Pet Friendly Condos in Pattaya

priceyface

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some places don't advertise it, but they make problems for some animals which are small and not noisy. 

Yeah, I've called around to many with numbers on google and elsewhere, some of the above offer 'in unit' only. The only other option is to knock around and ask, hence this post ????. Thanks for the response. Hoping to glean some more condo suggestions on here. 

Edited by priceyface

9 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Some places don't advertise what ?

That they allow pets ?

That they do not allow pets ?

They make problems for small  and not noisy animals ? What about the bigger ones ?

Confusing post .

Too late I discovered that I forget the word "they don't make problems".

Officially I live in a condo with no pets policy. But some people have pets in their units. No problem. 

I think no-pets-policies exists to avoid having noise from pets like dogs. And maybe dirt from them in the public areas. If someone has a rabbit at home that is no problem.

• Haha 2

I'm probably wrong, but I thought the policy of all condominiums was 'No Pets'.

But some bend the rules always.

There's a yappy dog in my friends condo, but the Management ignore it's existence.

Didn't some guy a couple of years back in Bangkok get fined about $3500 for keeping dogs in a condo? anyway it's not hygienic to keep pets in a condo 

I have a friend who rented out her condo for 1 year and the tenants smuggled a cat in which is against the condo rules, that's it the condo is ruined she might have to take up the laminated floor the place stinks of cat pi$$ the curtains are ruined 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My condo has a no pets policy but a few keep pets. I can't see a cat being a problem if you are discreet. One of my neighbours smuggles a small dog in and out for walks  in a backpack.

a cat is a problem the place stinks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I bought my condo after confirming they had a strict no pets policy.  If  a co owner or tenant hsd a cat or dog however small i would not hesitate to report then and insist the management take action  to remove the offending animal . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

My condo has a no pets policy but a few keep pets. I can't see a cat being a problem if you are discreet. One of my neighbours smuggles a small dog in and out for walks  in a backpack.

Apart from the cat smell, they’ll move via other people’s balconies if they are connected. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

For the obvious cat haters here, or those who know next-to-nothing about cats, it’s un-neutered toms that give off a smell and only when they spray. They don’t smell or ‘stink’ otherwise.

Everyday domestic cats that have been doctored are okay and don’t give off bad odours.

maybe not to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are ok with Pratumnak. The Siam Oriental condo's between Soi 4 and 5 are pet friendly. I think there are six buildings on this one little Soi. These are not high end buildings. Most are eight floor low rise style. Livable but not luxury. Keep in mind, that a building might be pet friendly, but it is up to the individual condo owner whether to allow pets or not. Unless you are planning to buy.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 10:19 AM, NextG said:

Apart from the cat smell, they’ll move via other people’s balconies if they are connected. 

You would be have to be completely bonkers to let your cat out on the balcony in the first place!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, geminiman said:

If you are ok with Pratumnak. The Siam Oriental condo's between Soi 4 and 5 are pet friendly. I think there are six buildings on this one little Soi. These are not high end buildings. Most are eight floor low rise style. Livable but not luxury. Keep in mind, that a building might be pet friendly, but it is up to the individual condo owner whether to allow pets or not. Unless you are planning to buy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found Siam too, just after the OG post. Siam had a nice roof/pool/view, but wasn't quite the vibe, and the location was a bit too isolated for mumsy! Just an update, we found a place in Phratamnak that had everything we were looking for (plus not a mega condo, so more communal too) plus the owner was kind enough to offer netting and all kinds of other protections for the balcony/cat (we will decide the best method when we move in, and likely keep the cat indoors mostly anyway).

Shout out to the cat-lover post above too - our cat is female so way cleaner than male cats - they lick their fur more often and spend a lot of time washing, this is due to the fact female cats hunt, that said, she is spayed, so doesn't have that instinct as much anymore, as mentioned, she's a very docile and lovable service cat that wouldn't be an issue whatsoever in a condo - hence the post. ????

A few messages in this thread mentioned pets in condos, but not "official", so I can respect why they may not have shared. Curious to hear more suggestions all the same, and for others in the same situ.

As a rule of thumb for those in the same scenario as me and my mother; it's best to call (plus visit if possible) and ask (as high up the food chain as you can with regards to ownership of the condo) because there are more "pet-friendly" places than the estate agents know of themselves. On the other hand, we've been told of serious fines and potential eviction if caught with a pet in condos that have strict policies.

So you'll have to use your judgement based on these variables. Best of luck!

Edited by priceyface
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Lock yourself in? We're talking about the cat.

And most condos I've stayed in have doors attached to their balcony.

Yes. Some have their balcony doors open. Not everyone lives in a sweat box wherein you need air conditioning to survive. 
Lock yourself in refers to being in your apartment with everything closed meaning neither you nor the cat have  access to the balcony. My balcony doors are very rarely closed. A more natural way of living. 

15 hours ago, priceyface said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I found Siam too, just after the OG post. Siam had a nice roof/pool/view, but wasn't quite the vibe, and the location was a bit too isolated for mumsy! Just an update, we found a place in Phratamnak that had everything we were looking for (plus not a mega condo, so more communal too) plus the owner was kind enough to offer netting and all kinds of other protections for the balcony/cat (we will decide the best method when we move in, and likely keep the cat indoors mostly anyway).

Shout out to the cat-lover post above too - our cat is female so way cleaner than male cats - they lick their fur more often and spend a lot of time washing, this is due to the fact female cats hunt, that said, she is spayed, so doesn't have that instinct as much anymore, as mentioned, she's a very docile and lovable service cat that wouldn't be an issue whatsoever in a condo - hence the post. ????

A few messages in this thread mentioned pets in condos, but not "official", so I can respect why they may not have shared. Curious to hear more suggestions all the same, and for others in the same situ.

As a rule of thumb for those in the same scenario as me and my mother; it's best to call (plus visit if possible) and ask (as high up the food chain as you can with regards to ownership of the condo) because there are more "pet-friendly" places than the estate agents know of themselves. On the other hand, we've been told of serious fines and potential eviction if caught with a pet in condos that have strict policies.

So you'll have to use your judgement based on these variables. Best of luck!

What the name of the condo?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NextG said:

Yes. Some have their balcony doors open. Not everyone lives in a sweat box wherein you need air conditioning to survive. 
Lock yourself in refers to being in your apartment with everything closed meaning neither you nor the cat have  access to the balcony. My balcony doors are very rarely closed. A more natural way of living. 

Okay well I would suggest that anybody who decides to take care of a cat in a condo would have to accept that they can't leave the balcony doors open all day.

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Okay well I would suggest that anybody who decides to take care of a cat in a condo would have to accept that they can't leave the balcony doors open all day.

or stay on a low floor. Not that it’s a issue for a cat. They have good balance. 

16 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That wouldn't prevent the cat from straying onto neighbouring balconies...

Not all balconies are connected in that way and not all cats stray. 
Personally I’m not one for having animals cooped up indoors anyway. 
I do it a bit differently. Taking care of a specific animal/family, in the wild, so to speak. 
Also wildlife in my garden. It’s good to keep a connection with nature. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1