Heavy Rain Warning Issued for July 16-20

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (TNA) – More rains are likely across the country while isolated heavy to very heavy rains are possible across the country from July 16 to 20, according to the meteorological department.

People should beware of severe conditions that may cause flash floods and overflows especially along waterways and lowlands and take more caution in thundershowers in the North, the Northeast, the Central including Bangkok and its vicinity, the East and the South regions.

From 16 to 20 July, the strong monsoon trough will move down to the North, the Northeast and the upper Central. Meanwhile, the strong southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea, the South of Thailand and the Gulf.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-1207182

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-07-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, brommers said:

In the last 3 months not one cumulative centimetre of rain has fallen in my suburb.

That must be some Chiang Mai suburb you live in. While their forecasts have been generally wrong, yesterdays late afternoon squall line was a nice dump. Good to get a serious downpour rather than those middle of the night thunder & lightning line squalls from this last week. Those did fill the moats to brimming though.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I live in Padaet in Chiang Mai and yesterday (14th) we had 21mm (2.1cm) rain at my house. My weather station records show 28.5mm on the 3rd and 10.5mm on the 10th plus a few small falls other days.

You must live in a very dry part of Chiang Mai.

Certainly not anything substantial in the Chang phueak area. Haven’t seen much but a couple torrents and some sprinkles. The small rain clouds breaking up in the higher elevations and are hit miss in the valley. These have been wimpy monsoonal troughs at this point in the season.

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

No rain in my neck of the woods, Pattaya, drier than a dry thing on a dry day.

Yep, keep dragging my hose pipe out to  top up my little pool..... not annoying the neighbours by pumping excess down the street. 

Is this the same meteorological team the warned of an unseasonably dry-as-a-bone July? 

The irony, not the humidity, is stifling.....as it's been raining everyday [as it should this time of year/heavy at times] in this region for the month of July - and looks as if will remain this way throughout the month.....'til the "second wave" kicks in by August thru October. 

Experts. 

????