Trump’s dominance of GOP field has America bracing for a toxic campaign

Social Media

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No, but prosecuting rioters as if they were attempting to overthrow the government is. I understand you see it differently.  

In fact very few rioters were charged for any thing like insurrection.

But it is a very serious crime to attempt to violently interfere with the Constitutionally mandated transfer of power.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:52 PM, xylophone said:

You just can't help yourself can you, so I think some words from a song by the Doobie Bros might apply to your particular post, perhaps slightly rearranged, however here goes........

"No wise man has the power to reason away what a fool believes".

So many of us sane and rational folk posting on here really don't stand much of a chance using truth against the MAGA/trump believers!! 

Not with what little you have to work with in any event. 

Edited by Yellowtail

I'd bet London to a brick that Trump doesn't show up. Ranting in all caps on truth social isn't the same as being asked hard questions which must be answered on live TV before millions. And when he doesn't, watch his poll numbers drop.

He says he won’t sign the pledge required to participate, but former President Donald Trump’s Republican rivals are actively preparing as if he will be onstage for the GOP’s first 2024 presidential debate next week.

https://apnews.com/article/debate-republican-president-trump-pence-haley-desantis-d3192137ee265d8455ff8af64a5f88ef

4 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

You really have to keep track of what you said here and stop accusing others of making things up.

This is what you said earlier:

“To be clear, I think the way the left won the election was brilliant”

So you literally said that the left (i.e. Biden) won the election. 

I still think the way the left won the election was brilliant, and I still never said Joe Biden is the left.  

President Biden may be a leftist, but he's certainly not the left, any more than Stalin or any other individual totalitarian is the left. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Not to mention which one is the only president in US history who has ever been indicted. And not just once, but four times. With a fifth indictment in Arizona on the way.

Hey rudi ya forgot 2 count them 2! Impeachments! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I watched the traitor presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy on CNN last night. He was saying that he would pull the US out of Ukraine and commit to giving them the Donbas region. He didn't mention Crimea but you can bet that he means that as well. His excuse? Fighting Russia drives it into the hands of the Chinese. He can smell Russian money and wants to grab the fascist vote when Trump and DeSantis go down. This is the kind of scum which infests that party at the fringes. The likes of Ilhan Omar and AOC are nothing in terms of extremism compared to this swill and a couple of other Neville Chamberlains.

I just watched that too. Totally disgusting! What a sleazeball. Plus of course he's on board with pardoning Trump. As bad as he is, he's still better than Trump or DeSantis though. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

'Buckle up': Watergate lawyer says Roger Stone’s 'day is coming'

https://www.rawstory.com/roger-stone-jail/

I see that the US government is discussing a plea deal with Assange. That would be interesting be cause it would surely include testimony about Roger Stone's involvement with Russia, Manafort and Giuliani leading up to the 2016 election.

https://theintercept.com/2023/08/14/julian-assange-plea-deal/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I watched the traitor presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy on CNN last night. He was saying that he would pull the US out of Ukraine and commit to giving them the Donbas region. He didn't mention Crimea but you can bet that he means that as well. His excuse? Fighting Russia drives it into the hands of the Chinese. He can smell Russian money and wants to grab the fascist vote when Trump and DeSantis go down. This is the kind of scum which infests that party at the fringes. The likes of Ilhan Omar and AOC are nothing in terms of extremism compared to this swill and a couple of other Neville Chamberlains.

How is he a traitor? 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I told you. He wants to hand Ukraine to Russia. Do think that's patriotic or something

That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Trump wanted to overturn the result of the 2020 election and instigated the storming of the Capitol. How’s that for being a traitor?

• Like 1