Foreign media report on Pita’s woes

webfact

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not the job of responsible media to condemn in news items.

That's for opinion and analysis articles.

Errrrrrrr.   Since when did military take note of media?

Only when issuing propaganda.????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Errrrrrrr.   Since when did military take note of media?

Only when issuing propaganda.????????

I never said they would care.

As far as news, it is objective to news to report that the will of the people was crushed by the structure of the constitution. 

In a news item, what would be the point of saying that isn't good. Isn't that obvious?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I never said they would care.

As far as news, it is objective to news to report that the will of the people was crushed by the structure of the constitution. 

In a news item, what would be the point of saying that isn't good. Isn't that obvious?

Fair call, not having a dig at you.

I guess I am just cynical of what media, be it mass, social or anti-social, actually purposefully achieves these days.????????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

All the foreign media outlets described him as the general election winner and his party as sweeping up more House seats than any other party in the May general election.

Which would normally be the case.. however this is Thailand and nothing is normal... except corruption in politics.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

If he had just ommited the party’s stance on reforming Article 112, his problems would be over.

Possibly, the stance on this issue surprised me somewhat, it was flagrantly not PC, Thai people are a conservative lot when it concerns the monarchy and with a coalition government I doubt Pita could have got any changes passed in the house. An unnecessary fight before the main battle.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Presenters are now called 'stars;' earn fortunes and opine at will, however inane!

• Like 1

Honestly, does anyone think that Thailand ever cared about what others think about them? 

Thailand's interpretation of law and order can be explained very, very simple: 

A few weeks ago a German with a "tainted" background got butchered in Pattaya. There was an outcry by literally everybody and within zero time all suspects got apprehended and booked. For the outside world the law has been enforced and is now legal fodder. 
The very same authorities have been, (purposely or not?) hunting for the priceling of Red Bull, Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya, whose declared wealth, according to Bloomberg, reads  USD 27 billion as of March 2023.

Even Associated Press found his whereabouts in London in their first attempt yet he has been on the run for more than ten years. A Thai passport has a maximum lifespan of ten years. All the rest is up to the gifted readers ........... and might depend on the relatively thick sizes of wrappers, so timely dished over and over again to make sure that the story does not go down in history of the Yoovidhyas.

And, despite this legal "query", the yearly sales figures have exceeded more than one can of the sludge per earthling. Your call! 

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That MF was robbed blind is not opinion, it's a fact.

Edited by SoilSpoil

I first came to Thailand in 1979. Lived through out the 80s. This Government crap has been going on since the end of the 2nd world war. They don't lead all the countries in the world with the most successful Coups at TEN since 1945 for nothing!

I am currently reading the History of China.  There are so many parallels between China and Thailand just before China became Communist.  Thailand needs to be very, very careful because the Thai people, like the Chinese became so frustrated at the Governance of the Country, there was revolt after revolt until the Communist took advantage of the constant and ongoing turmoil of the people in Government, the people then decided to take the situation into their own hands.  This was from in parts, from a highly edicated and developed Country, which was way ahead of UK and Europe at the time.

57 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

I am currently reading the History of China.  There are so many parallels between China and Thailand just before China became Communist.  Thailand needs to be very, very careful because the Thai people, like the Chinese became so frustrated at the Governance of the Country, there was revolt after revolt until the Communist took advantage of the constant and ongoing turmoil of the people in Government, the people then decided to take the situation into their own hands.  This was from in parts, from a highly edicated and developed Country, which was way ahead of UK and Europe at the time.

Communism has never made any headway in Thailand because most all Thais are familiar with what happened to Czar Nicholas and his family once the Bolsheviks took over.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've been a journalist for over 40 years and what Jingthing writes is correct. There are news reporters and there are opinion and analysis articles written by top writers. That is becoming blurred now with everyone having an opinion and reporting their opinion as news. It is not.

nothing blurry about what is happening. i would love to really talk but. 

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:42 PM, Jingthing said:

Well, as you see, they didn't really condemn. They reported the truth. It might seem condemning to the reader as the facts uncover blatant tyranny, disgracing the democratic process and disregarding majority will of the people.

On 7/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, Felton Jarvis said:

If he had just ommited the party’s stance on reforming Article 112, his problems would be over.

I highky doubt that. It is just the most convenient and polarizing rationalization

19 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Communism has never made any headway in Thailand because most all Thais are familiar with what happened to Czar Nicholas and his family once the Bolsheviks took over.

Given the almost total ignorance of World let alone European history in Thailand, I doubt that 90% even know who the Romanovs were, let alone what happened to them.

What we would consider as "history" is simply not taught here.

Edited by herfiehandbag