How to deal with a Thai woman?

bob smith

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just about every girl I know who works in a bar makes more then a British pensioner.

British pension is what around 30k baht a month?  What a sad joke. 

I guess you don't know many girls then, because the majority barely makes that. Not to mention that it is obvious that this can only be earned for a limited duration, nothing will be saved up usually, no retirement is build up etc etc etc etc.

If you put that in perspective, even girls earning 50K in reality only earn 15K, if they would save it up accordingly to the limiting factors such as age, in that job. Not to mention they are usually wasted after doing that, never can do a normal job again + health issues of years long drinking shots and more.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

where you there???

what a ridiculous reply. 

You need a hobby, something a bit more interesting that arguments over the unsubstantiated unwinable subject you chose.

Painting by numbers could be good ...

By the way, perhaps it's a successful bar and the mamasan already earns more than you?

• Like 2

If a girl was not ignorant and naive in the first place, they would not be in a bar anymore. So you can expect to get the BS stories if discussing certain subjects with these ladies, let alone a mama san. 

I recall a similar conversation between a guy and 2 girls in a bar recently, who thought that if they married in Thailand, they automatically would get everything if the foreigner died, even if this was money or wealth in other countries and bought / earned before marriage.

They kicked him out too after he told them to be wrong, it seemed like this broke their dreams or something. One just got married and was the mamasan / owner.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

One of the most valuable lessons I ever learned was to not try to win an argument with ignorance, manifested as a human. I just let them believe in their bizarre notions. 

Of course she was wrong. It is all about merit. A smart, ambitious and creative gal should be able to ascend to the highest levels she can.

And there are times when a woman can and should pay, or at least split the bill. No honey, no money. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just about every girl I know who works in a bar makes more then a British pensioner.

British pension is what around 30k baht a month?  What a sad joke. 

They are a lot better looking than you, and have equipment you don't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If a girl was not ignorant and naive in the first place, they would not be in a bar anymore. So you can expect to get the BS stories if discussing certain subjects with these ladies, let alone a mama san. 

I recall a similar conversation between a guy and 2 girls in a bar recently, who thought that if they married in Thailand, they automatically would get everything if the foreigner died, even if this was money or wealth in other countries and bought / earned before marriage.

They kicked him out too after he told them to be wrong, it seemed like we broke their dreams or something.

Well you can find some twisted local 'beliefs' around these subjects.

When my Thai son got married his loud mouth lady boy older brother in law (who lives permenantly in a fanyast world) did the rounds of all the outer members of brides family telling them:

- By Thai law and Australian law when a man who has some connection to Australia marries all members of the brides family (parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters in law, all kids, all regardless of age, working/not working ) are entitled to a monthly allowance of 50,000Baht from the Aust. gov't.  

They all signed up then lady boy presented the list to my son requesting that he get me to get it started.

My son instantly told lady boy brother in law 'not true / no such thing. You will have to tell everybody on your list it's not true / not happening'. 

My son's lady boy BIL insisted it was true and he called the Aust. embassy in Bkk to get them to confirm. They didn't of course and told him to not ring back.

Lady boy proceeded to tell all that the Aust. embassy is corrupt and is stealing all this money every month and they tell lies. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 2

The OP is in a different culture, where men are expected to foot the bill.

Personally, I would be uncomfortable if it was a woman paying for me, due to the reversal of expectations.

Thais are not ignorant in terms of their own milieu. They are ignorant of the wider world, due to an education system directed at maintaining the status quo.

Just as well it does, because with better education maybe Thailand could become unaffordable for us.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Thais are not ignorant in terms of their own milieu. They are ignorant of the wider world,

You should have put the word "some" before your crass statement!

Your comment does NOT apply to ALL Thai people as you imply!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When my Thai son got married his loud mouth lady boy older brother in law did the rounds of all the outer members of rides family telling them:

- By Thai law and Australian law when a man who has some connection to Australia marries all members of the brides family (parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters in law, all kids) are entitled to a monthly allowance of 50,000Baht from the Aust. gov't.  

