Pita’s chance of becoming next prime minister shrinks on eve of Parliamentary vote

webfact

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Tripped at the last fence...

I feel really sorry for the Thai people who want change...

maybe they have to do more than vote to get change, seems that never works,

Time to step up and make a noise.

Noose

Tactically, with Pita out of the way, the junta will be looking to dissolve Move Forward Party next. Supporting a change to 112 has made this a death match. Recordings of their rallies in which they discussed changing 112 could be used to show lese majeste. 

The People(tm) may demonstrate. The army will shrug its (well-armed) shoulders..

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

No....not a fan from the current government, but the Yingluck government was by far the worst....even worse than Abhisit....

Rice Scam, that cost huge amounts to the farmer and the country.

mismanagement from the floods, with warehouses full of help that was not distributed, so China started to hand out help direct to the Thai army.

Chalerm giving interviews full drunk

real fighting on the klongs on where to flood and where to protect

while everyone is in the water to the neck they built a wood construction so Yingluck could walk over the people with her designer boots.

she complete clueless.....can't even speaking numbers in Thai.....

That was as bad as if you would let someone like Anutin manage Covid :crazy:....(by thinking about that I retract "far worse" and replace it with "as bad")

Yes, I was out of my house for three months, because big Ag in Nakhon Pathom arranged to protect themselves by redirecting the flood into Phutthamonthon. Rice pledge was poorly administered but not a bad idea. At least I didn't wake up half the year with PM2.5 air in the danger zone. And did I just see on Saksith Saiyasombut's Twitter that some guy from BJT just said something about proposing a law that would allow people (I guess just anybody) to shoot those who insult the you know what?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

They just can't handle that someone else may get their snouts in the trough! Thailand Inc!

It's also their demand for the glorification of the military, they must be seen / continue to be seen as the leaders of the country regardless of any other processes. That's how they see it.

Seems to me, unfortunately, there's a good chance nothing is going to change until somehow the senate is NOT a play room / a glorification facility for the military.

Will it need another new constitution? And how would the new constitution be approved other than with violence - military vs the public?

So sad and so disrespectful to the good citizens of Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Yes, I was out of my house for three months, because big Ag in Nakhon Pathom arranged to protect themselves by redirecting the flood into Phutthamonthon. Rice pledge was poorly administered but not a bad idea. At least I didn't wake up half the year with PM2.5 air in the danger zone. And did I just see on Saksith Saiyasombut's Twitter that some guy from BJT just said something about proposing a law that would allow people (I guess just anybody) to shoot those who insult the you know what?

yes they redirect so the important people keep dry....we closed everything with concrete sealed the production machines in plastic and pumped.....with a check every 1-2 hours day and night.....in Thaveewattana

Afterwards were 400 CNC mills for sale....don't know western digital or seagate.....one of the harddisk producer was flooded. that must be some damage....don't know if these are repairable at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Does anyone know what time this vote is going to complete by?

I read somewhere 5PM but I am neither sure if that is true nor if that is a hard deadline or just an estimate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may be wrong, but I think the yellow establishment may let him get elected PM, and then find a way to nail him later using the numerous ways put to this aim into the Constitution.

It's too early for them as they are not ready to cope with it. The yellow-green network has lost its traditional popular support in Bangkok, and the army corps stationed in Bangkok are not under the direct authority of the army chief any more.

Edited by candide

3 minutes ago, candide said:

I may be wrong, but I think they may let him get elected, and then find a way to nail him later using the numerous ways put to this aim into the Constitution.

I doubt it......I think they'll vote for someone else and than find a way to nail that someone else....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Welcome to the fortress:

Jonathan Head

@pakhead

·

Bizarre, slightly disturbing tactic by the Thai authorities outside parliament. Do they really think they can conceal the fact that they’ve had to barricade the country’s parliament because of the move to block the party that won the May election from power?

Quote Tweet

·

Thai authorities covered the shipping container, which was placed around the parliament building, with cloth sheets depicting tourist destinations in Thailand, in order to block demonstrations today This is a country that claims to be a “democracy”

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1679363810157826048

Never had that claim to fame.

It is said Pita needs 376 out of 250 + 500. But what if - as is being suggested - most of the senators abstain and so do many of the non-coalition MPs? If the 312 coalition votes are all he gets but that's a majority of those who actually vote, does that get him over the line?

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Good move of the EC, the senators, and the dinosaurs.... The TAT will not be happy as there are warnings already from the Embassies.. Do they really think that tourists will book a holiday with this threat of demonstrations, political unrest, and maybe more?? Did these people think that they can do the same as with Futere Forward?? We are 4 years further and people don't accept it.. The French stormed the Bastille, as they had a similar situation.. 

Except that the French had a similar situation with a president that is "young and handsome", just like Pita is...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

It is said Pita needs 376 out of 250 + 500. But what if - as is being suggested - most of the senators abstain and so do many of the non-coalition MPs? If the 312 coalition votes are all he gets but that's a majority of those who actually vote, does that get him over the line?

no he needs 376.....I got told, if it is true that he needs that number even if for example some are sick. If there are only 720 there, he still need 376 votes.

Don't know if it is true...

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

It's also their demand for the glorification of the military, they must be seen / continue to be seen as the leaders of the country regardless of any other processes. That's how they see it.

Seems to me, unfortunately, there's a good chance nothing is going to change until somehow the senate is NOT a play room / a glorification facility for the military.

Will it need another new constitution? And how would the new constitution be approved other than with violence - military vs the public?

So sad and so disrespectful to the good citizens of Thailand.

After having been living for over two years in Thailand already, I can say that what is so sad and so disrespectful to the good citizens are mostly those stupid fat bellies from North America and Northern Europe like those in Hua Hin, like one stupid old entitled boomer from Scandinavia taking 3 seats in the Songthaew with his fat ass, and not even willing to move a little bit aside to let local people sit down. Or like that stupid German recently in the BTS who did not want to let people in, just because "der Herr" needed his private sphere!

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rachel de France said:

Except that the French had a similar situation with a president that is "young and handsome", just like Pita is...

They still have the problem

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, h90 said:

which is now

It's on TV now, at this rate it's going to take hours as they're going through them one by one. Only 10 votes cast so far

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

Time for a coffee or two me thinks:

#โหวตนายก 15.55h: The vote for a Prime Minster is a roll call of all 500 MPs and 250 Senators (in alphabetical order), as they have to publicly declare whether they approve

@Pita_MFP

as PM or not. Abstentions count as “no”. Pita needs at least 376 or more votes to be confirmed.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1679414585424748544

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rachel de France said:

The Bastille was a few years earlier Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette

51 minutes ago, h90 said:

no he needs 376.....I got told, if it is true that he needs that number even if for example some are sick. If there are only 720 there, he still need 376 votes.

Don't know if it is true...

Yes, I've just seen that too in a Bangkok Post article. It means that the senators (and non-coalition MPs) can prevent any useful voting by simply abstaining. That would be the way to elicit a second candidate from a favoured source ...

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, I've just seen that too in a Bangkok Post article. It means that the senators (and non-coalition MPs) can prevent any useful voting by simply abstaining. That would be the way to elicit a second candidate from a favoured source ...

Or MPs....and not only abstaining...call in and say you get a positive covid case.....neither side can blame you for voting wrong....