Two Germans Arrested In Murder Of Businessman

webfact

42 minutes ago, Homburg said:

RIP Mr Hans-Peter Mack.  What is surprising in this case is the BIB apparently doing real police work. Amazing Thailand.

Is it that surprising when the victim and their family is wealthy and a 3 million baht reward offered to garner publicity?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Isn't that obvious ? The body will need to be disposed of, bit by bit, arrangements to be taken elsewhere etc. But in the meantime it will start to smell.

There has been other commentary that the freezer wasn't plugged in, its just a box that's big enough to store and transport a body, without raising suspicion

Can't understand them being so daft as to hire a couple to transport the freezer. They got suspicious and contacted the police and I reckon that's what broke the case open.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Suspects in murder of German businessman arrested in Bangkok Tuesday night

image.png

Olaf Thorsten Brinkmann, one of the suspects in the murder of German businessman Hans Peter Mack, was arrested Tuesday night in the On Nut district of Bangkok. He was immediately taken for questioning to Nong-Prue police station in Chonburi province, the district in which Mack’s body was discovered.

Another suspect, Petra Christl Grundgreif, had turned herself in during the afternoon. She is charged as a co-conspirator in the murder and concealing, transporting and dismemberment of a body.

Petra was interrogated for 5 hours, then her visa was cancelled and she was denied bail. She is thought to have acted as a decoy, to lure Mack to his death.

Another suspect in the case is Nicole Frevel, a German National who was renting the house in which the victim’s dismembered body was found. She was interrogated after being released from hospital, where she was treated for an apparently self-inflicted wound on her wrist. She claims to have been forced to keep the freezer in her house and was told to not touch it.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/suspects-in-murder-of-german-businessman-arrested-in-bangkok-tuesday-night/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

Easy to cut up then. Maybe.

no .....  you have to cut the legs off and the head and the arms otherwise it won't fit in the freezer.  The electric chainsaw was the answer for that job.   Cut the chunks small enough to fit into garbage bags then freeze.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am sure if we all keep speculating and making comments of the rather less intellectual kind we shall jointly get to the bottom of this . JfCh , people , get a life and be real. It's one of many criminal cases , top news today, completely different , small print back page story tomorrow. Until the next Oraf strangulates another possibly crooked real estate magnate....Samui, was it?

A few hundred kilometers east or west dozens to hundreds of POOR people get killed for nothing every day, but for the greed and powerhungry juntas and some sadistic fun. Strangely that is rarely worth headlines . Have our priorities gone wrong somewhere?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

[...] arrested Mr. Oraf Thorsten Brinkmann, German, this evening, July 11th, 2023. Oraf, sometimes called Olaf, [...]

This made me chuckle, how a regional issue with correctly pronouncing a consonant relegates his correct name to "also" status.

Also, if you need to make a body disappear, freezers really aren't safe options. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I used to live in this estate they kept him in - in reality its only about 100m from me now. Very cheap estate, 9,000 baht month for 2 bed house, mostly Thais since we moved out. Seems very strange for them to use this house whilst doing multi million $ deals.

Looked it up, about the cheapest type of house you can get, would not pay 9k to live there, slum really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pharoticus said:

I've said this before: if you stay within the law in Thailand and avoid bargirls and others foreigners, you should be safe. 

When meeting foreigners, be VERY cautious. Many or most of them are liars, crooks, scammers, perverts, mentally disturbed, psychopaths / sociopaths, drug addicts, etc. 

Never believe what foreigners tell you. Play it cool. If the foreigner is telling you the truth about his current or former career, it'll become evident soon enough. Don't rush into new friendships or stupid business deals. 

In almost all cases, avoid business deals with Thais. Keep yourself to yourself and you won't go wrong. 

Be happy! Enjoy Thailand.  

So to summarize, your suggesting not to have contact (more or less) with anyone other than maybe some necessary food vendors, otherwise just keep yourself to yourself for general safety reasons, and then you should be happy, thus leading to lots of enjoyment in LOS?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

to get his money from his account ?

This one.

The authorities already said Mr. Mack's accounts had been the subject of multiple 200,000 transfers, some of which went to Olaf's account.

So kidnapping, with self-ransom. Quite frequent here.

When the police are involved in the kidnapping, the victim usually survives. Bike gangs, maybe not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If she isn't a suspect why was there an arrest warrant?

I'm under the impression, from Thai articles, that Ms. Grundgreif was the person who lured Mack into a place where he could be grabbed?

The other woman involved sounds like she was just living at the fridge house, and that she may have attempted suicide?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Yea....They could tell the police, he sliped on a banana peel and accidentally cut his body into pieces and then fell into a freezer.......Its all just one big accident..

Red , you just made my day.I love your response to the mundane question..lol

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The freezing is the strange part of this story......Why the heck would anyone want to freeze a body?

Presumably as a means of storage until investigations and searches have subsided and then to quietly dispose of it later. Seems like the only logical reason, but I could be wrong. 

Edited by Hokeus
Corrections
  • Like 1