They all signed up then lady boy presented the list to my son requesting that he get me to get it started.

My son instantly told lady boy brother in law 'not true / no such thing. You will have to tell everybody on your list it's not true / not happening. 

My son's lady boy BIL insisted it was true and he called the Aust. embassy in Bkk to get them to confirm. They didn't of course and told him to not ring back.

Lady boy proceeded to tell all that the Aust. embassy is corrupt and is stealing all this money every month and they tell lies. 

Well, that explains everything.

This equality stuff is nonsense. Soon they will having Prime Ministers, Queens and Military leaders. Girls!! Get back into the kitchen where you are best suited. Leave the heavy lifting to us guys.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When my Thai son got married his loud mouth lady boy older brother in law (who lives permenantly in a fanyast world) did the rounds of all the outer members of brides family telling them:

- By Thai law and Australian law when a man who has some connection to Australia marries all members of the brides family (parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters in law, all kids, all regardless of age, working/not working ) are entitled to a monthly allowance of 50,000Baht from the Aust. gov't.  

My son instantly told lady boy brother in law 'not true / no such thing. You will have to tell everybody on your list it's not true / not happening'. 

Confused, not surprised, do you know what day of the week it is?

Just now, scottiejohn said:

You should have put the word "some" before your crass statement!

Your comment does NOT apply to ALL Thai people as you imply!

Agree. However, the proportion is probably 90 - 95%. Fairly easy to measure, it's the number of Thais who have not been outside Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Agree. However, the proportion is probably 90 - 95%. Fairly easy to measure, it's the number of Thais who have not been outside Thailand.

The numbers of US Americans who have travelled is not much bigger, and you can see how easily they accept total lies. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

Today i got into an argument at a bar with a 'mama san' or however u spell it.

she was adamant that women should never ever foot the bill and shouldnt even be allowed to earn more money than a man,

i told her thats ridiculous and she neeeds to understand that the world has evolved now.

many women these days work in high paid jobs and bring in the dough...

well she didnt like that and kicked me out of her bar.

i left without paying any tip and i wont be goin back!!

was I in the wrong?

should women always be paid for ?

are they not allowed to earn more than blokes?

any help appreciated.

Sometimes it is better to just nod and listen to what people have to say. No need to argue with people who is to sure about life or anything else, unless it helps the conversation where more people participate. 

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Just as well it does, because with better education maybe Thailand could become unaffordable for us.

disgraceful statement.

i hope the thais rise up soon, realize their full potential and squeeze you well and truly out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bob what are you doing dealing with a lady in a bar?? You said in your "I think I'm having a nervous breakdown" thread.

"Bar girls?? 

no thanks. Id rather defecate in my hands and clap! "

You seem to be sharing your s!!t everywhere you go.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bob smith said:

disgraceful statement.

i hope the thais rise up soon, realize their full potential and squeeze you well and truly out!

You think I care about your opinion?

It would take several generations to achieve what you want for me, I will be gone by then. As will you.

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

disgraceful statement.

You have to agree, we all taking advantage of status Q in Thailand! There is no question about it. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think the Mamasan has a point Bob.

What is all this equality about? Men go to war and ladies tend to the wounded. Ladies cook the grub; guys change the pick-up engine oil. Girls play with Barbie; boys play with trains.

A while back, it was the man who whacked the lady over the head, and dragged her to the cave. Let's enjoy the ladies for what they are. And if we can find a nice, honest, truthful one; then we have hit a so-called jack-pot. Well, at least 'til the dosh runs out.

How are things going with Mrs. Owl?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Today i got into an argument at a bar with a 'mama san' or however u spell it.

she was adamant that women should never ever foot the bill and shouldnt even be allowed to earn more money than a man,

i told her thats ridiculous and she neeeds to understand that the world has evolved now.

many women these days work in high paid jobs and bring in the dough...

well she didnt like that and kicked me out of her bar.

i left without paying any tip and i wont be goin back!!

was I in the wrong?

should women always be paid for ?

are they not allowed to earn more than blokes?

any help appreciated.

Is that the best you can come up with, surprised you even wanted to pay the bill