infections between leg

h90

49 minutes ago, h90 said:

I guess I didn't sit on any sofa since years :cheesy:

Either sit on the bicycle, sit on the table eating, sit in the office working, or sleeping. Or read a book in the bed because to tired to sit :cheesy:.

Before I drank a lot beer, but now with the many hours bicycle I am too tired to it, fall asleep at 6PM, which results that I am finished tired at 2AM. Than what else to do in the morning than bicycle...so the cycle begins new.....

Might sound complete crazy but for sure more healthy than drinking every evening like most in my age do.....

You can drink beer and cycle too. :)

No underpants with your bike shorts, but you probably know this already.

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

You can drink beer and cycle too. ????

No energy for beer anymore......With the Thai beers it isn't that much of a loss anyway. Fun fact...if I bicycle and drink 2 large beer every evening, I get an ever increasing muscle ache in the calfs (over days). Without beer not.....I have no rational explanation.....maybe minerals that the beer wash out more??

yes I have perfect bike shorts......but I suspect that some of the cheap Chinese are more likely to cause problems than the more expensive ones but I am not sure about that.

3 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

I would get irritated and rashy on my inner biceps and thighs when I started running.  I started rubbing Vaseline into the area before running and it fixed the issue. 

I heard of men getting problems on the nipples from the TShirt when running.....I never got anything from that (but once a fatigue fracture).

Will try Vaseline as well on the bicycle...thanks for the idea!

1 hour ago, h90 said:

I would not notice them (or it, usually just 1), if they would not be exactly on the pressure point on the saddle. And with every movement of the leg it really takes out the fun from it,,,

The good news is, it will burst eventually.

14 minutes ago, h90 said:

now mine never burst...they get slowly smaller.....

That's typical, no worries. Sometimes they burst, sometimes they just go away temporarily, but then fill up again months later. Been going through it for many years.

In the area you are describing it sounds like jock itch.  Which is. A rash and itchy., caused by moisture. Or it could be chafing from the apparatus you are using. 
It will reoccur if the area is not cleaned in a reasonable amount of time. If it’s jock itch. If it’s chafing it will reoccur from the motion you are doing. 
Try an anti fungal cream.  If it doesn’t work you need to see a doctor, preferably a dermatologist.  Because it could be anything without a diagnosis from a medical professional.  

Had something like this too.

Go commando!

Toss the underwear and socks for maximum ventilation and give the boys the freedom of movement they deserve.

Wear one layer of oversized loose cotton shorts, change twice daily, and wash everything frequently with a bit of bleach (Haiter).

Alternate the creams suggested above daily, antifungal, then next day antibacterial.

Should keep it under control.

12 hours ago, actonion said:

A similar problem was found  by an Urologist  who prescribed  " Canestan" anti  fungal cream available at  most big pharmacies,  that worked for me 

DERAHEU is a multi purpose cream, effective for fungal infections, works for me.

56 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Had something like this too.

Go commando!

Toss the underwear and socks for maximum ventilation and give the boys the freedom of movement they deserve.

Wear one layer of oversized loose cotton shorts, change twice daily, and wash everything frequently with a bit of bleach (Haiter).

Alternate the creams suggested above daily, antifungal, then next day antibacterial.

Should keep it under control.

I know in Australia medical institutes linked to sports organizations push sports people and their coaches, trainers etc., to never use sports clothes and underwear made from polyester type fabrics, pure 100% cotton only. 

Edited by scorecard

5 hours ago, h90 said:

I once tried tiger balm.....an experience you won't forget.....

I recall early days in nationla service.

One new recruit decided to mr.smart guy and refuse orders on everything. He soon got the resy of the platoon very annoyed and got a couple of severe beatings.

He kept it up. One of the training sergeants suggested

- Buy some toothpaste with aa strong anti everything additive, hold him down in he shower, pull his u'wear down and rub all the toothpaste into his hangers.

They did, he was in sever pain for a few hours.

From next day he complied without comment to every order.

Also heard of old fashione show polish being used same way, that also apparently brings severe pain. 

10 hours ago, h90 said:

yes sure from the cycling....Coconut oil might be easier to source...will try that first...thanks!

I buy coconut oil, usually at Big C, but it's stocked at many local stores, even most pharmacies.

I buy the clear "100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil" for around 300 baht per 500ml bottle. 

The brownish colored coconut oil is much cheaper, processed, and mostly used for cooking. 

Back in the days I used tea tree oil

Found this

Coconut oil contains caprylic acid which helps to kill off the fungus, and tea tree oil and manuka oil both have potent antifungal properties. rub the coconut oil on your hand until it becomes oily, then add 1-2 drops of either manuka oil or tea tree oil and mix together in your hands

5 ways to treat fungal infections

https://iguchinaturalhealth.co.nz/5-simple-ways-to-treat-fungal-infections/

11 hours ago, carlyai said:

I was thinking this is a likely problem

OP...Do you use cycling shorts?

Lots of folks indoor cycle in regular shorts & underwear & end up with rashes etc

22 hours ago, h90 said:

I sit on a kind of bicycle at home something at least 10 hours per week, maybe 15.

From time to time I get some acne like infection, mostly where the leg is connected with the rest of the body.

It seems to be not direct on the surface, but "inside" the skin/below the skin and therefor it does not react very good to cream. And than sitting on it 2 hours every day is not helpful as well.

Any idea on how to treat it more efficient? (Years ago I tried tiger balm.....that can not be used in this area....)

Use a hair dryer to get it as dry as possible, then apply dermacombin liberally. Keep at it and if it's anything like what I had (it sounds like it) it will disappear.

dermacombin.jpg

15 hours ago, Trippy said:

That's typical, no worries. Sometimes they burst, sometimes they just go away temporarily, but then fill up again months later. Been going through it for many years.

I thought they go away and new come weeks or month later.....but you could be right and it is the same ones again....I don't know....If I would do enough stretching I could look at them but so it is a bit hard

9 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Try chilli powder.  It might not cure it, but it will take your mind off of the spots. ????

I tried tiger balm already.....Better than marijuana.....after the pain goes away you can lay flat on the bed and be only happy to be still alive ????.

And it also removes all urges for sex......

• Haha 2