After Pita, Pheu Thai gets to run the show

snoop1130

24 minutes ago, bannork said:

This constitution will be scrapped by the new government 

In order to scrap it, they would need the approval of at least one third of Senators, as required by the current Constitution.

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now certainly looking like bye MFP, major protests ahead.

BREAKING: Pheu Thai Party leader Cholnan Srikaew has invited leaders of the United Thai Nation Party and Chart Thai Pattana Kla for a talk on possible coalition formation late this afternoon

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682640529543303168

Edited by anchadian

9 minutes ago, candide said:

In order to scrap it, they would need the approval of at least one third of Senators, as required by the current Constitution.

The senators' terms expire next June. They won't be around to approve the next constitution 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Now certainly looking like bye MFP, major protests ahead.

BREAKING: Pheu Thai Party leader Cholnan Srikaew has invited leaders of the United Thai Nation Party and Chart Thai Pattana Kla for a talk on possible coalition formation late this afternoon

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682640529543303168

I believe that's wrong. He invited Bhumjaithai and Chart Thai Pattana 

19 minutes ago, bannork said:

The senators' terms expire next June. They won't be around to approve the next constitution 

There will be a new batch of Senators, by a complex mechanism ensuring that the yellow-green establishment will control the process. So the establishment only needs to succeed to select more than two third of the Senators who are on their side.

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Either way, we should learn later who the other two political parties are.

On the campaign trail Settha said he would resign if PT joined up with either Prayuth's  or Pravit's party.

PT leader, Dr Cholanan, ( spelling maybe dodgy) , said he would resign as leader if PT joined with either party 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, candide said:

There will be a new batch of Senators, by a complex mechanism ensuring that the yellow-green establishment will control the process. So the establishment only needs to succeed to select more than two third of the Senators who are on their side.

The new Constitution will override that. 

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Either way, we should learn later who the other two political parties are.

Here's a tv screen shot put up very soon after the election of 3 possible variations. You can discount the first. The second is without MFP. The 3rd is without MFP and PT. If you can't read Thai, sorry, but it's a woke requirement.

IMG_20230714_081625~2.jpg

22 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Here's a tv screen shot put up very soon after the election of 3 possible variations. You can discount the first. The second is without MFP. The 3rd is without MFP and PT. If you can't read Thai, sorry, but it's a woke requirement.

IMG_20230714_081625~2.jpg

Yes. The Thai army fortunately kicked out the army of Tiktokers. As usual the conservative representative looks a little tired.

So it looks like the title of this topic is right. Thaksin will control the country from Dubai. (And the king stayed long time in Germany I believe.)

But what monopolies does MFP want to break? Governmental or private?

3 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Yes. The Thai army fortunately kicked out the army of Tiktokers. As usual the conservative representative looks a little tired.

So it looks like the title of this topic is right. Thaksin will control the country from Dubai. (And the king stayed long time in Germany I believe.)

But what monopolies does MFP want to break? Governmental or private?

Yours, I think

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Of course Anutin advises against waiting, he wants to be in control NOW.

I'm sure MFP will be removed from the coalition, to be replaced with BJT, and I wouldn't even be surprised if Anutin demands he is nominated for PM

I'm interested to know exactly how a member of a coalition is expelled? They have an MoU. I believe that's some sort of legally binding document. I have one with an incredibly nasty neighbour, witnessed by the deputy chief of a provincial police force. We're to cease trying to murder and otherwise annoy each other.

There's no way either of us can just walk away from it. So.... Any clues anybody?

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

That would be the key for success for the 8 party coalition, if the Senate will not respect the voters will. Wait until Mai 2024.

I must have missed something . Has there been amendments to the constitution that i am unaware of/

According to section 109 of the constitution the outgoing Senators remain in position untill the new senators are appointed.

There is also the issue the opposition can nominate a candidate. The longer time passes the more apathy will encumber the population.

1/2) Move Forward Party leader Pita told supporters in Rayong province late Sat if the ship that is the 8-party coalition is sinking, those on the ship must help one another trying to stop the leak instead of throwing someone off the boat

(2/2) His remark was an apparent rebuttal to Thai Liberal Party leader Pol Gen Sererpisuth Temeeyaves who yest urged Move Forward Party to sacrifice itself by leaving because the boat of democracy is sinking.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682717888032174082

• Love It 1