Thai business leaders express concern over political instability

webfact

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

How is it constitutional for the Court to order the removal of Pita as a member of the House when it has not ruled on his quilt or innocence to allegations that he is disqualified as PM/MP? It feels Pita is presumed quilty unless he can argue successfully before the Court his innocence beyond a shadow of doubt. This is not a tenet in the rule of law in a democracy. 

I don't thi.k that they check his bed or quilt to make a ruling.

Perhaps his perceived guilt??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Sad, but true.

I was a bit surprised recently, however, to see that the US is supplying aid to the people of Myanmar. There are some who want to arm the resistance, believing that a few general-carrying helicopters shot down and a few coup leader family members taken out might 'encourage' the fake govt to take their ill gotten gains and go to Singapore.

And Sky News is running a series on what is happening there, from on the ground. But there, many thousands are being killed by the army over resistance. Thailand is extremely unlikely to get to that extreme. As for US action, what you suggest might happen never does. Rarely if ever read of rogue leaders being taken out, anywhere. Unfortunately. Only OBL over 9-11, but that directly affected America.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

This political instability will cost Thailand dearly. It will not end in a week but can take a long time, even a new coup will not stop the protests, as the people already have announced that they wil not accept that. Time goes by and other Asian countries will be glad that investors will come to them, as in Thailand even after a coup, the instability always will be and can end as in Myanmar in a kind of Civil War.... Sadly that 250 men are capable to bring Thailand to the edge, only for their own wealth.

I have yet to see any big protests on the streets. What's all this talk of a possible coup? That isn't needed or wanted by anyone. Pheu Thai is a compromise that would be acceptable to the establishment and the people and that is the way it will go, then I think Mr T will return.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Check the professional bicycle tour operators in Thailand and Thb 12000,- is like peanuts compared.

Felt 

Honestly, I don't know enough about bycycle touring and shouldn't have posted in hindsight.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves!   Definitely good exercise. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Central Restaurants Group (CRG) President, Nath Vongpanich, asserted that while politics doesn’t primarily dictate the growth of their restaurant and beverage venture, an expedient installation of a fresh prime minister for efficient national administration is something he contends for.

This focus on stability and efficiency over human values, overriding elections, and forming the alliance of business with a military government is called "fascism." 

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Certainly not effecting the baht much - chaos appears to be a booming business for it 

I keep watching it... it roughly seems to go with the flow of political fears... recently weakening as Thailand looks decidedly more likely to be unstable....comparing to USD of course.

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The rest of the world doesn't give a moment's thought about a SE Asian backwater country, that has no influence in any way or on anyone outside of its borders.

you're mistaken or uninformed. Almost 10 years of military rule has ruined what was a buoyant economy...............you think that has nothing to do with OI that was previously earmarked for here going elsewhere? Or the former PM not being a politician and used to giving orders not making compromises? Or the former PM going back on his word to other countries so often nobdy wants to do business with Thailand any more?

The Army needs to step aside and the Senate must be shown sense.  

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I keep watching it... it roughly seems to go with the flow of political fears... recently weakening as Thailand looks decidedly more likely to be unstable....comparing to USD of course.

Let's hope for a military backed regime and 55 baht to the £ then 

57 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:
22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The rest of the world doesn't give a moment's thought about a SE Asian backwater country, that has no influence in any way or on anyone outside of its borders.

you're mistaken or uninformed. Almost 10 years of military rule has ruined what was a buoyant economy...............you think that has nothing to do with OI that was previously earmarked for here going elsewhere? Or the former PM not being a politician and used to giving orders not making compromises? Or the former PM going back on his word to other countries so often nobdy wants to do business with Thailand any more?

The Army needs to step aside and the Senate must be shown sense.  

What has your post got to do with mine? If you, as you state as fact, often nobody wants to do business with Thailand in the years since the latest coup, then please back up what you say with figures. Otherwise, it is simply your opinion.

34 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Let's hope for a military backed regime and 55 baht to the £ then 

Well the £ actually weakened recently due to improved inflation numbers in the UK, reducing the likelihood of more interest rate rises.