Indian Tourist Drowns at Pattaya Hotel Pool

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — An Indian tourist has drowned at a hotel pool in Pattaya.

According to local media, the tourist, who was not identified by authorities to the press as they were waiting to contact his family, went for a swim in a hotel pool seemingly without realizing its depth.

It is suspected that he could not swim because a CCTV camera at the pool showed that the tourist was struggling to stay afloat before eventually submerging to the bottom of the pool.

The tragic accident happened at a hotel in Pattaya on July 11th, whose name was withheld pending a further investigation. During the incident, other tourists were present in the pool area but were unaware of the Indian tourist’s drowning.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/13/indian-tourist-drowns-at-pattaya-hotel-pool/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

Sad that no one could help him, people sitting there watching him drown, 

safety is not high on the agenda in Thailand hardly ever see any markings like Deep end or the Depth, we own a condo and we have 2, 25m pools the only sign i see is "This pool is not supervised" but there is life belts one at either end, survival of the fittest i think, 

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’m not sure that you would have found it quite so amusing had someone made such a callous remark with regard to your friend. 

My comment is a possible theory....don,t rule it out. 

A good amount of Thai people do not know how to swim.  I taught girlfriends child so hopefully this will not happen.  Additionally he can now teach other friends how to swim.  Condolences to family and friends of the deceased.  Man probably came for Holiday and good time and the worst happened.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Is that the Natural Beach Hotel?

That people did not notice someone drowning is not particularly surprising. 

Think you are right, stayed there many times many years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

If this happened in the US or any other industrialized country, there would be consequences but not in Thailand....Swim at your own risk!

Which he did, up the deep end when he couldn't swim.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nupersoodles said:

Possibly could have survived had he known to just lay on his back and remain calm, unless of course he was one of the unlucky few who have unsuaully high muscle and/or bone density.

Exactly, float on back and relax. Body floats. Then push down every now and then. Nothing to it.

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

I'd say it's beyond sad.

I am completely flabbergasted that with 3 people within 5 metres of this guy no-one either saw or heard him struggling or saw a person sinking/resting on the bottom of the pool. Just stunned !

I'm amazed an adult can drown in a pool unless alone and heart attack. For heavens sake learn the floating technique. They teach it to 4yos+.

14 minutes ago, bignok said:

I'm amazed an adult can drown in a pool unless alone and heart attack. For heavens sake learn the floating technique. They teach it to 4yos+.

You are nothing if not easily amazed...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bignok said:

Well it is pretty sad adults can't swim. Even without lessons you could google how to float. I learnt to swim age 4. 

It’s sad when you assume that everyone is like you. 

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Condescending and ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indians are like Thai's they are not good swimmers and down here in phuket it will happen at least once a week, they other day 2 young kids i know for sure one is dead not sure if the other as survived,