyman said:

Yeah, well I predict it will go up 10,000%

There you have it, another prediction. See how it easy it is make them?

Seriously though, it would be nice to know if Thailand has any online trading platform like have existed for decades in the US. 

This stuff about “calling a broker” seems very 1970s to me. 

Actually I am alright with a traditional broker since I just want to buy one stock and hold long term

2 hours ago, CrossBones said:

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/invest/Pages/stock.aspx

For International stocks

Kasikorn- Personally not tried them.

but what you want to do is really not especially complex or difficult.

As i understand, you want to buy one international stock and hold it forever. so transaction costs  really are completely irrelevant!  Custodian fees now , and in the future , are more relevant.

As i mentioned above , there are a number of Thai brokers who can do this for you, you just need to look around.

you need 1) a broker who offers an international trading service for Thai based individuals

2) who will accept you as a client.

and where 3) the transaction costs and long-term custodial fees are not high and reasonable.

go searching!

Edited by wordchild

I suggest you go to UOB Kay Hian Securities Thailand PCL.  They're located in the Sindhorn Tower Building - Office / Office 130-132 Wireless Road, Lumpini Subdistrict , Pathum Wan District, Bangkok. I think that's across the street from the US Embassy.
UOB Kay Hian Securities (Thailand) Public Company Limited operates a securities business. The Company is licensed to conduct securities brokerage, securities trading, investment advisory, and securities underwriting in many stock exchanges worldwide. UOB Kay is also licensed to provide financial advisory and unit trusts agency.

I wish I'd known about them in 1998, but didn't until 2010. It's very easy to set up an account.