Calling a UK 0800 number from Thailand

LuckyLucas

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct ....  it will cost about 50 baht for 5 minutes ....

Don't know how you arrive at that figure, here's the Mytello rates Thailand - UK......

0.4bht/min to a UK landline and 1.7bht/min to a mobile. From memory my provider DTAC also charged me 1bht per minute, now do 0800 numbers attract a higher charge ?

Edited by Pumpuynarak

52 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Don't know how you arrive at that figure, here's the Mytello rates Thailand - UK......

0.4bht/min to a UK landline and 1.7bht/min to a mobile. From memory my provider DTAC also charged me 1bht per minute, now do 0800 numbers attract a higher charge ?

so going on your numbers it'll only be a few baht for 5 minutes,  approx 7 baht ....  I use it to call overseas,  it's cheap and the call quality is fine.  When you register,  when you register,  and then add any number it'll give you a local number to call ... then it's diverted to your requested number overseas.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so going on your numbers it'll only be a few baht for 5 minutes,  approx 7 baht ....  I use it to call overseas,  it's cheap and the call quality is fine.  When you register,  when you register,  and then add any number it'll give you a local number to call ... then it's diverted to your requested number overseas.

I recently called HMRC and i timed the call to approx 60 mins, i was on hold for most of it lol, i priced the call at approx 84bht. 0.4bht/min to Mytello and 1bht/min to DTAC.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I recently called HMRC and i timed the call to approx 60 mins, i was on hold for most of it lol, i priced the call at approx 84bht. 0.4bht/min to Mytello and 1bht/min to DTAC.  

That’s actually relatively expensive, due to the lack of a WiFi/mobile data calling option, which obviates the need to pay the extra for local calling costs. So you’d only pay 0.4 baht per minute. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

That’s actually relatively expensive, due to the lack of a WiFi/mobile data calling option, which obviates the need to pay the extra for local calling costs. So you’d only pay 0.4 baht per minute. 

But it pails into total insignificance compared to what i was paying DTAC prior to signing up to Mytello. I must investigate Skype but im a bit of a com dino lol

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Yes indeed it is ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

Did you get the same result when clicking on my link? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.localphone.localphoneapp

Of course I have no idea what version you are running nor your location in the first place. Since I don’t have an Android phone, I cannot replicate your actions exactly. Better you write to support with the details as they will know what is supported and what is not. 

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75515890/this-app-isnt-available-for-your-device-because-it-was-made-for-an-older-versio#:~:text=Solution is to update your,years for all your apps!

Apparently you won’t see that message on a new Playstore account. Some sort of bug they say when using older accounts. 
Either way, Localphone should be able to fix that from their end once they know about it. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NextG said:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75515890/this-app-isnt-available-for-your-device-because-it-was-made-for-an-older-versio#:~:text=Solution is to update your,years for all your apps!

Apparently you won’t see that message on a new Playstore account. Some sort of bug they say when using older accounts. 
Either way, Localphone should be able to fix that from their end once they know about it. 

That's interesting.

19 hours ago, NextG said:

Have fired off a communication to them about it. 

Thank you. I would not have known how to do that.

I have Nonoh and Voip Discount on my Samsung phone running on Android version 13 for the rare occasions when I need to make an international phone call and meant to install Localphone for a comparison of its features and ease of use. This can wait until they update the app to be compatible with old Google Play accounts. I would not want to fiddle with deleting my existing account and registering a new one.

7 hours ago, Puccini said:

Thank you. I would not have known how to do that.

I have Nonoh and Voip Discount on my Samsung phone running on Android version 13 for the rare occasions when I need to make an international phone call and meant to install Localphone for a comparison of its features and ease of use. This can wait until they update the app to be compatible with old Google Play accounts. I would not want to fiddle with deleting my existing account and registering a new one.

Understood. Hopefully they’ll do something about it.