Foreigner Allegedly Attempts to Sell Fake Gold Watch in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – A foreigner was allegedly trying to sell a fake gold watch for 50,000 baht in Thalang.

The 191 call center police were notified by a local Phuket resident on Tuesday (July 4th). The person involved was a foreigner but nobody knows his nationality, although there was speculation that he could be Indian, Bangladeshi, or Pakistani.

The suspect was allegedly trying to sell a fake gold watch for 50,000 baht to locals but nobody would buy it as they could clearly see it was made of fake gold, despite the man’s insistence that it was genuine.

By Goongnang Suksawat

#news

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/07/05/foreigner-allegedly-attempts-to-sell-fake-gold-watch-in-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-07-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

How about all the Indian clowns that pester you all up and down Sukhummvit?

Probably the same kind of people who falls for internet scams about a life time opportunity to invest millions or to pay money to collect items from post office ect. ect. no shortage of gullible people in the world.

• Like 2

I know this man. He approached me in Lotus in Muang Prachuap with a story about his Thai girlfriend having stolen all his money, and he offered me a very cheap-looking watch in exchange for money. He claimed to be an Italian, but he looked like someone from Iran or Afghanistan (I worked in the former country in the early 1970s). When I walked out to the car park, I saw him getting into a nice, big SUV, so I figured that a little deception was needed to fund his trip.

• Like 1