Future PM Pita invites Taylor Swift to Thailand, stating full democracy is back

webfact

image.jpeg

The future Prime Minister of Thailand and leader of the Move Forward Party (MFP), Pita Limjaroenrat, took to Twitter yesterday to reach out to American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, inviting her to return to Thailand now that the country has restored full democracy.

Taylor Swift shows are among the most eagerly anticipated concerts among Thai fans. The latest queen of pop recently announced a world tour, The Eras Tour 2024, but Thailand is not included on the list. Her Asian stops are limited to Japan and Singapore.

Thailand’s connection with Taylor Swift goes back nine years ago when she launched “The Red Tour Live in Bangkok 2014” at the Impact Arena Mueang Thong Thani on June 9 of 2014. The tickets, which ranged from 2,000 to 6,500 baht, were all sold out within an hour.

Unfortunately, about two weeks before a note was sung, the concert was cancelled due to the political coup on
Thai Swifties have shed nine years of tears waiting for the 33 year old songstress to return.

Swift has six dates in Singapore next year, from March 2 to 3 and March 7 to 9.

The future PM of Thailand, Pita, a Taylor Swift fan, begged her to come back to the Land of Smiles.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ Pita Limjaroenrat - พิธา ลิ้มเจริญรัตน์ and Twitter/ @taylorswift13

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/future-pm-pita-invites-taylor-swift-to-thailand-stating-full-democracy-is-back

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

enough said,  I cannot believe he actually admitted that!  Come back Prayut all is forgiven, I would rather listen to him than Swift

I said in 2 years we'll all miss boring Prayut.......He is not even PM and we miss Prayut....

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, pegman said:

Let's see if he. becomes the Prime Minister before calling Thailand a full democracy shall we 

That is just the first step.

Future governments are tied in to Prayut's 20-year plan and can be lawfully disbanded if they veer from it.

The Thai armed forces are not under the control of the elected government. Their loyalty lies elsewhere (with different factions being loyal to various persons).

What will happen if Pita tries to change the constitution to address these issues? (rhetorical question, as we all know the answer).

IMHO

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Could well be another coup between booking and arrival !

Don't need one....Pita is eliminating himself, and PTP takes over and does not want to get kicked out a 3rd time.

12 hours ago, pegman said:

Let's see if he. becomes the Prime Minister before calling Thailand a full democracy shall we 

I would also bet that him becoming PM would not even mean Thailand to be a full democracy...

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Taylor Swift, inviting her to return to Thailand now that the country has restored full democracy.

Because nothing says Democracy like having Taylor Swift  come to Thailand. 

But he is a bit late because I invited her to come last month when I saw her in this dress. I distinctly remember saying "Oh baby come to daddy" of course now that I think of it , I should had mentioned that I was in Thailand.

Probably why she did not come. 

Taylor Swift's Birthday: See 29 Of Her Sexiest Performance Costumes –  Hollywood Life

Edited by sirineou

FLASH!

Taylor Swift replied through a representative,

"Sorry, but we are not sure if your that little island that maybe or may not be a part of China or if your that place with tanks on the streets.

Anyway, she's too busy now.