Three million baht reward offered for finding missing German businessman

webfact

Hum...I do wish the man well but, he got into a relationship with a (at the time) 19 Yo girl when he was 57?? (in Pattaya?) I mean really...what to expect but the typical "disappearance" or "Accidental" Fall from a balcony or "she took it all and ruined my life and now I survive on crowdfunding"....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Thais , in general , do not like foreigners to make a lot of money in Thailand .

this is absolutely correct .... they despise it ...     they only want you to leave it with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ginner said:

What I don't understand is A Hans Peter Ralter/Walter Mack was arrested in Chonburi 5 years ago for trafficking minors and forcing them into prostitution. If it is the same guy, what is he doing walking the streets of Pattaya????????

Paying off the necessary contacts perhaps?

I wonder what the consequences/ follow up of that arrest were. Was he charged? What was the verdict if any? Or was he 'cautioned' ... for a fee? Or was it all a mistake one wonders (cynically).

Edited by BusyB

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

The location of his mobile phone signal was last traced to Sa Kaeo province in Isaan.

I'd be even more lost if Sa Kaeo suddenly became part of Isaan. It is directly north of Chanthaburi, directly east of Bangkok.

Any 'source' of your story? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/9/2023 at 6:56 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

A 62yo, German, driving a convertible Mercedes Benz, married to a 24yo. 

I often read strange articles through the media regarding foreigners living in Pattaya over the last 20 years, the majority of those strange articles don't have happy endings.

Perhaps he had a happy start and happy ending when his girlfriend was nineteen.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Furioso said:

The location of his mobile phone signal was last traced to Sa Kaeo province in Isaan.

and yet ... 

Late Sunday evening, July 9th, police investigated a home in Pattaya on Soi Chaiyapruek 1 that they stated was the last known rough area where Han’s cell phone signal had originated from. This lead came while following the movements of Han’s car on CCTV and partnership with local cell phone companies.

German businessman remains missing in Thailand

FCA70AFC-3682-4A06-AA77-806354B03F51.png

The family of missing German businessman Hans Peter Ralter Mack, 62, who lived in Chon Buri province, asked the deputy national police chief on Monday to help in locating him. He has been missing for almost a week.

The family has offered a reward of Bt3 million to anyone who can provide information about Mack’s whereabouts.

The man went missing from his home in Bang Lamung district of Chon Buri province, with his Mercedes Benz, on July 4th when he reportedly went to meet a foreign broker in Pattaya, regarding a land deal on Samui Island in Surat Thani province. He has not been heard from since.

#news

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/german-businessman-remains-missing-in-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

What we know so far:

1. Mack met a foreign broker at a dark side restaurant around noon on Tuesday, July 4th. Supposedly about a enormous real estate deal, 700 million baht. 

2. Mack left shortly thereafter in his Mercedes, last known location(via CCTV)on Chaiyaphruek road towards Sukhumvit & Jomtien Beach. 

3. Family reported Mack missing on July 5, offering 3 million baht reward if found alive(interesting). 

4. Mack's Mercedes found at a dark side condo complex on Sunday, 9 July. Witness says it was parked by two young Thai females on Wednesday, 5 July. The females left the vehicle/area rather quickly. 

5. The Mercedes was wiped clean, presumably to get rid of fingerprints/DNA etc. 

6. Supposedly Mack's cell last pinged in Sa Kaeo, near Cambodian border. 

7. Two male foreigners and one Thai lady brought in for questioning over a mysterious/connected 2 million baht transaction. They did not talk, immediately lawyered up. 

Edited by Furioso
minor correction