Online calls for boycott of senators’ businesses top trending overnight

webfact

8 hours ago, Billybaroo said:

Whether it is Lesse Majeste or $$$, it still would likely push recalcitrant Senators to vote, "No". 

Yes true, but the junta Senators hide behind their so-called "Thainesss" to seem respectable ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

That would take some work but a random bit of googling by me shows that at least some have Facebook or other links.

Nice work.  People who invest in running hookers and smuggling yaba often post those details on Facebook.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

The list of senators and how they voted is no big secret. The results of the voting have been published in many news outlets. The voting was even broadcast live on television. The BBC Thai has a good video of Pitas supporters listenening to the voting. Very sad and many tears. For those that say Thais don't care they should take note.

https://www.bbc.com/thai/live/thailand-66177028

Full list is here :

https://www.springnews.co.th/news/election66/841046

As to how these senators make their money , that would be a more interesting link altogether.

This breaks my heart. Brought tears to my eyes. ????

You don’t have to say anything.  Just give the general public information on the businesses owned by certain people and government officials.  There is no need to comment, then you don’t get in trouble.  It’s actually a benefit to the owners that their businesses are given free advertising.  Everyone will know their business acumen is great!

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thai social media is seeing the hashtag #เมียน้อยสว (senator’s mistress) trending, calling on people to gather information on senators’ extramarital affairs.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1680427035838255105

Perhaps that is a start. The wife would likely not care, as she knows she is married to a serpent anyway. But, the kids, the family, that might be embarrassing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The senators protect the so called Democracy, and Monarchy, and Religion of Thailand.

But when I read a story of a senator on another website Chada Thaised, than suddenly the whole bunch of senators get a different spotlight and I am wondering why these culprits have the possibility to have a seat or even a vote. Probably more like him.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chada-thaised-ferocious-opponent-of-pitas-pm-bid-has-a-dark-and-violence-racked-history/

Edited by ikke1959
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Nazis tried that with Jewish businesses. Didn’t end well for them. As much as most people dislike the those senators, it is law. Change the law and do it the right way. 

Sadly the law is set up to protect them.

Ignoring the law would be a better option.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I thought about that. What if not a single Thai showed up for work for a week after the election results? Imagine the impact that might have had? I realize the people who can least afford to lose their jobs, represent a majority. But, it does take guts to change the future of your nation. 

Workers can't risk jobs. Economy sour for ten years. It's not easy landing FT , proper employment.

Besides, I presume many business owners in BKK voted MFP

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. This is serious stuff. Let them know the extent to which they have crossed the line. When their kids come home crying, and their wives complain of being badly treated, it just might hit home. Time to defect. 

Nobody gets a pass. You defy the will of the people at your own peril! 

This is when the upper crud reaps the historic cultural benefits of ingrained deference, politeness and reverence for faux status trumps. It's literally against the Thai nature both internal and public

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

That would take some work but a random bit of googling by me shows that at least some have Facebook or other links.

I also did a random bit of googling on various generals on that list of senators. You don't have to look too far to see they have a history of suppressing democracy, freedom of information and speech. 

What is needed is an organisation dedicated to collating news clippings and freely available news to make a dosier on each and every senator and make these dosiers freely available to the public online. The people deserve to have it all laid out before them to see for themselves the extent of the machinations and nepotism they are suffering under.

I think President Lincoln put it nicely :

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

I should add as a caveat that such action has been anticipated and to prevent it , last year a new law came into force, the new Personal Data Protection Act ( PDPA ) which stipulates that pictures and videos etc can be used for personal purposes but they must not cause damage to anyone.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thai social media is seeing the hashtag #เมียน้อยสว (senator’s mistress) trending, calling on people to gather information on senators’ extramarital affairs.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1680427035838255105

Now that is absolutely genius!!! make those maggots lives as uncomfortable as possible, I am blown away by whoever thought this one up....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Denim said:

I also did a random bit of googling on various generals on that list of senators. You don't have to look too far to see they have a history of suppressing democracy, freedom of information and speech. 

What is needed is an organisation dedicated to collating news clippings and freely available news to make a dosier on each and every senator and make these dosiers freely available to the public online. The people deserve to have it all laid out before them to see for themselves the extent of the machinations and nepotism they are suffering under.

I think President Lincoln put it nicely :

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

I should add as a caveat that such action has been anticipated and to prevent it , last year a new law came into force, the new Personal Data Protection Act ( PDPA ) which stipulates that pictures and videos etc can be used for personal purposes but they must not cause damage to anyone.

IMHO Thailand has reached the point where the government, military, HiSos et al cannot fool all of the people all of the time anymore, and the Thai people are now starting to push back.

• Like 1