EC sends Pita shareholding case to Charter Court

webfact

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Yes, I see your point but I think they can do so only if it were against the law. For instance, the question was raised whether Pita's books were media. This would make Stephen King/Tomayanti journalists so i don't believe it can be used. 

Having said that, what else could they find? 

Facebook posts! Social media - that's publishing media, no? There's no end to this utter tomfoolery. Wasting the court's time, but I guess they have nothing better to do. I can't understand the legal procedure here. Surely Pita's lawyers should have had an opportunity to petition the court for "No case to answer" or some such before it was kicked upstairs? Something radically wrong with the legal process.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Otter3737 said:

By definiton Books are literature  which in turn are media  and by the leter of the law is not allowed  the law does not care about Stephen King/Tomayanti

Hey, wait a minute. Owning shares in a media company and publishing a book are 2 very different things. Anyone who has ever had an article published in a newspaper, and there must be hundreds of politicians who have, would be at risk of accusations otherwise. Or giving an interview on TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Facebook posts! Social media - that's publishing media, no? There's no end to this utter tomfoolery. Wasting the court's time, but I guess they have nothing better to do. I can't understand the legal procedure here. Surely Pita's lawyers should have had an opportunity to petition the court for "No case to answer" or some such before it was kicked upstairs? Something radically wrong with the legal process.

Methinks, the biggest misconception is view this as an issue centered around governmental politics, and to perhaps believe that democracy is regarded as supreme- it certainly isn't in the real corridors of power, and for that matter the average Somchai isn't so bothered either.  On the latter, yes, Thais would rather like democracy but not if upholding it requires effort.  MF will have to get more than a few hundred waving placards - a million or two more like. Snow will fall, as the Thais say. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Caretaker Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam, the gov't’s top legal advisor, said if MFP party leader #Pita was ruled unqualified to endorse his party’s candidates for the May election, the polls could be nullified and a new election called.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1679107174369480704

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Hey, wait a minute. Owning shares in a media company and publishing a book are 2 very different things. Anyone who has ever had an article published in a newspaper, and there must be hundreds of politicians who have, would be at risk of accusations otherwise. Or giving an interview on TV.

you are correct  welome to Thailand

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Caretaker Deputy PM Wissanu Krea-ngam, the gov't’s top legal advisor, said if MFP party leader #Pita was ruled unqualified to endorse his party’s candidates for the May election, the polls could be nullified and a new election called.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1679107174369480704

But move Forward will be disbanded, so can't participate.

3 minutes ago, Toolong said:

If it is against aseannow policy to allow posts that appear to encourage acts of civil disobedience that may include acts of violence that result in physical harm to parties involved or not involved in such acts, then I suppose it's more than likely moderators my disallow my comments and perhaps rightly so, but it's impossible for me to resist sincerely declaring that I think, sadly, that the only option for all those Thais justifiably outraged at the establishment's barefaced disregard of proper principles.....is an unprecedentedly large uprising against it. United in the single imperative of doing what is right,

including they who wear red, yellow, orange or any darned colour, but all Thais of reason who may have become more enlightened by the whole ugly mess. 

And boy, is it ugly. Ugly, wrong, unacceptable. ????

I agree but does not need to be violence      a General strke

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, and it is the second which really takes my breath away. This was filed by "activist lawyer" Theerayut Suwannakaysorn, accusing the MFP of attempting to overthrow the democratic system, based on the MFP's declared aim of attempting to amend Section 112 of the criminal code.

Only in the Thai version of democracy could this happen for reasons we are not allowed to mention. But there we have it. Without amending 112 it seems there will never be an end to this, nor a way forward for democracy in Thailand.

I think the outcome is the possibility of a crippled and unstable civilian government dictated to by a band of unelected elites. Under the 2017 Constitution, Thailand’s political future does not look promising, and years away from democricy.

25 minutes ago, Otter3737 said:

In an ideal situation, yes, Otter, and if such a thing did happen, with a successful outcome, then I should know what true contentment is. 

But you are right, in a way, I don't dispute that. Just a little naive, perhaps (????).

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The stupidity is unlimited in Thailand....The EC think they are smart by waiting till the day before the PM election to decide... But they don't have a clue about the reactions...As I said earlier this week tomorrow 13th July PM elections but the 14th of July France National Holiday... Thailand will follow soon

100% sadly.... I predict all out war.

Pita complains of unfair treatment by the Election Commission

CFF2F7DC-30A1-4AB2-9F18-F56A955D5072.png

Move Forward party leader Pita Limjaroenrat claimed today (Wednesday) that he has been unfairly treated by the Election Commission (EC), with its decision to submit the iTV share case to the Constitutional Court for consideration, without giving him a chance to defend himself.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1300487-pita-complains-of-unfair-treatment-by-the-election-commission/

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Otter3737 said:

Which will only hurt the general public, lack of food, water, transportation, utilities, etc. 

It will not hurt the powerful in the slightest, in fact, the public may actually want them back to get the necessities again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hughrection said:

Correct, the new rule set up by Prayut's crowd allows a non-MP to be prime minister. If they pull Pit's MP status, he can still be put forward as the new PM. ????

But ... but ... but ... he already said he has quit politics.  

1 hour ago, Otter3737 said:

I don't agree, there is an overwhelming need for change and change cannot happen when the politicians, senators, judiciary, police and military are all completely corrupt

The only thing that will change them is blood on the streets and a complete root and branch change then string the horrible robbing bastards up so the next lot think twice

Violence should always be a last resort but I reckon there is absolutely no other option, they have shown they have zero respect for democracy or the will of the people...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toolong said:

If it is against aseannow policy to allow posts that appear to encourage acts of civil disobedience that may include acts of violence that result in physical harm to parties involved or not involved in such acts, then I suppose it's more than likely moderators my disallow my comments and perhaps rightly so, but it's impossible for me to resist sincerely declaring that I think, sadly, that the only option for all those Thais justifiably outraged at the establishment's barefaced disregard of proper principles.....is an unprecedentedly large uprising against it. United in the single imperative of doing what is right,

including they who wear red, yellow, orange or any darned colour, but all Thais of reason who may have become more enlightened by the whole ugly mess. 

And boy, is it ugly. Ugly, wrong, unacceptable. ????

Nobody on here will be manning the barricades. Anyone tempted to should desist; photo recognition seems to work here.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Pita's lawyers should have had an opportunity to petition the court for "No case to answer"

Absolutely. In fact I wonder why his lawyers have not given him better legal advice from the beginning, such as return the shares or give them to the relative his father had instructed him to give them in the will. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, champers said:

Nobody on here will be manning the barricades. Anyone tempted to should desist; photo recognition seems to work here.

wait till the holidays at the end of he month.. With Thanatorn they started, this time there is already a lot of unrest in the whole country... and tomorrow we all know what will happen and it will not be acepted