Thai-China Collaboration to Address Chinese Criminal Activities in Thailand

webfact

Thai-China pact amplifies crackdown on Chinese fugitives in Thailand
by Mitch Connor

image.jpeg
Most-wanted Chinese officials who have fled overseas, Image courtesy of China Daily

A recent agreement between Thai and Chinese law enforcement signals an increased effort to crack down on Chinese criminals who have sought refuge in Thailand. Policymakers from both nations are keen on bolstering cooperation in dealing with significant instances of Chinese criminals fleeing from China to Thailand to evade apprehension.

High-ranking officials of the Thai Immigration Bureau (IB), directed by Pakpoompipat Sajjapan, visited China with the purpose of discussing matters pertaining to international crimes involving Chinese nationals. This visit followed instructions delivered by the national police chief, Damrongsak Kittiprapas. Sajjapan headed to Kunming to conduct discourse with both China’s Ministry of Public Security (MPS) and Yunan province’s Public Security Department, in addition to related organizations, spanning from the previous Saturday till yesterday.

Phanthana Nutchanart, the IB’s deputy director, commented that the dialogues with Chinese officials were instigated by constant accounts of Chinese criminals fleeing to and committing crimes in Thailand. Reports were exchanged between the IB and Chinese authorities concerning these criminals with the objective of improving collaboration between the two nations.

In these discussions, the panels agreed to share information regarding Chinese suspects who could potentially flee to Thailand or have any connection with the nation. The Chinese authorities also pledged to deliver a list of their most wanted suspects to the Thailand IB to monitor their locations and incorporate that data into the IB’s alert system.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-china-pact-amplifies-crackdown-on-chinese-fugitives-in-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The collaboration seeks to prevent and curb the influx of individuals with a criminal history into Thailand, through airports and various border checkpoints. The focus was also on capturing those with arrest warrants from China

Best of luck with that.

The crooks will follow the BRI around the globe, except Thailand has an open back door to China.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

That list of supposed criminals from China is most likely nothing more than persons the CCP are afraid wii expose all the spying and other illicit things the Chinese are perpetrating around the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Thailand seems to attract the worst people from all over the world......

Don't think so....look USA, Germany, France.....Thailand has less crime and is safer

Wonderful!

China probably already has opened secret police stations in every major city in the LoS, and the "criminals" they have been monitoring are all somehow called "dissidents" and "human rights activists" by other countries.

All this agreement will do is so China can use Thai police to arrest dissidents for deportation back to China.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm no expert, but it seems this is where the "agents" system becomes an even more serious issue. If I can use money to have an agent appear for me at Immigration and guarantee an outcome (I don't) then any criminal from around the world can do the same. What if these sort had to each appear in person in front of an officer and answer random questions while the officer searches the data base on the desktop computer? Does anyone talk about how the agent system helps bad guys hide, or are they all just there to look like they are doing something?

Agents prepare paperwork.  They do not appear at immigration offices in place of foreigners.  The agents do not help people hide.  You posted that you do not use an agent.  I believe you since you have no idea what an agent does.

• Haha 1

Thailand will end up like the situation in Cambodia where the Thai/Cambodian police detain them at the request of the Chinese government and then when there is enough of them in custody, the Chinese send a plane to collect them with two military guards to one prisoner ratio.

It removes the problem for the host country and China gets hold of various gangs and outlaws, who are dealing in every crime possible and imaginable from abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They already have overseas police stations. Those non-criminal arrests are CCP dissenters eg the HK bookshop owner in Pattaya not log ago. This new move will definitely seal China's overseas long arm influence in Thailand for anyone speaking out against the regime. Bad news from that perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm no expert, but it seems this is where the "agents" system becomes an even more serious issue. If I can use money to have an agent appear for me at Immigration and guarantee an outcome (I don't) then any criminal from around the world can do the same. What if these sort had to each appear in person in front of an officer and answer random questions while the officer searches the data base on the desktop computer? Does anyone talk about how the agent system helps bad guys hide, or are they all just there to look like they are doing something?

Why blame the agents ? These people are very unlikely to use an agent to hide in Thailand and run the risk of being a biometric prisoner or being found to have a false passport. Maybe it would be better to blame the biometric system and passport checking first.

On 7/8/2023 at 12:37 AM, BarraMarra said:

Easy to answer their either Prostitutes or not. The reason i posted this is a Snowflake is trying to convince me there " Just doing it for family " My bullet is she taking monety for sexual favours.

Definitely the girls do it to support there families/kids.

200 baht a day working in Issan won't buy anything and you'll end up in debt.  That's even if there is work.

You'd have to actually have experience living in Thailand to realize this.

A few days holiday in Boyztown doesn't count though. 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thumbs Up 1

It shows how bad the chinese supposedly are if they are allowing convicted criminal's to leave the country and export their criminality to other countries.

So much for the big brother state or perhaps it's deliberate...

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Definitely the girls do it to support there families/kids.

200 baht a day working in Issan won't buy anything and you'll end up in debt.  That's even if there is work.

You'd have to actually have experience living in Thailand to realize this.

A few days holiday in Boyztown doesn't count though. 

In Bangkok and in the South are a lot of higher paying jobs if you want to work....we couldn't find any cleaning woman for office...one that does cleaning not only chating and playing on the mobile phone.

I know for dive shops that they searched for female diver, would pay the complete courses to get the skills.

I know from a German restaurant which offered a high salary if some service girl is willing to learn basic German.

In the south they pay the good labor from Myanmar 450-550 Baht + hire their wifes as well as they can't find any Thai people who work for that money (and come ever day sober).